Introducing the ALO Audio Rx "Prescription" Mk2 Headphone Amplifier
Oct 18, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #61 of 92
Was visiting some people down in Oregon so I decided to stop by and ask about the Protector-to-female 1/8in interconnects I recalled Ken talking about at the Seattle Head-fi meet.  There was no Ken to be seen (on second thought I doubt he's there on the weekends to begin with, even w/o an event going on), but I saw this sucker on your guys' storefront; having recalled him saying this 'blows the Protector out of the water' I figured I'd give it a try.

Long story short, you guys lost my sale on the interconnects.  No real point trying considering the Rx2 meets or exceeds even the pseudo-balanced output imo.  Great work with the amp, and thanks for leaving a couple black ones over at the storefront.

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #63 of 92

Quote:
Was visiting some people down in Oregon so I decided to stop by and ask about the Protector-to-female 1/8in interconnects I recalled Ken talking about at the Seattle Head-fi meet.  There was no Ken to be seen (on second thought I doubt he's there on the weekends to begin with, even w/o an event going on), but I saw this sucker on your guys' storefront; having recalled him saying this 'blows the Protector out of the water' I figured I'd give it a try.

Long story short, you guys lost my sale on the interconnects.  No real point trying considering the Rx2 meets or exceeds even the pseudo-balanced output imo.  Great work with the amp, and thanks for leaving a couple black ones over at the storefront.

MuuMuu

Sorry I missed you, was at RMAF all weekend and yes usually I am not lurking around the back on the weekends anyways. We do have some at the store, always well and also a Demo one for the curious. Again thanks for stopping by,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 20, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #65 of 92
I have a few questions in regards to the new amplifier.

1.) What are the dB steps in low gain (is that the +/- 0.5 dB spec or just how close the gain is to the rated number?)

2.) Can the volume be adjusted lower than the 5th Gen iPod? I find myself listening to my Triple.Fi 10's at the very bottom of what the 5th Gen allows and want to go even lower.

3.) In all honesty, how hard is the volume to adjust when setup like it is in your photos? It looks like that particular LOD blocks a person from easily adjusting without moving things around every time.

Thank you!

Oct 20, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #66 of 92

Quote:
Just got it, very nice packaging. Sitting on the charger to top it off as I type

Me too.  Too bad I didn't bring my imod to work today.  Guess I'll just have to wait till I get home.  The build quality looks great and the packaging is nice too.  

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #68 of 92

2.) Can the volume be adjusted lower than the 5th Gen iPod? I find myself listening to my Triple.Fi 10's at the very bottom of what the 5th Gen allows and want to go even lower.

X2! I want to know this as well, I'm at the first volume step with my se530's.
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #69 of 92

Quote:
I have a few questions in regards to the new amplifier.

1.) What are the dB steps in low gain (is that the +/- 0.5 dB spec or just how close the gain is to the rated number?)

3.) In all honesty, how hard is the volume to adjust when setup like it is in your photos? It looks like that particular LOD blocks a person from easily adjusting without moving things around every time.

Thank you!

The starting volume in very very low, almost zero. I do not have a answer for your dB in low gain question. Its best to use a full size cable if your worried about adjusting the volume or if you have sausage fingers. I have no problem adjusting the volume.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #70 of 92
Do you know what the max dB attenuation of the volume control is? That might be enough info for some of the IEM users. And any word on a pre-order package of the Rx Mk2 and a Solo? Inquiring minds would love to know!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #71 of 92
Hi Ken, too bad the rx II is sold out. I'm wondering do you have the solo/USB doc cable combo avalible? So is the solo basically a portable nds1/170i with a bad ass dac? How good is the solo lineout compare to the rwa imod+alo lod, and will imod benefit from the solo?

Last question, when can I get my hand on a rxII again?

Thanks!

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #72 of 92

Here's the Rx attenuation table:

The table is the same for high and low gains - high gain is about 14dB higher than low gain

Kb

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #74 of 92
Thanks for that Ken. Are you still figuring out different package deals? I would imagine a lot of people would be interested in both the Rx Mk2 and the Solo...especially for those who don't already own a Rx (1st gen). And because they just look so purty together!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back