Looking for new portable headphones for metal listening
Jun 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:
By the way I play guitar and was wondering if It would be safe to if these into my am without blowing them. I don't know very much when it comes to impedance and the effect of guitar amps on it.

Just always plug it in after the amp is turned on and the volume nob set to 0. You will be safe that way. Popping noise when the amp is turned on can damage your phones and you should always start with 0 volume with any amps. But all this does depend on your amp(some amps doesn't pop).

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #34 of 39
BTW, I forgot to mention this. Always unplug you phones before turning your amp off. It also pops when you are turning it on. However, your amp might not pop at all. It all depends on you amp and it's relay.

Yeah I have a line 6 spyder III and it does pop so this is really good information that I wouldn't have known!

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #36 of 39
Alright. If you don't like keep plugging and unplugging your phones, you can also get a volume attenuator, which reduces the loudness of the pop, making it safe.

When I'm done with my headphones on my amp ill be taking them out each time so I can then use them with my iPod so that shouldn't be a problem but ill keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back