Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 23, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #23,943 of 64,137
thanks. tried gray (no mic) twice: v1 both. i'll aim to blue ones this time

Well, i think it's logical that the Blues are more likely to be V1 while the Grays are more likely to be V2.
The reason? the Gray version was cheaper at launch and thus sold more in it's early days.

I would just buy the ZS6 instead of trying to buy "the right" ZS5 again and again (and again :) )

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #23,944 of 64,137
Well, i think it's logical that the Blues are more likely to be V1 while the Grays are more likely to be V2.
The reason? the Gray version was cheaper at launch and thus sold more in it's early days.

I would just buy the ZS6 instead of trying to buy "the right" ZS5 again and again (and again :) )
Second this. On the other hand if you want to get a v1, there’s a higher likelihood of you go for the blue. Even higher if you opt for the mic.

I placed an order for the blue mic end of sept (29) and got a v1. :)

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #23,945 of 64,137
On the subject of KZ6, mine arrived yesterday. I've had a pair of KZ5 for about 6 weeks that I rather like. I'm using the stock KZ star silicone tips with them because I couldn't find a foamie that fit well with them. Couldn't get a decent seal so had no bass. I went through my compliment of foam tips, cee bee, noname from Gearbest (which someone linked to a few pages back), the official KZ brand and even Comply T100. Nothing gives me a decent fit and a seal that produces bass. They either seem too large so that even with pinching before insertion they just seem too large for every size other than the smallest which doesn't even seal enough to keep the IEM in my ear.

So I ended up with the provided KZ star silicone. Trouble is that if I seat them deep enough in my ear to get bass I leave the tip behind in at least one ear *every* time I wear them. I never had that issue with the KZ5. I even went so far as to try the tips from the KZ5 on the KZ6 (although I'm positive they're identical) just to make sure. Nope, left a tip behind in my left ear .

Granted that there haven't been tons of KZ6 reviews yet but I only saw one mention of the smooth nozzle and difficulty keeping tips on it. Am I just that odd?

Soundwise, they're very similar sounding to the rev 2 KZ5. Perhaps a touch more control on the bass and a bit brighter, perhaps. I really need some burn in time and more listening before I can offer a decent opinion.

A pair of ZSE (that's the odd one with 2 speakers, 1 aimed into the nozzle and the other in the elongated body?) arrived because I got them on a $5 deal at Gearbest when I was ordering the KZ6. Just listened for like 5 minutes to be sure they worked and I was excited to try the KZ6. But from the little I heard they seemed very musical, nice sounding. No way can I honestly say more about bass or treble or mids on a quick listen.
I'm using t500 Comply tips and they fit great, they stay in my ears with a good seal and stay on the tip.

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #23,946 of 64,137

i repeat: tried gray ones twice, one of them recently. both v1. i'm even doubting there is a v2, lol..
got zs6 already (btw, enjoying them with foams + a little eq). the only reason to seek for a v2 is to be able to measure them (fr, impedance..) and dissipate doubts for the team.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #23,949 of 64,137
I'm really hoping to find an LZ-A4 at a good discount on 11.11. Probably will grab a couple more Magaosi K3s for the wife and daughter if they come down at least $25 or so. Would love to see them on sale at $50 but doubt we will see a price quite that good.

Hmmm, I'd be shocked if you're going to see K3 at $50 unless they are one of the counterfeits. 1 member in the K3 thread bought some directly from the Magaosi CEO at an Asian electronics/audio show (I think it was 1clearhead but don't quote me on that) and pretty sure he paid COST (around $50 if I recall). The exact price is in the K3 thread if you want to search for it. But the bottom line is $50 is probably a pipe dream :0)

If they are selling for that, I'll pick up a spare set. Because I got bent over a barrel when I bought my original set for $130ish. So I won't feel so bad if I score a set for dirt cheap, because it will offset the 1st pair.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #23,950 of 64,137
There's no way in heck you're going to see K3 at $25 unless they are one of the counterfeits. 1 member in the K3 thread bought some directly from the Magaosi CEO at an Asian electronics/audio show (I think it was 1clearhead but don't quote me on that) and he supposedly paid COST which was around $45-$50 if I remember correctly. The exact price is in the K3 thread if you want to search for it. But the bottom line is $25 is a pipe dream :0)

He said if they come down $25 not if they come down to $25 LMAO.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #23,951 of 64,137
There are plenty greens available on Amazon.

Gearbest has plenty of greens. I just ordered a pair tonight since they are on sale again (stupid cheap ie $30).

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #23,952 of 64,137
He said if they come down $25 not if they come down to $25 LMAO.

haha, I saw that and revised my post. Still think $50 is a pipe dream (and $25 would be considered robbery LOL) ;0)

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #23,953 of 64,137
If you guys are looking forward to 11:11, then do go visit the Ali site in the 2 weeks or so run-up to the day. If its as per last year, there will be pre-sales and games and even discount coupons to be won/bought during this period. Remember last year there were some coupons for like US$50/- that could be bought for US$20 if you had played some games and accumulated some tokens. I missed those. I snagged a stackable 10% discount coupon on any single purchase / merchant purchase in the run-up though.

Worth the time if you plan on some heavy purchases.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #23,954 of 64,137
The generic KZ coupon for -16% still works "GBKZ"

But there have been some way better short-term coupons popping up for them recently over in the GB thread.

Yeah, I just ordered a pair a few days ago for $12.99

That's ridiculous.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #23,955 of 64,137
haha, I saw that and revised my post. Still think $50 is a pipe dream (and $25 would be considered robbery LOL) ;0)

My hope was to see them drop by $25 to $75 or so. I would be happy with anything below the $75 mark. I agree, below $50 and I'd start wondering if I was getting a fake. My short-list for 11.11 is the LZ-A4, the SW3, and the 1More Quad if any is available at a substantial savings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back