Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs Ath-Msr7 ?
Jan 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #16 of 43
  i did watch Rosario + Vampire a little but didnt like it :p lol thats not a small list there :p just like my manga list :p

Yeah, the anime was intentionally stupid, though I still enjoyed some of it. The manga was my favorite, though!

This was such an amusing coincidence to me that I just had to share:

So I noticed there's an anime nun in the anime you mentioned...

...which reminded me of this from another anime:

XD

School Rumble also has an anime nun. Just a funny coincidence.

Anyway, back to amps. If you have two equally neutral amps, one tube, the other solid-state, the tube one may sound more realistic due to the type of harmonic distortion that tubes produce.

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #17 of 43

Yeah, the anime was intentionally stupid, though I still enjoyed some of it. The manga was my favorite, though!

This was such an amusing coincidence to me that I just had to share:

So I noticed there's an anime nun in the anime you mentioned...

...which reminded me of this from another anime:

XD

School Rumble also has an anime nun. Just a funny coincidence.

Anyway, back to amps. If you have two equally neutral amps, one tube, the other solid-state, the tube one may sound more realistic due to the type of harmonic distortion that tubes produce.

i love Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai  :p

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #20 of 43
All of your choices for headphones are good ones and well liked by many.  BUT they are all relatively different in sound character too.  Frequently you have people that like the classic Senn "house sound" which is often described as "warm" and "laid back" (and occasionally less flatteringly so "veiled") and you have the AKG "house sound" which is often described as "airy" and "analytical" (and occasionally less flatteringly so as being "weak in bass").  Both have their fans but rarely do the same people seem to like both equally well.  Which you enjoy more is subjective...

You said you once owned and liked the annies.  Think of the K7XX as being an improved Annie.  Which "house sound" you enjoy will likely be different from everyone else's subjective opinion.  Even if your poll runs long enough to develop some sort of consensus of the forum members here, all that will tell you is what THEY prefer.  Your ears may not agree.

An amplifier has one real job, to make the source signal louder without adding any distortion.  This is a definite, testable target that most, even the tiny, cheap amps in cell phones, tablets and PC motherboards will get reasonably close to achieving, with the possible caveat of not being able to power a given headphone to the levels you find satisfactory.  Beyond that, any amplifier that can drive your headphones with 99%+ accuracy (to the input signal) and to your satisfactory listening level is good enough, and it sounds like you already have one.

If you like the additional coloration (distortion) found in esoteric tube amps and the like, what will make you happy is even more subjective than the choice in headphone, and you are really on your own.

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #23 of 43
To my ears I like the X2 more than the HD600. My HD600 was my primary can for a long time, but it has been replaced by the X2 and DT990/600 more recently as my favs. I listen to a lot of prog metal and the bass and soundtage on the x2 and dt900/600 just do it for me. To me, the x2 has everything the hd600 does, but also has a proper bass signature that I never knew was lacking in my hd600 until I heard it. I don't hear the "slightly grainy" top end on the x2 that everyone talks about, but my ears are not trained for that anyway.

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #24 of 43
  All of your choices for headphones are good ones and well liked by many.  BUT they are all relatively different in sound character too.  Frequently you have people that like the classic Senn "house sound" which is often described as "warm" and "laid back" (and occasionally less flatteringly so "veiled") and you have the AKG "house sound" which is often described as "airy" and "analytical" (and occasionally less flatteringly so as being "weak in bass").  Both have their fans but rarely do the same people seem to like both equally well.  Which you enjoy more is subjective...

You said you once owned and liked the annies.  Think of the K7XX as being an improved Annie.  Which "house sound" you enjoy will likely be different from everyone else's subjective opinion.  Even if your poll runs long enough to develop some sort of consensus of the forum members here, all that will tell you is what THEY prefer.  Your ears may not agree.

An amplifier has one real job, to make the source signal louder without adding any distortion.  This is a definite, testable target that most, even the tiny, cheap amps in cell phones, tablets and PC motherboards will get reasonably close to achieving, with the possible caveat of not being able to power a given headphone to the levels you find satisfactory.  Beyond that, any amplifier that can drive your headphones with 99%+ accuracy (to the input signal) and to your satisfactory listening level is good enough, and it sounds like you already have one.

If you like the additional coloration (distortion) found in esoteric tube amps and the like, what will make you happy is even more subjective than the choice in headphone, and you are really on your own.

i dont know but when i had hd650 and annies i liked both of them:p but that was long time ago.
i liked annies more cuz i find hd650 wasnt that clear. But heard crack will open it up :p

3rd it is! ^_^

(Just kidding. I'm switching between them now.)

So what specifically prevents you from auditioning headphones?

i changed my avatar 2 :p

i dont have any headphone store around me :p

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #25 of 43
  To my ears I like the X2 more than the HD600. My HD600 was my primary can for a long time, but it has been replaced by the X2 and DT990/600 more recently as my favs. I listen to a lot of prog metal and the bass and soundtage on the x2 and dt900/600 just do it for me. To me, the x2 has everything the hd600 does, but also has a proper bass signature that I never knew was lacking in my hd600 until I heard it. I don't hear the "slightly grainy" top end on the x2 that everyone talks about, but my ears are not trained for that anyway.

have u heard hd600 with bottlehead ?

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #26 of 43
i changed my avatar 2 :p  
i dont have any headphone store around me :p

Haha. Looks like it's saying "Whaaat?! How dare you use the same character as me. Change-a-roo!" =P

I kind of assumed you thought there were no headphone shops nearby, but other types of stores (such as Guitar Center) may also stock them. If you go to the headphone companies' websites, you can see where some of their dealers are located. But if you can't audition them beforehand, no biggie; you can always buy online from stores with good return policies.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #27 of 43

Haha. Looks like it's saying "Whaaat?! How dare you use the same character as me. Change-a-roo!" =P

I kind of assumed you thought there were no headphone shops nearby, but other types of stores (such as Guitar Center) may also stock them. If you go to the headphone companies' websites, you can see where some of their dealers are located. But if you can't audition them beforehand, no biggie; you can always buy online from stores with good return policies.

its Yuzuki Seo - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun u should watch it. One of my fav anime :p just love every charecter on that anime.

sadly the only common here of the one i listed are the sennheisers in local store and x2 (maybe)
i would love to test all of the 5 headphones side by side + theirs synergy amp. But that would takes a lots of time and money and ordering from other countries :p

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #28 of 43
  its Yuzuki Seo - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun u should watch it. One of my fav anime :p just love every charecter on that anime.

sadly the only common here of the one i listed are the sennheisers in local store and x2 (maybe)
i would love to test all of the 5 headphones side by side + theirs synergy amp. But that would takes a lots of time and money and ordering from other countries :p

Will do! (...eventually) Wow, the plot reminds me of many scenes from School Rumble.

That's a shame. But at least you're not trying to listen to all the headphones that cost thousands of dollars!

Here's an idea that may or may not work: ask the local audio/headphone stores whether they could import the headphones you want to listen to.

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #29 of 43
I have not heard the crack. I have a Project Starlight I listen to my hd600 with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back