Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 21, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #29,296 of 64,190
Some folks find them bright or sibilant enough to need modding, but for me it was a simple matter of New Bee or Comply foam tips. They tamp down the peakiness juuust enough while improving seal (read bass) and comfort.

Thanks mate. Could you give me a link to get those foam tips? Possibly from china as well? I live in EU, thank you!

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #29,297 of 64,190
Any info on latest ZS5 being revised back to v1 (1xBA in nozzle, 1xBA in shell) ? Want to have another v1... badly...

Firstly, what version ZS5 are You comparing to ZSR ? I suppose v2? Anyway, v1 mids and especially soundstage are just plain AWESOME when ran with low output impedance source and amping (I know - I`m repeating myself too much! ;P ). It has bigger, more surround and spread out imaging/soundstage and is little more neutral-sided than IT01, which, imho, speaks a lot about their SQ. On the other hand, IT01 has more dynamical, coherent and fuller sound with same (or slightly better) amount of micro-details through fr spectrum.

How do you know if it's V1 or V2 when aliexpress shop doesn't give info?
And what about the ZSR?

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #29,299 of 64,190
Y'all, we really need a sticky with some basic info in it, because A LOT of this thread is explaining the same things over and over and over again. ZS5v1 vs v2. Driver configurations. Best tip and cable recommendations.

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #29,300 of 64,190
Mar 21, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #29,305 of 64,190
Whaaaa? When did this happen?
In researching the CM5 I saw in some reviews/announcements on the net that this is the way they planned it.
The claims of ergonomic research and development by UiiSii appear to be more than just claims. It is evident they have put some serious thought into fitting a large portion of the population comfortably.

The CM5 is certainly one of the most comfortable IEMs I have ever used. It seems near-weightless, especially with the included "butterfly" large silicone eartip. A close second is a New Bee MEDIUM sized foam tip, which I have never gotten to work well for me before, I always needed to use the large size. Of course I had to turn it around backwards...

The large foam tips block out a bit more sound, but I am always aware of the pressure in my ear canal, unlike the stock large silicone or Medium New Bee foam. Those two allow the CM5 to seem to disappear, leaving just the music.

Disclaimer: I just got the CM5 and I am in full hype train mode. More sober and reasoned judgements to follow if my thoughts change over time...

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #29,306 of 64,190
You are in luck!

There are two sizes of the CM5: GearBest has both sizes

https://www.gearbest.com/CM5-_gear/

I have the large size CM5 and it fits me much better than the KZ ZS3. It is the most comfortable IEM I own.

I'm so buying a pair when the sale starts, now just have to decide if I wanna get the L or S. Probably S.

Shame that there's no detachable cable at this price. :frowning2:

Btw you can also get them on AliExpress:

UiiSii CM5 network anchor star in-ear earphone coaxial graphene design HIFI bass karaoke 3.5MM headset for iPhone Samsung Xiaomi
http://s.aliexpress.com/2EVnumUr

For now, I'm absolutely in love with the v20! These are something special for the price, I'm really struggling to find any flaws with the sound. The fit could be better but the coating on them is super comfortable, I could literally put them in and take them out all day without any discomfort. The housings are pretty huge by my standards tho, the nozzle too so tip rolling is paramount. Although the stock grey/red KZ tips aren't bad, I'm using the medium (green) Sony hybrid tips at the moment.

IMG_20180321_161010.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #29,307 of 64,190
KZ is going the Hifiman road, best bang for the buck at the beginning then slowly increasing the prices

I wouldn't say that yet. The Zs6 was pre-order at $60 and dropped the minute it was actually available and has been on sale as low as the 30s. I'd expect the same here. This is the I want it first tariff and once it comes out price will move more inline with what we have seen in times past.

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #29,308 of 64,190
I wouldn't say that yet. The Zs6 was pre-order at $60 and dropped the minute it was actually available and has been on sale as low as the 30s. I'd expect the same here. This is the I want it first tariff and once it comes out price will move more inline with what we have seen in times past.
I purchased 2 pairs for under $25 so the price dropped more than you realized.

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #29,310 of 64,190
I'm planning on getting some cheap >$10 IEMs on the upcoming aliexpress sale for on the go useage/to keep in my backpack

ATEs seem to be getting very high praise. Trying to decide whether to get them or the Rock Zircons

KZ EDR1 should be on your list for sure. It leaves the Rock Zircon in the dust.

If you want a little more neutral sound, opt for the EDR2 instead (or in addition to).

Although honestly, you don’t have to wait for the anniversary sale. You can get either of those on eBay or Gearbest pretty much anytime for ~$4.xx

I noticed that the price of both went up to over $6-$7 on Aliexpress, in preparation for the “discounted” price of $4.xx for the anniversary sale. The artificial price increases always happen right before the anniversary and 11.11 sale. So if you don’t want to play price games either go for eBay/GB or just wait for the Aliexpress anniversary sale madness to end and the price to stabilize to normal levels again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back