Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Oct 26, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #20 of 9,223
I agree but sadly they are a banned name here
I had no idea that was the case, and removed the content accordingly. Any idea why we aren't allowed to discuss that particular brand?

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #21 of 9,223
This is a great thread! I've always been wary of the many many budget brand cables. There are so many, it's hard to know who is legit, and who's not.

Funny, but I'm now waiting for someone to come along and say "$9 for a cable?? If you didn't make your cables out of leftover wire you pulled out the wall of an abandoned warehouse covered in dried blood and rat feces, you're a fool!"

Oct 26, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #23 of 9,223
Great idea for a thread @Dsnuts ! I'm a cable nut and have over 20 of them, all from Chinese vendors. I'll post several pictures and links here at some point. I think my favorite one is the pure silver one that can be found at various stores on Ali, like the banned stores, nicehck and hotfi. I now have 3 of them and absolutely love them!

Oct 26, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #24 of 9,223
I think the hotfi guy likes you. He has been giving sleepless nights to others :D @thejoker13

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #25 of 9,223
I think the hotfi guy likes you. He has been giving sleepless nights to others :D @thejoker13
It hasn't all been peanut butter and jelly though, lol. I had to WORK my tail off to finally get the T88k from them, but they finally came through. They did throw in the cable though as a thank you for my patience. I have read alot of stuff about other people having a ton of issues with them, but so far so good with me. I've just had to message them repeatedly, and extend my orders multiple times, but I've always received what I ordered in the end.

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #26 of 9,223
It hasn't all been peanut butter and jelly though, lol. I had to WORK my tail off to finally get the T88k from them, but they finally came through. They did throw in the cable though as a thank you for my patience. I have read alot of stuff about other people having a ton of issues with them, but so far so good with me. I've just had to message them repeatedly, and extend my orders multiple times, but I've always received what I ordered in the end.
Incidentally i ordered the T4s from them and it went smooth as butter. I didnt see any jelly though. That guy needs a lot of pursuing :D

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #28 of 9,223
They did some fishy things here at headfi about 4 years ago and it was very fishy. They have had a perma ban ever since.
I see. Fair enough then and thanks for answering my question Dsnuts.

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #29 of 9,223
Great idea for a thread @Dsnuts ! I'm a cable nut and have over 20 of them, all from Chinese vendors. I'll post several pictures and links here at some point. I think my favorite one is the pure silver one that can be found at various stores on Ali, like the banned stores, nicehck and hotfi. I now have 3 of them and absolutely love them!

I agree on the pure silver variety though something a bit fishy on the recent 2 pin silver cable I bought from banned site. I bought 2 silver cables from them. The first one it is most definitely all silver. Getting oxidation n all. The new one I got from them looks similar but material is definitely different. There was a few guys that posted on their site about that silver cable I thought was kinda weird. One guy mentions he did not get a pure silver cable. Another was saying the same. I am suspicious of the newer one. It is too silvery looking. My first one being more dull looking. Not as shiny but oxidation proves it has some silver on it.

The new one looks more like a SPC cable to me vs the real pure silver mmcx I got a while ago. In any case. I want to believe when we get these cables they are the real deal but this most recent purchase I am not so sure.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #30 of 9,223
I see. Fair enough then and thanks for answering my question Dsnuts.

They happen to be the premier cable vendor on aliexpress too. Which kinda sucks but what can we do. If you go into the chifi iem thread. You can look up a guy named slater he has a link on his avatar that shows why they were banned if your curious about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back