Introducing the Audeze MM-500!
Jun 3, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #16 of 476
Is 1699 the price for preorders or will this always be the price? Gonna be very annoying if they raise it!
They have not done that in the past, so I see no reason why they would do it now.

Jun 3, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #18 of 476
Congrats on a very promising product and on hiring such an accomplished engineer. Many years ago I wondered why there wasn’t a Bob Katz tuned flagship Audeze… I guess this is the same idea.

Some constructive feedback:

1.Stop using cheap connectors on your cables. You charge enough to afford better.

2. Please release measurements when launching new headphones. These days almost everyone is interested in them.

I hope they’re good and that you sell a million!
1. I think Audeze chose these connectors specifically because they are so tight. More tight = better connection = better sound (Ergonomics be dammed)
2. Do they not supply the individual headphones measured response upon request? They have their own testing gear, so it may not translate well for everyone.

Jun 3, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #20 of 476
1. I think Audeze chose these connectors specifically because they are so tight. More tight = better connection = better sound (Ergonomics be dammed)
Reans and Amphenol are both inferior to Furutechs, which have just as tight of a connection but don’t require jerking the connector from the headphone. It still remains a mystery to me why companies use these cheap, $2 connectors to connect a headphone worth thousands.

That said, I’m definitely checking out this headphone!

Jun 3, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #21 of 476
Reans and Amphenol are both inferior to Furutechs, which have just as tight of a connection but don’t require jerking the connector from the headphone. It still remains a mystery to me why companies use these cheap, $2 connectors to connect a headphone worth thousands.

That said, I’m definitely checking out this headphone!
Yeah, I don't think so. Most people are probably capable of unplugging a cable. Furutechs coating on the other hand is debatable.

Jun 3, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #22 of 476
What's anyone's guess as to how good these will sound..maybe it'll be a backwards mx4 pricing wise..the mx 4 shouldn't be $3000..yet has been on sale many times for $1500 which is why I believe this will be on par in sound quality as the mx4..just different sound of course

Jun 3, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #23 of 476
What's anyone's guess as to how good these will sound..maybe it'll be a backwards mx4 pricing wise..the mx 4 shouldn't be $3000..yet has been on sale many times for $1500 which is why I believe this will be on par in sound quality as the mx4..just different sound of course
Refined LCD-X, just guessing

Jun 3, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #25 of 476
I honestly do not think it will sell that great if it's only a refined lcd x
LCDX is Audeze's best selling headphone by a HUGE margin. If this is truly a Studio reference neutral it'll sell an incredible amount of units.

By all accounts so far this is targeted as a studio reference monitoring tool. It's not a flagship or anything even close to that. It's an uncolored studio tool.

I think @DuncanDirkDick is correct. This is a refined LCDX 2021 with the weight and form factor of the LCD 5 with less premium materials and less technical performance.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #26 of 476
495 gr is not really comfort for all day, is it?
Better than 641 gr

Wow this sounds like the sequel type sound to the MX4 at nearly half the price..anyone agree? I bet this will sound as good if not better!
You think they would put out a $1699 model to compete with their $2995 one?

Jun 3, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #27 of 476
You think they would put out a $1699 model to compete with their $2995 one?
Of course. They would simply stop making it if they didn't sell any more.

Jun 3, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #28 of 476
Are there any pre-production versions of the MM-500 out for review? Or are we going to have to wait for August for people to start getting them and tell us what they sound like and what the tuning is?

I'm really really curious about what the tuning is for this headphone. Is it going to have the midrange bump of the LCD-5? Or is it going to be more like the LCD-X? Or what?

Jun 3, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #29 of 476
I love Audeze but their Head of Professional Products named a line after himself and put his own name on the headphones? I know he's accomplished, it just rubs me the wrong way. Either way, I'm buying an LCD-3 soon - can't beat the classics!
• (Showing myself as an older audiophile).
• When I saw the product name before I read the release, my first thought was “moving magnet”: Audeze —> phono cartridges?
• Then I wondered: “headphones where the magnets move (?)”
• Then I read the release. Interesting - I am glad that I have h/p cables with Eidolic connectors.
• (One of my longtime h/p is the LCD-X, 2016 vintage with non-suspension headband. No EQ, comfortable, great sound.)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #30 of 476
What do you need to power these? Do they work straight out of an audio interface or a DAC like a Chord Dave?

If not, then I am not interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back