Jay Z To Buy Tidal For $56M?
Jan 31, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #136 of 150
  You can always go with Tidal Premium ($10/month) at 320 kbps.

I thought of that. But I was already on the $10 Spotify plan (320kbps), and like yay101 said, I found that a lot of content that was on spotify was missing on tidal, so the $10 tidal plan didn't make sense to me. Which again is why I think that if tidal lowered their lossless monthly fee down to $10 (or even $15), they would quickly win over a lot of customers who want lossless content.

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #137 of 150
Really, a lot of content was missing?  What type of material can't you find on Tidal?

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #138 of 150
  Really, a lot of content was missing?  What type of material can't you find on Tidal?

They are quite comparable with maintstream stuff. It was trance where I recall finding a lot more content on spotify.

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #139 of 150

They are quite comparable with maintstream stuff. It was trance where I recall finding a lot more content on spotify.

I tried getting into trance, but there is such a constant and massive volume of that stuff made that even if I really wanted to follow it, it is impossible to keep up with. I'm sure there are a few actual artists that keep producing material, but my impression is the vast majority of that stuff is people who author some stuff when they were in that phase and then disappear forever. I shelled out I think $39 for one of those 4 CD trance sets at HMV and A, there was like a zillion songs, the few I tried were really so uninspiring the idea of taking hours to go through the collection was just too daunting. As well, most of what I heard was actually pretty lame. I know there is good trance, but the genre is too transient, too massive, and hard to follow so I can't blame Tidal for passing on it.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #140 of 150
  I tried getting into trance, but there is such a constant and massive volume of that stuff made that even if I really wanted to follow it, it is impossible to keep up with. I'm sure there are a few actual artists that keep producing material, but my impression is the vast majority of that stuff is people who author some stuff when they were in that phase and then disappear forever. I shelled out I think $39 for one of those 4 CD trance sets at HMV and A, there was like a zillion songs, the few I tried were really so uninspiring the idea of taking hours to go through the collection was just too daunting. As well, most of what I heard was actually pretty lame. I know there is good trance, but the genre is too transient, too massive, and hard to follow so I can't blame Tidal for passing on it.

I've tried, but I just can't get into it. Maybe it's an age thing (I'm in my early fifties)... Never trust anyone over thirty.

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #141 of 150

I've tried, but I just can't get into it. Maybe it's an age thing (I'm in my early fifties)... Never trust anyone over thirty.

I'm almost 48 myself, and yes, I don't trust older people as I know they are losing it.
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #142 of 150

If only they would pass on all of the "Pop" that they seem to cater to! 
wink.gif

Yes, trance is a daunting genre, but I've managed to find a few sub-genres that I like quite a bit (progressive house being one). I really enjoy it for falling asleep to, or when on the elliptical, or when I just want some cool background music going. I recently discovered Frisky Radio which seems to be offering me what I need trance-wise, so maybe I'll give Tidal another whirl one of these days.

Maybe not (you can carbon-date me lol)

Feb 18, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #143 of 150
Very little music is immune, these days, owing to the powers-that-be, but trance is especially notorious for rumours of embedded/masked messaging.

Just sayin'...

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #144 of 150
  Very little music is immune, these days, owing to the powers-that-be, but trance is especially notorious for rumours of embedded/masked messaging.

Just sayin'...

What type of messages are supposed to be hidden in this way?

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #146 of 150

Just sayin'...

Not sure if you're joking or not, but if not, feel free to elaborate!

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #147 of 150

Just sayin'...

Is this a response to someone, or is this just a random drive-by conspiracy theory?

Trance was being discussed, hence my remark, relating to trance.

Here is not the place to discuss conspiracy theories, but my intentionally-brief remark is sufficient to act as a springboard for anyone wishing to know more.

It wasn't intended as a thread-derailment - just a straight-up 'heads-up'

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #148 of 150

Very little music is immune, these days, owing to the powers-that-be, but trance is especially notorious for rumours of embedded/masked messaging.

Just sayin'...

What type of messages are supposed to be hidden in this way?

need more headphones. I need more headphones. I need more headphones. I need more headphones. I need more headphones. I need more headphones. 

eek.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #149 of 150

need more headphones. I need more headphones. I need more headphones. I need more headphones. I need more headphones. I need more headphones. 

eek.gif

LOL, so true. This must be the case, I just bought another headphone today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back