Listening to crap coded music, with Good headphones?!??!
Jan 6, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #17 of 41
I have the sr60 ( which cost me 60 altogether)
And i can get the ah-d2000 for 170. This is a 110 difference, and I don't plan on upgrading my music in terms of quality for my already existing collection because theres so much of it.

Plus I am considering getting either a ibasso d2 boa or total bithead

So i really do not know which to go for....

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by graj08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And, you can now upgrade your purchased 128kbps songs to 256kbps and remove the DRM for $0.30 per song.

That's total bogus s**t. Apple needs to burn.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's total bogus s**t. Apple needs to burn.

Its been like that since plus tracks were released - the only difference is now they are committed to going 256 and no drm for all tracks. If you don't like it, buy something else - like from amazon.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its been like that since plus tracks were released - the only difference is now they are committed to going 256 and no drm for all tracks. If you don't like it, buy something else - like from amazon.

Oh, I definetely agree with that.

But Apple is still full of s**t.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

But Apple is still full of s**t.

Wow. I've probably spent about $45 total dollars on itunes in my life, but I've enjoyed all of them. Already owning an ipod and being content to sync it with iTunes, I find the store to be a convenience, and a natural extension.

I'm interested to hear your view on it, though, especially since you now represent the dwindling minority (or so today's presentation would have us believe)

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #22 of 41
i rather buy CDs, then i can control how i rip the songs and in what quality.

personally there are some songs sounds really good in 128, its all about if i like the sound of the song or the song it self or not. Some rock/alternative songs sounds really crap at 128KB or 320KB depends on the actual song.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. I've probably spent about $45 total dollars on itunes in my life, but I've enjoyed all of them. Already owning an ipod and being content to sync it with iTunes, I find the store to be a convenience, and a natural extension.

I'm interested to hear your view on it, though, especially since you now represent the dwindling minority (or so today's presentation would have us believe)

Alright Sherwood... I might have been a little harsh...
tongue.gif

I give in...

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #24 of 41
More blame lies with the consumer than with Apple or whoever else. We might care about audio quality, but the vast majority of iTunes/iPod (and any other mp3 player or whatever) simply couldn't care less. Most people are content to listen to poorly produced, compressed music out of the speakers on their cell phone on the bus.

I think its great that Apple is now finally recognising that there are people out there who DO notice. Hopefully the trend is going to get bigger.

Who knows, it might be the beginning of the end of the "loudness war."(I know, probably not but don't ruin it for me.)

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Alright Sherwood... I might have been a little harsh...
tongue.gif

I give in...

No no no! Don't let me bully you! Regardless of my personal buying habits, now more than ever it is our responsibility to show apple their faults. For better or worse, apple is gaining a controlling interest in the way music is handled. Music, which we prize above all else.

Today's announcement to strip DRM and banish 128 is really a victory for us. I am willing to posit that no single force has been more responsible for that change than 13-30 males who care about portable audio, computer-based audio, and high sound quality. That is us, friends.

We musn't rest on our laurels, however. Brighten, you hold their feet to the fire. It was unending bitching about crappy sample rates and file restrictions that got us to where we are, and it is likely more bitching that will get us even further. Don't let my complacency bring down your revolution. I think this is a good step, but it needn't be the last.

So, seriously Brighten, what can Apple do better. High quality unrestricted files are on the table today -- what would you like to see on the table one year from now?

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #27 of 41
you could just rip your cds with mediamonkey i believe its called, rips to .flac, and then convert those to mp3. Or download songbird if you need a itunes alternative that plays .flac

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No no no! Don't let me bully you! Regardless of my personal buying habits, now more than ever it is our responsibility to show apple their faults. For better or worse, apple is gaining a controlling interest in the way music is handled. Music, which we prize above all else.

Today's announcement to strip DRM and banish 128 is really a victory for us. I am willing to posit that no single force has been more responsible for that change than 13-30 males who care about portable audio, computer-based audio, and high sound quality. That is us, friends.

We musn't rest on our laurels, however. Brighten, you hold their feet to the fire. It was unending bitching about crappy sample rates and file restrictions that got us to where we are, and it is likely more bitching that will get us even further. Don't let my complacency bring down your revolution. I think this is a good step, but it needn't be the last.

So, seriously Brighten, what can Apple do better. High quality unrestricted files are on the table today -- what would you like to see on the table one year from now?

Heehee... I have a Macbook and iPod touch (which I got for free when I bought the laptop in the summer
redface.gif
) so I didn't have much of a fight to put up because although their customer service and "gadget releasing practices" make me question their motives as a company, I do like their clean products and easy to use applications.

I mean, I know they aren't a charity and need to make profit, but they always release new gear with glitches that they know they will have to fix later down the road.

When you "break" their phone to use a different service you aren't allowed to update it either. This just "grinds my gears"...

But their customer service is the worst. Those geniuses (or the ones that I've encountered) are grouchy and unwilling to help with anything. I've called their number for help and never get anywhere.

But I'd have to say that this is pretty much anywhere nowadays... (except at In N Out
wink.gif
)... poor customer service and poor quality of products. It's becoming the standard for un-caring Americans nowadays...

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by vash2022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im not a big fan of Mac products or anything but what i had a out of warranty ipod they replaced it for free just because i said i like fight club...

You got lucky... I had to pay $150 and mine was only just passed the warranty expiration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back