Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Apr 19, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #1,366 of 1,423
I've sold off mojo2, gryphon and ru7. W4 does sound most delicate and natural among them four.
That's amazing. I haven't tried the Mojo2 but I had the original and the Lotoo S1 dongle. The W4 has a very hifi sound and natural tone that I am happy with. Really happy with my purchase. Hopefully they will not abandon it and bring other features to it this year.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #1,367 of 1,423
Thanks, then :)
I ended up getting an Aceele hub, on the basis of it being available immediately. I think most powered hubs do the trick. Anyway, from my experience, dongles are very likely to benefit from this hack, whereas self powered devices are mostly immune. The RU7 also shines when connected via Brise, the RME desktop DAC sounds the same with the stock cheap looking cable or a more advanced one.
I think I'l start designing a box to hold the hub and the battery in place, just to improve the ergonomics. Do you reckon a battery of 2600 mAh would be enough, or rather aim for a 10000mAh one?
10,000mAh will be overkill I reckon. I use a 3.350mah battery and it lasts at least 10 hours.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #1,368 of 1,423
Apr 20, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #1,369 of 1,423
but I think that in a while, when the FiiO Q15 arrives it will last a lot less... lol
You'll need this beast for that Q15 :))
20240420_182034.jpg

After much experimentation, with all my DACs, there is clear trend, those with a power supply within are fairly independent from the quality of the USB cable. The dongles benefit greatly from a cable with good separation between power and signal.
I've already tested this Brise Accurate USB and it's brilliant, both with W4 and RU7. As you can imagine, it loses on portability :)
20240420_183449.jpg

I think, but I haven't tested it, that this DDHiFi cable could be a viable solution, since the signal and power are separated. It looks like a flexible alternative to the Accurate USB.
1701224944-TC09S-EN01.jpg

While it was fun to try various hacks to enhance the sound of the W4, what matters most to me is to have a highly portable system. The W4 with the simple TC07S cable from DDhifi sounds great on the go. I can take it anywhere without a worry and the fun is guaranteed. And the design is great, there's no denying.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Q15. I'm eyeing the QUESTYLE CMA 18 PORTABLE, another great product, even though, for the sake of consistency, I should probably try to get a DC Elite (I'm hoping to see one in classifieds soon).

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #1,379 of 1,423
Where did you get the firmware? I have 1.0.1.6
I am glad they they released a new one. Do you know what are the changes, features?
I guess it's because I bought it recently. I haven't updated the firmware myself, so no idea what the changes are. I noticed the 1.0.1.6 was the most recent on the first page of this thread, but I haven't investigated further. Just thought the info there was no longer up to date. I was happy to have the tuning for senny IE900, so left it that. Tbh, I'm not even using that tuning, as it sounds so great in normal.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #1,380 of 1,423
Hopefully they will add it on their website soon and we can see the changes they've done. I thought they have stopped the support for it but I am glad they haven't. I got it as it as it came out and before that I had the W2. Really happy with it and has a great synergy with AA the Composer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back