Jay Z To Buy Tidal For $56M?
Apr 1, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #106 of 150
waynes world literally for choice. Want to use a better app? (currently the official app is fairly aweful) Want to play back on (insert thing here that supports upnp/dlna)? How about your dedicated music playback device, whatever that is?

Currently the supported list of playback devices is pretty bleak for people who are going to be getting the most from lossless streaming. API = make our own frontends for the service out of anything existing or future, without a dime of investment by tidal. Win win.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #107 of 150
I had Tidal for two months and it sounded good and I actually came to like the iOS app once I got used to it. But $20 a month is not worth it and a ton of their hip-hop albums had no explicit version available. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #109 of 150

I'm wishing Tidal well.  Pros:
1.  Better quality sound.
2.  Better royalties to the music makers.
3.  Same price as the lossy competitors for the lossy service; $20 for better quality.  Sounds fair to me.

Cons:
1.  Actually not a con; some people resent that financially successful musicians are involved, but I don't see why that's a negative; someone's going to invest and run it, might as well be people interested in music and musicians.
2.  Actually not a con; some people don't like Jay Z or Nicki Minaj or Madonna; so what?  You may not like the taste of Mr. and Mrs. Generic  Rich Business people either, if they were the ones who bought Tidal.
3.  Actually not a con; some people didn't like the media event held to promote Tidal.  Who cares?  I don't care about that or any other fluffy PR event by any other company.  I just judge by the product/service.

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #110 of 150
Well said Bill! I am loving TIDAL on my iPhone 6+ and MacBook, 0 drops recently on the iPhone, very infrequent on the Mac. If you are interested in expanding your musical experience, taste, there is nothing better. If a niche user and your niche isn't on there, probably better using another source.

Yea, don't really care for Jay Z, Madonna but that really is insignificant compared to the great sound, expanding library and fair treatment of artists.

All the folks that love to see others fail, you know who you are, the earth is not flat and hi Rez is here to stay!

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #111 of 150
You missed very average apps with desktop apps written in *****, no piblic api and missing so much music :frowning2: let alone so much not being available in flac.

If you are going to pretend there is nothing to be improved that's fine, but there are plenty of things to be improved.

I'm a subscriber because I'm giving it a few months and seeing if anything improves. Already the lists of coming soon features are looking better, and the APIs for various platforms have been hacked to work on more platforms so I can play music on every single thing in my house. Time will tell if they change them to close the holes though.

May 3, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #112 of 150
Thats the new trend it seems, Dr.Dre with Beats now JayZ  ... 
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg

May 3, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #113 of 150
Thats the new trend it seems, Dr.Dre with Beats now JayZ  ... 

Musicians in music related businesses? Where will it end? Next thing you know there will be athletes involved in sports product businesses, doctors involved in health care businesses, and chemists involved in pharmaceuticals. Oh no!

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #114 of 150
I have the option for a USB To Go link and plastic harness for mounting to my handset for reamplification of music content. Although I much rather stay on the one device.

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #115 of 150
I really like Tidal, didn't like Apple Music at all, awful interface in my opinion. I find Tidal very intuitive and extremely simple to use in addition to a very good library. I only pay for the 320 file streaming, but I find that plenty good enough anyway.

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #117 of 150
  If only we could choose from certain genres of music, I would be onboard. But paying for a bunch of genres that I know I have zero interest in isn't exactly very appealing.

What exactly are you referring too? There are plenty of genre's available on TIDAL. Almost anything I've ever looked for they've got.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #119 of 150
What I meant was paying less than $10, for example, $5 for only a few select genres.
Imagine the complications involved. Half the people would say hey, why is A in my metal genre, they're stoner rock and don't belong. And the other half would complain that baroque composer were missing from romantic/classical genre.

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #120 of 150
Exactly. It would just unnecessarily complicate things and would just lead to confusion from prospective subscribers. I think it's a great value to get any album I could desire in FLAC quality, but mainly because music is important to me and I used to spend $30-40 on music a month anyway. Now I spend $20 and can listen to anything I want not just what I own.

If TIDAL adds hi-res streaming too as some have speculated, and keeps the price the same, that would only increase the value factor too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back