Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions
Jan 12, 2018 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,409

FastAndClean

Previously known as presata
New offerings from Monoprice, i hope they removed the ringing problems with the open back version, post your impressions here.

Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones

29513_01.jpg

The Monolith M1060C planar headphones are the perfect way to experience your music collection. The M1060C features a completely redesigned and engineered planar driver, producing a detailed aural landscape in a closed back enclosure. Spectacular imaging, low distortion, and perfectly balanced sound make the Monolith M1060C a true audiophile listening experience.

Planar Driver and Functions

29513_02.jpg

29513_03.jpg

29513_04.jpg

Planar Drivers
Closed Back Design
Comfort

Planar Drivers: Not your typical headphone driver! The planar driver in the M1060C has been completely redesigned and engineered versus the driver found in the M1060. Several enhancements have been made, including a new symmetrical magnet structure that allows the planar driver to be much more efficient in a closed back enclosure. The result is low distortion, improved linearity, and spectacular imaging in a closed back design.

Closed Back Design: Outside noise stays out and only the music stays in! The 1060C delivers excellent audio isolation, allowing the sonic landscape to not be disturbed by the outside world, and the outside to not be disturbed by your music. This makes the M1060C the perfect audiophile choice for those that may need to listen in less than silent environments.

Comfort: The Monolith M1060C has been engineered to be comfortable for extended listening sessions. Large, comfy earpads made of faux leather and a padded headband are designed to keep you comfortable as you listen.
Link to the official website - https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=29513

29513_05.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #3 of 1,409
The website has been updated for some time now and states:
"The M1060C features a completely redesigned and engineered planar driver, producing a detailed aural landscape in a closed back enclosure"

Also:
"Planar Drivers: Not your typical headphone driver! The planar driver in the M1060C has been completely redesigned and engineered versus the driver found in the M1060. Several enhancements have been made, including a new symmetrical magnet structure that allows the planar driver to be much more efficient in a closed back enclosure. The result is low distortion, improved linearity, and spectacular imaging in a closed back design."

@FastAndClean - it's probably worth updating the first post to reflect the new information.

Looking forward to the reviews as I could do with a good pair of closed headphones and I used to have the original 1060 which sounded fantastic. (Sent it back due to the various manufacturing issues which have now happily been resolved with the V2 of course.)

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #7 of 1,409
"How is the sound leakage for M1060C? Thinking about getting a pair for office/cubicle use"

No problem with leakage at all. You won't bother a soul even at high volumes. For the listener... isolation is not quite as good as some other closed cans, so if you will be in a super noisy environment, that might be a consideration

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 1,409
"How is the sound leakage for M1060C? Thinking about getting a pair for office/cubicle use"

No problem with leakage at all. You won't bother a soul even at high volumes. For the listener... isolation is not quite as good as some other closed cans, so if you will be in a super noisy environment, that might be a consideration

Awesome.. exactly what I was looking for! I don't mind lower isolation, I will be using them in an office environment and being able to hear around me will work well, I just don't want to disturb my neighbors with what I am listening to.

I am a bit budget conscious so I have an IFI Nano iDSD BL that hopefully should compliment the M1060C pretty well.

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 1,409
Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #11 of 1,409
Some pics of the wood grain and how dark the are. Initial impression is great bass and sub bass, a little recessed to me in mids. I played with eq a about and they did great bumping up the mids and treble. I just got these so they need time to break in. My open set were recessed in mids until they broke in but then were good. Sound stage is really good for closed cans, really good period actually.
MVIMG_20180221_161312.jpg
MVIMG_20180221_161244.jpg
MVIMG_20180221_151109.jpg
MVIMG_20180221_161336.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back