Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Jan 4, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #8,881 of 9,223
Have ordered myself the ARTTI NOVA cable 7N copper and modular for AU$44 (US$30) inc tax. Seems a bit of a bargain, will report back when arrives.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mt4AGhW
Btw - listed price is higher, but coupon brings price down.

Look what arrived today.
Looks stunning in person and very well behaved for photos (sorry about my poor skills!)
1000002836.jpg

1000002837.jpg

1000002838.jpg

1000002839.jpg

1000002840.jpg

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #8,885 of 9,223
Looks like lots of cable deals starting tomorrow (Jan 8th) for Nicehck, XINHS and others. Trying to work out what would be good upgrade cables for my Zero Red and Simgot EW200s - any suggestions appreciated. Thanks
What do you want from the cables? Being as uncoloured as possible, boosting mids, warmth, boosted details, etc.

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #8,886 of 9,223
What do you want from the cables? Being as uncoloured as possible, boosting mids, warmth, boosted details, etc.
For my Zero Reds I'd like a bit more life - probably especially in the mids and treble. For my EW200, I'd quite like to take the edge of the treble without reducing the fun factor. Have already ordered a Nicehck PurpleSE and Blackcat (not ultra) but they haven't arrived yet. With more deals was wondering about trying a few others too - just to see how they sound. Thanks!

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #8,887 of 9,223
For my Zero Reds I'd like a bit more life - probably especially in the mids and treble. For my EW200, I'd quite like to take the edge of the treble without reducing the fun factor. Have already ordered a Nicehck PurpleSE and Blackcat (not ultra) but they haven't arrived yet. With more deals was wondering about trying a few others too - just to see how they sound. Thanks!
I bet you'll really like those Blackcats on the EW200s. Out of all the cables I've bought so far, the Blackcat was the biggest surprise sound-wise. Very resolving in the midrange and smooth overall. I'm going to have to give the Ultras a shot next.

Jan 6, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #8,888 of 9,223
As Jerwardemy says, the BlackCat is a great choice for your EW200, and should do exactly what you want. The PurpleSE may be what you need for the Reds, though the colour combination is less ideal. Those 2 cables (when on a good sale) are fantastic value, and proof you can get great sounding cables without spending a lot.

If you wanted a step up from the PurpleSE, you would probably have to spend ~$30+ for a decent silver plated copper cable from Xinhs or ivipQ. Or possibly a ~$45 Penon OS133. Even then the improvement over the PurpleSE is small.

Honestly, if you were previously using stock cables then the 2 you chose were possibly the best budget choices you could have made. If you are keen to spend more, maybe look at tips or a DAC next.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #8,890 of 9,223
Thanks @Echalon, much appreciated. Glad I've made solid choices so far. Finding myself tempted by the winter sale as I like cables and have been just using the stock ones so far. Will also take a look at some alternative tips too.
Usually stock cables are the minimum quality a maker can provide without losing sales, so aftermarket cables can give an improvement. Feel free to ask about other cables, and I or others here will advise as best we can.

For tips, maybe try some of the cheap and popular models. The KBear 07 is a favourite for many for a good reason. Some cheap foam tips - personally I like TinHifi’s, but KZ and TRN make nice ones too. Whizzer’s SS20 tips give a nice sense of space, and are very different to the 07s. All that should be under $10 in the sale. I’m sure others can also give ideas for cheap but great eartips. Until you try some, it’s hard to know what will fit you best.

Jan 8, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #8,892 of 9,223
PSA: that XINHS silver palladium cable is going for $46.30 at AE’s winter sale after coupons and coins, and before tax (or at least that’s what I see, yours may differ depending on country etc). It may be one of the lowest prices I’ve seen for it yet.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005357155557.html

I don’t benefit from this btw - I bought it ages ago (and paid way more)

Many others have posted their impressions of this cable in various threads, but here are mine fwiw:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-penon-official-thread.934523/post-17638287

Jan 8, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #8,895 of 9,223

Users who are viewing this thread

Back