Loxjie P20 Discussion- Starved for information on this thing!
Feb 26, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #541 of 803
Feb 26, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #543 of 803
Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #546 of 803
@ksorota is the mod God 😂. I'm having my 5th amp modded by him right now. Lol.
I'm sending mine off to him tomorrow for the upgraded caps :)

One is 6n3p, the other is 6n3p-dr. Search this thread, I'm sure I saw reviews on both tubes. I think there is also the 6n3p-ev version. I have no idea what the difference is between the 3 but I have my first set (6n3p) coming in soon.

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #547 of 803
Seems like alot of people in countries with 240v are having issues with the power supply.

I'm in the US, I haven't had any issues with mine, is that something to keep an eye out for?

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #548 of 803
I'm sending mine off to him tomorrow for the upgraded caps :)

One is 6n3p, the other is 6n3p-dr. Search this thread, I'm sure I saw reviews on both tubes. I think there is also the 6n3p-ev version. I have no idea what the difference is between the 3 but I have my first set (6n3p) coming in soon.
I ordered the 6N3P-DR's, seems like there was a general consensus on them

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #549 of 803
I ordered the 6N3P-DR's, seems like there was a general consensus on them
I'll probably end up buying it too, I'm impatient and chose the tubes that had the fastest delivery time.

Mar 1, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #552 of 803
I see no reason to upgrade the caps for p20, if you wanna play with the sound then you need to roll some op amps,I'm upgrading to Burson v5i soon once I'm done soldering few zener diodes to drop the op amps Psu Voltage.
Given that its a budget amp, I'm sure they cut alot of corners to be able to offer it at such a low price. If it yields any kind of improvement, its worth it imho.

I'm not the type of person to say I hear a difference to satify my ego or justify money spent. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong or have made a mistake. Sometimes I make purchases to prove myself wrong. I think the having the knowledge is much more valueable, I like to consider it as paying for the knowledge if I'm wrong :)
I almost exclusively used the P20 as my main amp for the past 2 months, once I receive it back from Keith, I'll post my thoughts. I will give my honest opinion.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #555 of 803
I see no reason to upgrade the caps for p20, if you wanna play with the sound then you need to roll some op amps,I'm upgrading to Burson v5i soon once I'm done soldering few zener diodes to drop the op amps Psu Voltage.

Are you isolating the (V+) & (V-) power supply pins for each of the four op-amp sockets?
If not, where are you breaking the +18V and -18V supply rails, and installing the Zener Diodes, to lower the op-amp supply voltages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back