Meze Audio 109 Pro
May 24, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #31 of 3,477
meze.jpg

May 25, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #32 of 3,477
I've been waiting what feels like a very long time for these to come to fruition. My serotonin levels definitely spiked when I just saw this thread. Count me in for sure!
From what limited sound impression information available, it lines up with what has been described here. Compared to the 99s - Clearer and more towards neutral. More revealing and transparent than the 99s (I should hope so), a little less warm, but still retains some. Looking at the pictures, they look very open. An additional 10mm on the pads should be about perfect for my ears. Four months is doable, plus it gives me time to save up. This will be the 1st headphone I straight take a gamble on, without conducting extensive research. I'm pumped 💪

May 25, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #33 of 3,477
I've been waiting what feels like a very long time for these to come to fruition. My serotonin levels definitely spiked when I just saw this thread. Count me in for sure!
From what limited sound impression information available, it lines up with what has been described here. Compared to the 99s - Clearer and more towards neutral. More revealing and transparent than the 99s (I should hope so), a little less warm, but still retains some. Looking at the pictures, they look very open. An additional 10mm on the pads should be about perfect for my ears. Four months is doable, plus it gives me time to save up. This will be the 1st headphone I straight take a gamble on, without conducting extensive research. I'm pumped 💪
This beauty will be added to my collection of the most prettiest, unique and elegant looking headphone! It's been a while since my serotonin levels spiked, there have been other headphones that I like to get but not really excited untill for the Meze 109 Pro.
I'm also very curious on how the earpads will feel. From what we can see so far, they look damn comfy for sure.

And more pictures have surfaced!

mpuRlcM.jpg

jSwQqAE.jpg

RbTCKgp.jpg

A4fYWST.jpg

XHuCahY.jpg

1rLUV3V.jpg

0o63ahP.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #34 of 3,477
This beauty will be added to my collection of the most prettiest, unique and elegant looking headphone!
I'm also very curious on how the earpads will feel. From what we can see so far, they look damn comfy for sure.

And more pictures have surfaced!

mpuRlcM.jpg

jSwQqAE.jpg

RbTCKgp.jpg

A4fYWST.jpg

XHuCahY.jpg

1rLUV3V.jpg

0o63ahP.jpg
I'm not too keen on the pad material, but hopefully they feel really nice. Could turn into a pad rolling journey, which I'm perfectly fine with. I haven't seen some of those pictures. Thanks for posting 🤘

May 25, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #35 of 3,477
I'm not too keen on the pad material, but hopefully they feel really nice. Could turn into a pad rolling journey, which I'm perfectly fine with. I haven't seen some of those pictures. Thanks for posting 🤘
Regarding the pad material, I'm a sucker when it comes to keeping any precious in pristine state... I use Geekria earpad covers to protect them again hair, dust and sweat. Not only it does protects them, it also covers the uncomfortable earpads like p-leathers on my T5p.2.

I'm motivated to keep finding new pictures :p

May 26, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #39 of 3,477
Nobody minds the gold or rose gold metal parts? I find that color coupled with the dark brown wood cups really off putting. I hope there will be other options.

Having said that about aesthetics and understanding that it might be just me, do we have details on what kind of driver is used?

May 27, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #40 of 3,477
Nobody minds the gold or rose gold metal parts? I find that color coupled with the dark brown wood cups really off putting. I hope there will be other options.

Having said that about aesthetics and understanding that it might be just me, do we have details on what kind of driver is used?
Beryllium and some type of carbon paper is what I read, but not positive this is completely accurate.

May 27, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #41 of 3,477
I'm ridiculously hyped for these. It sounds like they're revealing to source, but I wonder what the power needs are. The 99 are comically easy to drive. Empyreans are pretty easy to drive as far as big planars go, but honestly sound their best with class-A or A/B amplification, which is less common in portables. If these lean closer to the 99 Classic in terms of power requirements, these could be a daily driver for me.

May 27, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #42 of 3,477
I'm ridiculously hyped for these. It sounds like they're revealing to source, but I wonder what the power needs are. The 99 are comically easy to drive. Empyreans are pretty easy to drive as far as big planars go, but honestly sound their best with class-A or A/B amplification, which is less common in portables. If these lean closer to the 99 Classic in terms of power requirements, these could be a daily driver for me.
I don't think they'll be far off. Just a guess.

May 27, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #45 of 3,477
Are the accents copper or gold? Hard to tell with all the different lighting.
Yeah, some photos have bad quality so the only way to be sure is when Meze actually makes the photos.

Copper or gold, both are nice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back