Introducing HIFIMAN EF600--Desktop DAC/AMP Featuring HYMALAYA Pro Modules
Mar 22, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #31 of 263
An r2r dac for me with the ef400 was pretty sweet. The music sounded more musical to me and wetter if that makes sense. Looking forward to reviews here for sure.
Likewise. To paraphrase, "like the EF400, but better - and with more functionality/connectivity" sounds like a winner. Can't wait to hear what people think about it. If the DAC sounds nearly as good as the other cheaper R2R DACS out there (Musician Draco, Denafrips Aries, Cayin) it will be like getting the amp side as a bonus.

Mar 22, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #33 of 263
Likewise. To paraphrase, "like the EF400, but better - and with more functionality/connectivity" sounds like a winner. Can't wait to hear what people think about it. If the DAC sounds nearly as good as the other cheaper R2R DACS out there (Musician Draco, Denafrips Aries, Cayin) it will be like getting the amp side as a bonus.
Yes sir, if it’s an upgrade to an already awesome sound in addition to working out the kinks or perceived kinks with the ef400 it’s something I’ll seriously be considering adding to my collection. I would imagine they would want to start kicking reviews on gear sooner than later, but either way it’s got my interest for sure!

Mar 22, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #34 of 263
An r2r dac for me with the ef400 was pretty sweet. The music sounded more musical to me and wetter if that makes sense. Looking forward to reviews here for sure.
Wetter? That’s one I have not heard yet haha.

Mar 22, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #35 of 263

Yep, always a challenge to describe sound and some descriptions are rather interesting. I've heard the term "syrupy" used a few times. 🍯:yum:

Mar 22, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #36 of 263
LOL it’ll make sense once you get a chance to hear one, or at least the ef400. I haven’t had a chance to check out dentafrips or anything like that as I don’t have anyone local, vendor or otherwise that would have one to check out unfortunately. I would have kept the ef400 but it had a default so I returned it in my window. Hoping the ef600 is a different animal all around, and it looks like it will be from everything I’ve read.

Mar 22, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #37 of 263
Yep, always a challenge to describe sound and some descriptions are rather interesting. I've heard the term "syrupy" used a few times. 🍯:yum:
For sure it is, I’ve heard wetter before on a review and I found it the perfect word to describe my thoughts about it!

Mar 24, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #38 of 263
I just read a bit about the ef400 since that seems to be a lot like the ef600 thats coming up.
Was it discontinued or something? What was the problem with it?
In a review it was mentioned that it was not powwerful enough to drive the arya v2 but it did work well with the susvara.
I sure hope that the ef600 will be able to drive the arya stealth though!
These are interesting times for sure.
Maybe reviews can only be released around the official release date of the amp, assuming that some folks have gotten review samples...
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 26, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #39 of 263
I just read a bit about the ef400 since that seems to be a lot like the ef600 thats coming up.
In a review it was mentioned that it was not powwerful enough to drive the arya v2 but it did work well with the susvara.
Maybe reviews can only be released around the official release date of the amp, assuming that some folks have gotten review samples...
Greetings, Anouk,
No native support for DSD, which is common for R2R. Usually there will be a separate chip to deal with DSD.

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #40 of 263
I'll pick one up next year when Adorama blows them out for $99 :D

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #41 of 263
Greetings, Anouk,
Looking forward to reviews myself! I found with the Meze Elites the ef400 had plenty of power, I rarely went over 10am on the dial.

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #42 of 263
Looking forward to reviews myself! I found with the Meze Elites the ef400 had plenty of power, I rarely went over 10am on the dial.

"
EASY TO DRIVE
101db@1mw/1kHz; 32Ohm; can be driven by almost any source without the need for amplification."

https://mezeaudio.com/products/elite

So not exactly a testimonial for the EF400

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #43 of 263
"
EASY TO DRIVE
101db@1mw/1kHz; 32Ohm; can be driven by almost any source without the need for amplification."

https://mezeaudio.com/products/elite

So not exactly a testimonial for the EF400
Respectfully, it was a testimonial for the pairing of the EF400 and Meze Elites, but I hear where you are coming from on what it will and won’t power well depending on what phones you are using.

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #44 of 263
Everyone is waiting for this thing to get reviewed and whoever first says it can drive the Susvara will be looked at under a microscope.
That is a lot of pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back