Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jan 14, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #62 of 5,299
What's the ETA in China? I'm guessing it'd be after Chinese New Year holidays?
Around Chinese New Year. I think LP is working to get it released before the holiday.

Jan 14, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #65 of 5,299
Jan 14, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #66 of 5,299
Around Chinese New Year. I think LP is working to get it released before the holiday.
Well they have less than a month left to make it, good luck. Wonder if any of online resellers will be stocking them (not US based ones) before the cutoff date where everything just shut down there.
:shrug: I mean, it's Luxury & Precision...I was actually expecting an even higher price.
They have more DAPs at normal market prices than the crazier 1K ones. In fact they offer a whole DAP for W2's price, it's really on the pricier side. Not sure if people will be receptive. Those looking for measurements can even get a dongle that's only 4dB worse for $50s.

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #67 of 5,299
I like all of these 4.4mm portable USB DACs!

I think Sony should make small 4.4 DACs like this one... I like PHA series but they're kinda big and they have lithium batteries inside.
When you use DACs with laptops, you don't need lithium batteries at all.

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #69 of 5,299
@AlexCBSN How would you rate the battery consumption of smartphones with the W1? And how would it compare to the other dongles with regard to battery consumption? If possible, I would really appreciate a ranking of all the dongles you've had from highest to worst in terms of smartphone battery consumption.

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #70 of 5,299
Following, so far more than happy with Dense Reference, but a 4.4 should come handy to me (and did not like that much the S1...).

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #71 of 5,299
Some quick update on the release time. L&P told me that the launch will happen after the Chinese New Year, which brings it to sometime in February.

From a separate info source, I was told that they received some useful feedback from the customers of W1 and have been working on incorporating them to W2, which leads to the delay in launch. Nothing fundamental. I think it is a couple of new EQ and filters, and they want to have it ready at the launch. I think these new features should be added to W1 in future FW update as well.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #73 of 5,299
So we will see many selling the S1 to buy the W2 :wink: ?
Also will it work with Windows 7, MQA decoding? No offense, but it looks like a pencil sharpener, still cool design.
It does look like a pencil sharpener to me as well. :smiley:

I think it does not work with MQA at the launch. I am less sure about its compatibility with Windows 7.

Jan 16, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #74 of 5,299
@AlexCBSN How would you rate the battery consumption of smartphones with the W1? And how would it compare to the other dongles with regard to battery consumption? If possible, I would really appreciate a ranking of all the dongles you've had from highest to worst in terms of smartphone battery consumption.
Brother, sorry for the long delay, last night was date night, no headphone forums before sleeping.

battery life of my iPhone X seems the same as when I plug ltp s1 or earmen sparrow, I think the power consumption for this dongles is around the same since iOS can only supply with so much voltage through the lightning port, either way my iPhone battery is quite exhausted and I’m looking to either change the battery or get a new phone, though I need an iOS device since I use the apple
Ecosystem (sharing files mainly on iCloud)

my 2 cents

Jan 16, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #75 of 5,299
Brother, sorry for the long delay, last night was date night, no headphone forums before sleeping.

battery life of my iPhone X seems the same as when I plug ltp s1 or earmen sparrow, I think the power consumption for this dongles is around the same since iOS can only supply with so much voltage through the lightning port, either way my iPhone battery is quite exhausted and I’m looking to either change the battery or get a new phone, though I need an iOS device since I use the apple
Ecosystem (sharing files mainly on iCloud)

my 2 cents
And the W1 consumes a lot of the battery of your iPhone? If so, do you think the consumption of the W1 is higher than the S1 or Sparrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back