New 24/192 dac from china-nice!
Oct 1, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 1,341
The volume pot is only for listening to headphones.It does have rca outs.

These are pictures he sent me-- i am having a problem with my sony cyber-shot 3.3.My computer keeps telling me that it can not recognize the usb on the camera.I guess i will have to purchase a card reader so i can view my pictures.

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 1,341
could you post the back of the DAC showing all the connectors?

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
could you post the back of the DAC showing all the connectors?

Sorry--can't get my sony digi camara to work right.The pictures i posted are ones that lawrence sent me.He also claims that in current form the DAC has better sound than North Star , Musical
> Fidelity , Audio Note DAC zero .......

Some big claims,but it does sound very good--i really don't have many hours on it so far ,but imaging and treble have opened up great!

E-mail lawrence and ask for more pictures.

Oct 1, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #6 of 1,341
RogerWilco, I see you're from Georgia. Care for a GA meet?
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #7 of 1,341
Mysterious. I thought DACs typcially had RCA outs..

Oct 1, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #9 of 1,341
Yes--it does have rca out.I had the audio mirror dac some time ago and this dac sure sounds better!The friend of mind that turned me on to this dac had the latest audio mirror and just recently sold it .

You know there is always something you can pick out that you like better or worst.There are many things about this dac that i like better than the eastsound e-5,but of course the eastsound does some things better.But the dac is also breaking in.

It,s all according to the type reproduction of music one desires.I think this dac sounds more like the bencmark.I am into tube gear and single driver( no crossover speakers), so someone elses results may be different.

I see alot of people here have come from a somewhat cheaper player into something like the eastsound e-5--of course that would be a revalation to them.I have had from cheap to the Esoteric 50 .I have had so much equipment in the last 15 years ,some of it i was forced to sell and it felt like i was selling my child-------The very expensive gear is always Liquid cash if money is needed.

But i have learned that money does not buy sound (IF YOU ARE INTO READING REVIEWS THAT IS HARD TO SWALLOW).

Thats why it is so nice to pick up gear on the cheap that has such a good sound.

Oct 1, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #10 of 1,341
I've heard of this DAC. I think it was on ebay once and never appeared again. I like items which use premium parts. They do make a difference
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I've heard of this DAC. I think it was on ebay once and never appeared again. I like items which use premium parts. They do make a difference
smily_headphones1.gif

I lean in that direction too.But it is like when i owned david bernings OTL amp--he uses just regular parts--nothing that would be considered highend parts.And had one of the best sounds of tube gear i have ever heard.It may lean more to circuit design than the sume of parts that is used.

But then again i have replaced caps and resistors with blackgate , mills,jenson,hovland--just so many higher end parts and i perseved a difference at the time.But the problem is unless you can A-B the old caps or resisters with the new replacements it may be hard to know.Most of the time first impression is always better--or is it just different.

But i do believe myself that better parts overall help--i am about to replace a Nichicon electalitic in the power supply of my amp with either a jenson 4 pole or a blackgate cap.

By the way lawrences price on the dac is $180--you can choose to use whatever method of shipping.Paypal fees are included in that price.

I got an e-mail from lawrence--he said he will send me some more pictures on the unit soon--it was past midnight there and he was not at home.He did send a picture of Disney World in HK there at night--very nice if not nicer than the one we have here.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back