Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Oct 27, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #31 of 9,223
They happen to be the premier cable vendor on aliexpress too. Which kinda sucks but what can we do. If you go into the chifi iem thread. You can look up a guy named slater he has a link on his avatar that shows why they were banned if your curious about it.
That does suck, but they really are about the best cable shop on Ali. A bunch of mine are from there. Oh well, what can you do.

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #32 of 9,223
I noticed NiceHCK has the same cables but under the NiceHCK banner. Again another reason to think these guys use the same OEM for their goods. The new boutique cables on their site looks sweet. A bit spendy but sweet looking.

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #33 of 9,223
I noticed NiceHCK has the same cables but under the NiceHCK banner. Again another reason to think these guys use the same OEM for their goods. The new boutique cables on their site looks sweet. A bit spendy but sweet looking.
You're probably right. I've seen a lot of similarities with their cables and have thought the same thing as you. I ordered the new pure silver cable, with the black carbon fiber pieces on it. It's by far the most expensive cable I've ever bought, but it's also the highest quality looking and blingiest thing I've ever seen. I hope a similar cable comes out from Nickhck, so I could get them and actually rep them around these parts. Maybe they already have the same oem ones as the ones from the banned store and I've just missed them.

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #34 of 9,223
I figured since there is a forum for boutique higher end cable thread I would start this thread to have a forum for cheaper, affordable, great functioning, sounding cables that don't cost a kidney.

Please post about your cable finds that people can actually afford.

All areas of the webz is fine except for
Banned seller.. (Woo, ****, Kinboofi) Please refrain from providing links of these related cables. What is banned is banned.

How did those sellers get banned and is there a banned seller list somewhere? I've bought from **** and Kinboofi and haven't had any trouble.

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #35 of 9,223
i own a lot of chi-fi cables. as manufacturer/seller info can't be trust in most cases, i use to measure their dc resistance. it's a symptom of build quality (wire material, plugs, solders).
made a post with measurements of the cheapest (<$35) 2-pin ones (most are available in mmcx as well).
i'll update the list with the cables i've last received, mmcx, and with more expensive cables.
This is my list

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #36 of 9,223
Very interesting thread, i am looking for a good cable with mic and remote, but saddly it look's like no audiophile cable have a remote or if it has one, the remote seems crapy like this one
OURART Ti7 Upgrade Cable

upload_2018-10-27_12-36-41.png

https://penonaudio.com/ourart-ti7-upgrade-cable.html

This fiio cable seems interesting but saddly there's no remote.

https://www.fiio.com/productinfo/58098.html

upload_2018-10-27_12-39-53.png

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #38 of 9,223
So these usually go for $89. I was told by Jim that these are very nice cables and even better on Aliexpress sales day 11/11 Will be $50. OCC cable high purity imported from Taiwan. This cable looks very similar to the LZ brown cables but I was told these are some of their nicest cables and for sales price one to look out for.

HTB1ApFtXzzuK1RjSsppq6xz0XXaQ.jpg

99.99 pure copper OCC process. In all terminations. I was told these are one of the nicest sounding cables they have.https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-20181111.promoteRecommendProducts_6145744.29

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #43 of 9,223
Really cool thread. Not sure it's possible and this thread will probably grow too big anyway, but would be nice to open up a few post on the first page to link all the copper, SPC, OCC cables and so forth as people reference them. Personally, I'm looking for balanced XLR to 2.5mm cables for an HEX V2.

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #44 of 9,223
Really cool thread. Not sure it's possible and this thread will probably grow too big anyway, but would be nice to open up a few post on the first page to link all the copper, SPC, OCC cables and so forth as people reference them. Personally, I'm looking for balanced XLR to 2.5mm cables for an HEX V2.

You mean male 4-pin XLR mail to female 2.5mm TRRS adaptor if your headphones are terminated in 2.5mm TRRS I suppose ?

I use these from Taobao for my desktop headphone amp. Very cheap and very good quality. ( Note that different lengths can be specified, so in effect allows for use as a cable extender for short cables used in many headphones and earphones. )

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.20ff2e8dbxJuLX&id=565956003094&_u=t1u1q9km7eaa

But if Aliexpress is easier to deal with for you, they can be bought for quite a bit more :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pur...lgo_pvid=13555361-09db-4d8d-9b32-da227a5283bd

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #45 of 9,223
How did those sellers get banned and is there a banned seller list somewhere? I've bought from **** and Kinboofi and haven't had any trouble.
I’ve bought two of the Kinboofi ones (I chose these over the **** because the name was just one click more ridiculous) in 2.5 termination for .78 two pin and MMXC. They are nice, soft, no memory wire, and the terminations fit nice and snugly. I hate buying cables that end up having a loose fit. Luckily these are nice and firm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back