Introducing HIFIMAN EF600--Desktop DAC/AMP Featuring HYMALAYA Pro Modules
Mar 29, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #47 of 264
Does this unit come with a remote?

I don't see any mention of one, but "hope springs eternal."
That would be unusual, looking at their past offerings.

Apr 6, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #48 of 264
Everyone is waiting for this thing to get reviewed and whoever first says it can drive the Susvara will be looked at under a microscope.
That is a lot of pressure
To be fair though it’s been Dr Fang Bian that has been saying that it can drive the Susvara in “very good levels”. It definitely seems like an overpromise, and I dunno if it would have been better that he’s silent about the Susvara driving whilst having the reviewers discover and praise its Susvara capabilities instead. We shall see!

Apr 6, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #49 of 264
To be fair though it’s been Dr Fang Bian that has been saying that it can drive the Susvara in “very good levels”. It definitely seems like an overpromise, and I dunno if it would have been better that he’s silent about the Susvara driving whilst having the reviewers discover and praise its Susvara capabilities instead. We shall see!
Would Susvara owners really be very interested in a bargain-priced all-in-one unit? Surely they have much better gear already or if they're shopping, would be eyeing much more refined DACs and powerhouse amps. Maybe they would buy one of these on a whim and throw it in the office or bedroom so they can use their Susvaras away from their main rig? IMO, this unit's success hinges on how it does with planars in the $500-$2,000 range.

Apr 6, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #50 of 264
Would Susvara owners really be very interested in a bargain-priced all-in-one unit? Surely they have much better gear already or if they're shopping, would be eyeing much more refined DACs and powerhouse amps. Maybe they would buy one of these on a whim and throw it in the office or bedroom so they can use their Susvaras away from their main rig? IMO, this unit's success hinges on how it does with planars in the $500-$2,000 range.
Haha! I will enjoy it for its BT LDAC streaming capabilities and the HFM iteration of R2R DAC. Always nice to have choice. :)

Apr 6, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #51 of 264
As a Susvara owner yes I am interested. It’s supposed to be a fun hobby and you’re right part of it is to possibly be able to take my Susvara listening to other areas of the home or at another home. And Susvara owners tend to also have other cans in the stable that could work well with these, and it’s always nice to have amps that could work really well with most cans which you could also plug a Susvara into sometimes.

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #52 of 264
Higher price does not necessarily indicate a superior sounding product.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying this out for my Susvara.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #55 of 264
does worth to buy ef600 for sensitive headphones 106db 1mw 32ohm? or better look at rme adi2 dac fs?
Two very different animals. EF600 has a R2R ladder dac, while the RME has an ESS chip dac. EF600 has a very powerful amp while the RME seems to be targeted to IEM listeners. I doubt the EF600 would be too much for your efficient headphones (on low gain setting) but it might be too noisy for IEMs. Also, do you prefer a warm and lush sound signature (EF600) or a clean and neutral signature (RME)?

Apr 15, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #56 of 264
EF600 is set to be released and pre-orders be shipped out today, April 14th right? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm excited to compare it to its predecessor EF400
I hear that there has been a delay and there was no ETA.

Apr 15, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #57 of 264
Two very different animals. EF600 has a R2R ladder dac, while the RME has an ESS chip dac. EF600 has a very powerful amp while the RME seems to be targeted to IEM listeners. I doubt the EF600 would be too much for your efficient headphones (on low gain setting) but it might be too noisy for IEMs. Also, do you prefer a warm and lush sound signature (EF600) or a clean and neutral signature (RME)?
correct.im user of hybrid xduoo ta-22 amp,but today ordered ,after long time period,more than 500 messages here on forum and investigate...,RME ADI-2 FS dac with ess chip. im no need and never use bluetooth,never use EQ, but like rme screen ,moving eq anime,compaq size and superior sound. other alternatives was ifi neo idsd,topping dx7 pro+,xduoo xa-10,hifiman ef400 and hifiman ef600, fiio k9 pro ,burston x3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back