Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #2,911 of 7,704
I would love to test out the balanced cables.

Aug 18, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,912 of 7,704
I also would be very interested in the balanced cable

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #2,916 of 7,704
Well I received by 99 Classics today (walnut/gold) via trade from another Head-fier. Wow, what a nice surprise. These cans sounded much better then I anticipated. I love the bass extension that doesn't bleed into the mids and/or treble. These are so very neutral other then the enhanced bass which sounds very good. Kind of an oxi-moron saying they're neutral with enhanced bass. If you own them like most do in this thread, you know what I'm talking about. The bass is so nice and tight, fast, punchy and surprisingly deep when called for. The mids are liquid sweet with just the right amount of highs that aren't sibilant. I've read where some have called these dark. I don't hear it. They're not bright for sure, but they're also not dark. These are very sweet, smooth sounding Headphones.
These are definitely a keeper.

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #2,917 of 7,704
just ordered the Hybrid Brainwavz angled pads for my 99Cs..

Should be here Monday! I've gone for the leather/velour combo - I prefer the feel of velour & I'm hoping to find a comfort improvement, my ears get v hot over extended periods with the current pads. Didn't go full velour because of people saying it affected the sound.

Aug 19, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #2,918 of 7,704
I really want to pull the trigger on these but I'm a bit concerned about the pad depth. My current closed cans are the Beyer Custom One Pros, and with the stock pads I had issues with my ears touching the driver, had to replace them asap with HM5 pads because it was very painful. Ever since then, I'm wary of headphones with reports of shallow pads. Can anyone ease my concern or if there's anyone that has owned both, possibly give me a comparison of the pads? I think my ears are just a bit on the large side, where close to the top part of my ear would be touching the Custom One Pro driver.

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #2,919 of 7,704
Coming back with the second set of news, this time for a new product, something that we've been asked if we could do and we took up the challenge.

So, without further ado, here you have them, an upcoming line of Meze Audio IEMs. Official name, specs, and price point will be released in due time. Which is your favorite?

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Aug 21, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #2,920 of 7,704
Coming back with the second set of news, this time for a new product, something that we've been asked if we could do and we took up the challenge.

So, without further ado, here you have them, an upcoming line of Meze Audio IEMs. Official name, specs, and price point will be released in due time. Which is your favorite?

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D
Cant wait for the details! Looks awesome. The red and blue one looks interesting to me.

Aug 21, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #2,921 of 7,704
Oh those are lovely! I'm excited to try them. You have my email, when the time comes. :wink:

I can't decide which I like more between the last two photos. They are just so elegant! Well done!

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #2,922 of 7,704

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D
Wow. Those look fantastic. I really like the gunmetal and blue and red. If there is a tour, count me in, please.
That blue is just so deep. Well done Meze team.

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #2,925 of 7,704
Nice! Red ones for me please! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back