Keyboards?
Sep 12, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #211 of 235
I thought I'd posted this previously, I have a Keychron K2 v2 in BT mode to pair with my laptop, for use when I'm overseas. I'm gonna use a pair of of Creative Pebble V3 and a Creative Aurvana Live SE for audio appreciation overseas, thinking of using a Nu Force uDAC3, but haven't tested it yet to see if there's any appreciable difference between laptop headphone port and it. I could, ofc, take my iFi Micro iDSD along instead, but I think it's overkill even IF it were for 2-3 months, besides, it's way bulkier than the uDAC3.

Oh yeah, I'd swapped out the stock keycaps of the K2 for a set of PBT shine through keycaps, these should last longer. I'm using an external keyboard because gaming on the mushy membrane keyboard of the laptop just felt wrong, besides, should I damage the laptop keyboard after a particular bad round of gaming, and subject it to my frustration, repair cost of the laptop keyboard would prolly set me back more than the price of an external keyboard like the Keychron K2.
7uAmO33.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #213 of 235
I remember when this released and how much flak the Romer-G switches got. I liked it for gaming, the WASD/arrow keys are pretty neat.
It's actually a pretty great mechanical keyboard. I forget that it is a mechanical keyboard untill I'm on the phone with someone or I'm streaming and someone mentions the sound of the keyboard or I go use a membrane keyboard and hate the mushy feel.

Aug 30, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #216 of 235
So I had money I apparently wanted to not have anymore.. (not a whole lot of money mind y'all?) but anyways I decided to try out a 65% keyboard.. So I went on Ali and ordered this GMK67 / Outemu Silent Lemon V2 and a cheap WOB pbt doubleshot keycap set...I did manage to bend a few switch pins putting this together, but not so much they couldn't be straighten out and used still. But yeah I am liking it so far, it feels a fair bit different to my Filco MT2 TKL (mx-reds /vortext pbt keycaps) that I have been using for more than 8yrs at this point, Still haven't fully decided how I feel about the 65% form factor and having to func + for F-keys ..etc. But going to give it a go, Using it with bluetooth on my pc and it has been working great. Here are some photo. My cat Harvey was very pleased indeed about this keyboard as you can see in last photo.Gmk67_5.jpgGmk76_2.jpggmk67_3.jpggm67_harvey.jpg

Aug 31, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #217 of 235
microsoft-sculpt-ergonomic-keyboard-primary-100780773-orig.png
Currently using the Microsoft Sculpt! Pros: decently priced, good hand separation so the shoulders do not have to lean inwards too much, free palm rest, fairly compact. Cons: is a decade old with only a 2.4 GHz connection that requires me to put the adapter in the front of the computer; top row needs to be switched to get Fn or other commands; all plastic minus the palm rest.

Sep 2, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #218 of 235
I use the Logitech Wave. I have the cordless version that comes with a mouse but I think they also have a wired version that is just the keyboard only.

41F0XKX8YSL._SS400_.jpg

It has a somewhat unconventional design which makes it very comfortable to use. NFL crypto betting The wireless range is really good and the keys are quiet https://www.viberate.com/music-analytics/ but provide a nice firm feeling under your fingers when pressed. It also has a lot of programmable keys but I haven't really used them yet. They are also geared more towards Vista.
i used logitech too, it is very comfortable though

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #219 of 235
In order to streamline switching between my mechanical keyboards I did a thing today. I had ordered some JST connectors and a cheap usb mini extension cable.. (two of my mech keyboards have removable cables using usb Mini connectors) so now I can switch between these 3 with one cable... GREAT? I can also quickly remove any of these in order to usb my GMK67 instead. (it is connected to pc via Bluetooth..

Anyway here is a shot of my Filco MT2 TKL and the Cable I made for it, chose these approach as it is 100% reversible in future if need be. I have been very fond of this filco TKL and have used it nearly 100% of the time for the last 8yrs. I am next going to attempt to Holee mod the stabs on this Filco (mostly space bar)... If i get that sorted out this filce is all but "End Game" for my as I have loved this thing since buying it 8+yrs ago.
cable1.jpgmt2moddedcable.jpg

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #220 of 235
The 2 latest additions to the desk set-up.

Cerakey's latest Ceramic Keycap MX set.
These things are beautiful and sound great.
typing.jpg

The 2nd is the gaming set up.
The Azeroth Cyborg with an analog stick and 28 programmable keys, and an additional 12 on the mouse just for the hell of it.
gaming.jpg

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #222 of 235
Changed my setup so I can use two computers (Mac and Windows) at once, and currently waiting on an extras sale for a wireless ortho kit so I can at least clean up one wire and save on more desk space even though I still have two large trackball mice.

CannonKeys Atlas (Harimau Switches, ePBT Less But Better) & Sneakbox AVA (Gateron Black Ink v2, Osume Tsukimi).

Attachments

• 2023.10.05_10.53.37.JPG
    2023.10.05_10.53.37.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 2023.10.05_10.53.57.JPG
    2023.10.05_10.53.57.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 2023.10.05_10.54.01.JPG
    2023.10.05_10.54.01.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
Oct 21, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #223 of 235
D7D23003-309B-41BF-A290-97017D1D32DF.jpeg

Currently rotating between my AI03 Andromeda and Keycult No.2. Although tbh my CW88 (Not pictured) gets the most usage since it’s become my beater board lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back