Lotoo Paw 6000 (2019)
Apr 13, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #527 of 1,459
Had it for 3 days now, this is becoming such an amazing DAP. Honestly, where are you gonna find another DAP with such a fast OS and features? The neutral full bodied sound is really pleasing to my ears.

I can't wait until I get a 4.4 balanced cable to really get an even fuller sound out of my cans.

Apr 13, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #529 of 1,459
Thanks for the excellent and detailed review as always.
I have one question, can we enable ATE and PMEQ at the same time or only one can be used?

Only one can be used at a time it seems. Been using ATE on the "Dental" setting lately.

Apr 13, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #530 of 1,459
Thanks for the excellent and detailed review as always.
I have one question, can we enable ATE and PMEQ at the same time or only one can be used?

Yes, as it was mentioned above, only one at a time. Btw, more ATE efx presets are coming. Lotoo just introduced new ones for their S1 usb dac dongle, and they should add it in future LPGT/LP6k fw updates as well.

Apr 16, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #531 of 1,459
PAW Gold Touch Ver. 1.1.1.9
PAW 6000 Ver. 1.2.0.6

1. UI optimization&new features
New feature:"UI Theme Color".
New feature:"Screen Flipping".
Solve the bug that DAP will power off when using Bluetooth/USB DAC without storage card installed.
2. System optimization
Database stability optimized.
Solve the bug that when "Seamless playback" and "Shuffle" are chosen at the same time, DAP will play one song repeatedly sometimes.

http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #532 of 1,459
Has anyone tried a different usb-c cable other than the one supplied?I needed one longer so had a couple to try but both did not work seems DAP only compatible with supplied cable?

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #533 of 1,459
Has anyone tried a different usb-c cable other than the one supplied?I needed one longer so had a couple to try but both did not work seems DAP only compatible with supplied cable?
Works with my anker type c cable for charging, file transfer and USB dac from my computer. Needed an OTG adapter to use it as a DAC with my phone though

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #534 of 1,459
Works with my anker type c cable for charging, file transfer and USB dac from my computer. Needed an OTG adapter to use it as a DAC with my phone though
It has now started working with the other cable which is like yours ANKER but the other cable i had spare does not which is a USB-C cable that was supplied with my Shanling DAP.

Kenneth Galang can i ask if your ANKER cable is USB 2 or USB 3 as would like to know if the USB 3 ANKER cable works at full speed mine is only USB 2?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #535 of 1,459
It has now started working with the other cable which is like yours ANKER but the other cable i had spare does not which is a USB-C cable that was supplied with my Shanling DAP.

Kenneth Galang can i ask if your ANKER cable is USB 2 or USB 3 as would like to know if the USB 3 ANKER cable works at full speed mine is only USB 2?

Pretty sure it's full speed, file transfer is about the same when I use that cable for my phone

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #536 of 1,459
Has anyone used the balanced line out of this DAP in variable mode; meaning controlling the output with the volume knob? One review seems to note this feature exists although I cannot find a manual anywhere to confirm. I ask because one of my uses for a DAP is to drive powered monitors in balanced mode that do not have volume control.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #537 of 1,459
Has anyone used the balanced line out of this DAP in variable mode; meaning controlling the output with the volume knob? One review seems to note this feature exists although I cannot find a manual anywhere to confirm. I ask because one of the uses for a DAP is to drive powered monitors in balanced mode that do not have volume control.
If you go to settings and output option, select 4.4mm to become Line Out, below there is an option to set it at a certain voltage (any of these options will keep it at a fixed volume) or at the very bottom, there is the option "Unfixed". Then you can use the volume as you would usually, however in Line Out

Apr 19, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #538 of 1,459
Has anyone used the balanced line out of this DAP in variable mode; meaning controlling the output with the volume knob? One review seems to note this feature exists although I cannot find a manual anywhere to confirm. I ask because one of my uses for a DAP is to drive powered monitors in balanced mode that do not have volume control.

I didn't just mention it, I actually included a Settings screenshot in my review :wink:

lotoo_paw6k-11.jpg

Apr 19, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #540 of 1,459
Ha thanks @twister6 I missed that pic as yes it was your review. Thanks also @Kenneth Galang this is helpful.

A variable adjustable Line Out is also a useful feature for those with portable external amp modules without volume control, like balanced Oriolus BA300. In that case you can go straight from 4.4mm LO and use volume wheel of PAW6k to adjust the actual volume by controlling the input to the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back