Is there a risk shipping to international buyer?
Mar 3, 2008 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

kyotousa

100+ Head-Fier
The buyer is from Australia and pay with paypal. So I would not get seller protection.
If I ship with USPS EMI with insurance/tracking would I still be in risk of paypal chargeback?

Mar 3, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 29
I personally would have no problem shipping to Austrailia. If you're that worried about paypal chargeback then get a bank transfer.

Mar 3, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 29
i would be comfortable to ship to australia, germany, france, canada, Scandinavia the US and maybe japan, but feedback would matter, its more risk for the buyer if you ask me

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 29
If you know the buyer well enough through all the PMs you guys exchanged, then go for it. I shipped a $100+ cable to Australia recently with no insurance or tracking number; it got to his door in just a few days.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 29
There are a risk shipping to any buyer. Regardless if its a national or international one...
You just have to make up if its worth it or not.

Mar 3, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you strain too hard on the toilet, you can blow a blood vessel in your head. Risks are all around us.

X2 Priceless

Mar 4, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would be comfortable to ship to australia, germany, france, canada, Scandinavia the US and maybe japan, but feedback would matter, its more risk for the buyer if you ask me

I was wondering why you'd be happy posting to all those countries but not the UK, then I noticed your location. D'oh!
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you strain too hard on the toilet, you can blow a blood vessel in your head. Risks are all around us.

Actually, you're probably more likely to give yourself a pneumothorax, but that's only slightly better off than having having a haemorrhage up there.
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyotousa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The buyer is from Australia and pay with paypal. So I would not get seller protection.
If I ship with USPS EMI with insurance/tracking would I still be in risk of paypal chargeback?

I'm in Australia and buy stuff all the time from overseas. I've had no problems so far (touch wood
wink.gif
).

However your question is really about the buyer's integrity, regardless of where they are located.

As others have indicated, if you trust them proceed. If you don't trust them try and work out what you both need to do to get to a point of trust.

Life is a risk. It doesn't stop us living it, though.
wink.gif
You'll get both good and bad experiences but, hopefully, as in most cases I've seen so far on HeadFi, you'll find very few bad here and very very very many good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back