Loxjie P20 Discussion- Starved for information on this thing!
Feb 25, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #528 of 803
Does it get loud enough? I'm thinking to get a LCD 2(Bamboo) soon and will try it with p20 but I heard planners needs more power , do you think P20 can power LCD 2?
As I said more than once, the P2 can power the AKG K340 in full balanced mode. In the face of that, the list of headphones the P20 cannot power should be minimal.

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #529 of 803
Does it get loud enough? I'm thinking to get a LCD 2(Bamboo) soon and will try it with p20 but I heard planners needs more power , do you think P20 can power LCD 2?
Oh yes, that's -33 on a scale of -60 to 0. I'm feeding it from a RME ADI-2 DAC using XLR cables. Output of the RME is even set a bit lower then reference to -18 at 1dBu.
Not using stock tubes though, but I don't remember them having an influence on the amplification of the P20.

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #530 of 803
Wanted to chime in on this thread.
I bought one of these last summer on here for $80 used. At the time I also has a MCTH, Gilmore lite mk2 and a Liquid Platinum.
I was really surprised how good the Loxjie was. I thought it was better than the MCTH for sure.
So after having my GLMK2 and LP cap modded. I thought what the hell I'll send the Loxjie off and get some better caps in it. I know.... I only paid $80 for the amp lol.

So off went the Loxjie and the MCTH for caps.

Got them both back and just like the other amps, they both benefited from the upgrade. Still I preferred the Loxjie. The cap mod brought better clarity, resolution, imaging and transparency. Bass sounded tighter and more accurate.

So then I decided to invest more in the Loxjie lol. I bought some adapters to run my favorite family of tubes. 12au7/12at7.

I really can't believe how insane this amp is. My Clear pro sound fantastic with it.
I'm currently using it while my Mjolnir 2 is being modded.

This amp really changes the game in price to performance ratio. Even in stock form it's really good. With the mods it's ridiculous lol.

$250 total investment in the Loxjie with mods, adapters and tubes and it really punches above the $250 mark. The biggest surprise is how much impact and slam in bass it provides for such a small amp.

Hopefully they'll come out with a bigger and more powerful version in the future. I'll definitely be buying one lol.

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #531 of 803
I bought one of these last summer on here for $80 used. At the time I also has a MCTH, Gilmore lite mk2 and a Liquid Platinum.
I was really surprised how good the Loxjie was. I thought it was better than the MCTH for sure.
So after having my GLMK2 and LP cap modded. I thought what the hell I'll send the Loxjie off and get some better caps in it. I know.... I only paid $80 for the amp lol.

Got them both back and just like the other amps, they both benefited from the upgrade. Still I preferred the Loxjie. The cap mod brought better clarity, resolution, imaging and transparency. Bass sounded tighter and more accurate.

So then I decided to invest more in the Loxjie lol. I bought some adapters to run my favorite family of tubes. 12au7/12at7.

I really can't believe how insane this amp is. My Clear pro sound fantastic with it.

This amp really changes the game in price to performance ratio. Even in stock form it's really good. With the mods it's ridiculous lol.

$250 total investment in the Loxjie with mods, adapters and tubes and it really punches above the $250 mark. The biggest surprise is how much impact and slam in bass it provides for such a small amp.

Hopefully they'll come out with a bigger and more powerful version in the future. I'll definitely be buying one lol.

Who did you send it off to to upgrade the caps?

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #533 of 803

What were the replacement caps that were used?

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #536 of 803
Hello guys, any suggestion for the external power supply, I m thinking to buy a new one.
I m thinking the ifi x power, it s compatible or I spend money for nothing.

I don't know which may choose...

Some help please

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #537 of 803
I'm waiting for delivery of my P20 so not speaking from experience in that regard but I've had an ifi x Power supply and can testify it can make a tangible difference with noise sensitive equipment (I tried this on an iFi signature DAC comparing it with a standard wall wart). However most members are concerned with the current rating of the included Loxjie supply and seem to report benefits in using any suitable 12v supply with a better current rating. If you have anything lying about that's about 3A or more - or could borrow one to try - give that a go and see what you think?

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #538 of 803

Got a link for those adapters? I have some 12au7's laying around and had no clue they might be useable with this amp ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back