Keyboards?
Mar 12, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #16 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was wondering what type of keyboards everyone here has...i've been thinking about getting this:

so what keyboard do you have?

Hey Zep!

I am typing from exactly this keyboard you posted. It's awesome looking, typing is great!

But this *must* be the ultimate keyboard-fi!

Art Lebedev Optimus Maximus Keyboard with 113 OLED Graphical Screen Keys - Black Products Model: OPTIMUS-MAXIMUS [OPTIMUS-MAXIMUS] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #17 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Zep!

I am typing from exactly this keyboard you posted. It's awesome looking, typing is great!

But this *must* be the ultimate keyboard-fi!

Art Lebedev Optimus Maximus Keyboard with 113 OLED Graphical Screen Keys - Black Products Model: OPTIMUS-MAXIMUS [OPTIMUS-MAXIMUS] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

It's not good for typing from the reviews I've read. It's more just for show... like buying a diamond-encrusted laptop, you wouldn't do anything with it.

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #18 of 235
I've been a big fan of the Keytronic keyboards. I've used a straight black one for some time and love the layout, key feel and performance.

I didn't think I'd like the MacBook keyboard at all, but I've ended up loving it.

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #19 of 235
23-109-148-01.jpg

Microsoft Natural 4000

By far the best keyboard I've ever used. I've tried a lot, and nothing's ever come close. The Ergo may look daunting, but I picked it up nearly instantly (of course, I've been able to touch type for a long time) and it's amazingly comfortable. It doesn't screw with your normal typing habits either - I get about 120WPM on the desktop but still above 90 on the laptop too.

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #21 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
23-109-148-01.jpg

Microsoft Natural 4000

By far the best keyboard I've ever used. I've tried a lot, and nothing's ever come close. The Ergo may look daunting, but I picked it up nearly instantly (of course, I've been able to touch type for a long time) and it's amazingly comfortable. It doesn't screw with your normal typing habits either - I get about 120WPM on the desktop but still above 90 on the laptop too.

that looks daunting..i dont type the normal way like you would being taught in a keyboarding class...so this might take some adjusting too...i kind of like the logitech wave or whatever its called as well...i dont know..keep the suggestions coming
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #23 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that looks daunting..i dont type the normal way like you would being taught in a keyboarding class...so this might take some adjusting too...i kind of like the logitech wave or whatever its called as well...i dont know..keep the suggestions coming
smily_headphones1.gif

My keyboard is similar, and it basically forces you to type "properly." The Logitech wouldn't be quite as bad, but I think it would impact your typing somewhat.

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #24 of 235
I use the Microsoft Natural 4000 at work. It's really not that daunting and on sale all the time. Watch Dealnews.com.

If you want a little daunting task get the 508 keyboard I mentioned earlier. That way you can type two-handed (conventional) or one-handed (and keep the other on the mouse). Takes about up to a week of practice, but cool.

Mar 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #25 of 235
I have never really like ergonomic keyboards and didn't really spend alot money on them until I got the lycosa.

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #26 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
23-109-148-01.jpg

Microsoft Natural 4000

Another vote for Microsoft natural 4000. Best keyboard I have used so far. I'm not fond of microsoft hardware but with this keyboard, they strike gold.

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #28 of 235
Saitek Eclipse II.

I love everything about it. I don't know how to explain it, but the key press resistance on it feels absolutely perfect. I think TheMarchingMule can understand.

Mar 14, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #29 of 235
I really want to try the Cherry / Keytronic keyboards. Have heard great things about the response/feel of the keys. While I think logitech's got several nice features on their keyboards, I even use one of their cheaper ones, I don't think their key response/feel is near that of those offered by cherry and keytronic.

Mar 14, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #30 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want to try the Cherry / Keytronic keyboards. Have heard great things about the response/feel of the keys. While I think logitech's got several nice features on their keyboards, I even use one of their cheaper ones, I don't think their key response/feel is near that of those offered by cherry and keytronic.

Oh my god I love my Keytronic. That thing is invincible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back