Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 20, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #29,266 of 64,289
try using a shirt clip.

may i ask how would you compare the x5 to zs3?? currently owning the second one :)

Do u think i can buy a separated shirt clip? Can you link me one if u know ?

Anyway, zs3 and memt are similiar on how they sound.
It all comes to the shape.
Zs3 is much more similiar to an IEM due to his form factor (cable that goes around the ear) while the memt x5 is more similiar to common in-ear headphones.

They're both v-shaped
The zs3 can deliver a little bit more bass thanks to his bigger driver while the memt just drops a few less bass.
Talking about the memt :
I was surprised about the bass anyway on the memt: they're not muddy, they're fast and have a good extension and u have can feel the rumble and even much sub bass.
The mids are recessed, but they sound Ok, and the highs are detailed.
Soundstage is Ok too, instruments are not separated like other headphones i think, but soundstage is still good, stereo separation is well done too.
Imaging is not top notch but still enjoyable.
I think a good comparison could be the rock zircon while having memt x5 as a much better zircon.

The zs3 anyway had an uncomfortable shape for me, and the memory wire was so freaking annoying. The nozzle wasn't compatible with my ear, and i had much vacuum feeling due to that, but many people reported it to be very comfortable with memory foam tips, which i didn't try with the zs3 as i bought them when i received my memt for the first time.

If they weren't so much big for my ear i would have probably kept them, as they sounded really good for a basshead like me, even if i found the memt x5 to be more detailed than the zs3.
I have to say the soundstage of zs3 is not as wide as on the memt x5.
Certain thing is that we can't pretend much by these little iems as their price is so low..
The zs3 even have the advantage in being semi modular as you can change the cable if it has problem and so on.
You even have to consider the memt x5 has an annoying microphonic cable and the stock kz cable is microphonic too, but it can be changed.

If you have precise questions, i can answer to you, i really can't describe a headphone with much details while i can answer you if u have specific doubts.

Anyway, i think i'm gonna buy the zs3 again as i really wanna try them with foam tips, or i'll maybe go with the zsr.. i dunno..

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #29,267 of 64,289
You could make a chin slider from a bit of thin, flexible hook and loop cable tie. push it up the cable under your chin until the cables from your ears touch the sides of your face. Your skin will absorb some of the noise traveling up the wire before it gets to your ears. Running the cable over your ears if possible also helps in the same way.

I'm sorry to say this but.. i didn't understand :/ could you maybe explain with images or something like that ?
I tried to understand but i can't imagine what you're meaning..

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #29,268 of 64,289
here u have the link for a cheap one (2 units) link.

Personally i think im going to buy a second pair of ZS3 as a backup since it fits me so well and they price is really appealing.

or i should wait for the new kz earphones that are going to be released in a few... :thinking:

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #29,269 of 64,289
Hello guys, since when i bought my memt x5 replacing my zs3 i'm figuring out so much noise due to the microphonic cable when it touches my clothes.
Is someone of you able to help tipping me how to reduce this effect?
Thanks for the help!

Easiest way is using a shirt clip, or you can make a chin slider from a very small piece of Velcro. I can post a photo of my X5 chin slider if you want to see it.

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #29,270 of 64,289
here u have the link for a cheap one (2 units) link.

Personally i think im going to buy a second pair of ZS3 as a backup since it fits me so well and they price is really appealing.

or i should wait for the new kz earphones that are going to be released in a few... :thinking:
Yes me too, i really wanna see a good balanced iem.. i even wanna try Uisii cm5 but i don't buy it just cuz i'm afraid they're big for my ear.

Easiest way is using a shirt clip, or you can make a chin slider from a very small piece of Velcro. I can post a photo of my X5 chin slider if you want to see it.
Yea, that would be great. You're always so good with people here!

Mar 20, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #29,271 of 64,289
I'm sorry to say this but.. i didn't understand :/ could you maybe explain with images or something like that ?
I tried to understand but i can't imagine what you're meaning..
No problem. "Hook and loop" also goes by the brand name "Velcro." The same stuff you would use to organize cables:
IMG_20180320_120439.jpg
The small bit below the black cable is the amount you would need.

Wrap it tightly around the wires leading to your earphones:
IMG_20180320_115905.jpg

From a MeeAudio manual:
manual9.jpg

By the way, I modded my ZS3 by filing down the bump that faces in toward the ear a small amount. It is much better now, I can wear them for several hours before having to take them off.

Mar 20, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #29,272 of 64,289
Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #29,274 of 64,289
No problem. "Hook and loop" also goes by the brand name "Velcro." The same stuff you would use to organize cables:

The small bit below the black cable is the amount you would need.

Wrap it tightly around the wires leading to your earphones:
Here's a Gearbest link for the stuff I use. It doesn't have the loops as much as just a texture on the other side (which probably are really small loops) so is a bit neater. The rolls are about a meter long so you get plenty with 1 roll. I make my own cable ties / cord minders with the stuff. About a buck a roll from Gearbest.
https://www.gearbest.com/cables-connectors/pp_134112.html?wid=21

Amazon link for a 5 pack for $9. I color code my cable wraps.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074P15FWZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #29,275 of 64,289
Here's a Gearbest link for the stuff I use. It doesn't have the loops as much as just a texture on the other side (which probably are really small loops) so is a bit neater. The rolls are about a meter long so you get plenty with 1 roll. I make my own cable ties / cord minders with the stuff. About a buck a roll from Gearbest.
https://www.gearbest.com/cables-connectors/pp_134112.html?wid=21

Amazon link for a 5 pack for $9. I color code my cable wraps.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074P15FWZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the links. That is actually my preferred type, since it is thin and can be "trained" to wrap around very small wires. It is what is in the photo as the smaller loop of Velcro. The thicker stuff doesn't want to be wrapped so tightly and starts to let go.

I am almost out of my stash of the good stuff, so the links are very timely.

Mar 20, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #29,276 of 64,289
Mar 20, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #29,277 of 64,289
How do they sound compared to kz zs3?
How can i know which one of these is the small version?
Small version has the white back.

Have not done an A/B test yet between the two. Will post results when I do.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #29,278 of 64,289
For what it's worth, the CM5 is excellent. Back to back with the ES3 it's very difficult to say one is outright better. The UiiSii sounds more natural than the ES3 but no less detailed. The ES3 has more "air and sparkle" to the treble (characteristic of a balanced armature) while the CM5 is a tad laid back. Bass impact and tightness is very similar on both. The packaging for the CM5 is miles and miles nicer than anything I've seen from KZ and the earphones themselves feel slightly more premium due to a nicer (but non-removable) cable and a frosted inner shell. At their respective price points, it's a toss up and you could easily justify owning both.

Perhaps more pertinent to the discussion, both the ES3 and the CM5 are IMO in a class above the dark and fuzzy sounding ZS3 (which are plenty fun, but simply not competitive on detail retrieval).

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #29,279 of 64,289
Just ordered ZS6’s with upgraded cable, I’m excited to see how they compete with sennheisers momentum iem’s. Not really that high expectations but it’s always nice to try something new. I heard they may be a little too harsh in highs but let’s see. I’ll guess there is somekind of mods to be done if necessary. Damn almost 2000 pages already

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #29,280 of 64,289
Just ordered ZS6’s with upgraded cable, I’m excited to see how they compete with sennheisers momentum iem’s. Not really that high expectations but it’s always nice to try something new. I heard they may be a little too harsh in highs but let’s see. I’ll guess there is somekind of mods to be done if necessary. Damn almost 2000 pages already

Some folks find them bright or sibilant enough to need modding, but for me it was a simple matter of New Bee or Comply foam tips. They tamp down the peakiness juuust enough while improving seal (read bass) and comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back