New Beyerdynamic Pro X line: DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #46 of 898
Are you talking about 700 or 900s?

Beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X

I just ordered a JDS Labs Atom to push the 900 Pro X soon. I think they have much potential. You get microdetails out of it but they dont sound that opened and airy like the 38X

Attachments

• IMG_20211008_234351.jpg
    IMG_20211008_234351.jpg
    917.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #47 of 898
I thought the 700 and 900 pro x were designed for "creators" and to run on mobile devices. i guess they need more amp than advertised? I want to see measurements or sound demoes. Too easy to hype them as dt990 and dt1990 killers. Its more reasonable to assume that sound quality took a backseat to trying to hit a certain target demographic by their marketing team than an amazing new tuning.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #49 of 898
I thought the 700 and 900 pro x were designed for "creators" and to run on mobile devices. i guess they need more amp than advertised? I want to see measurements or sound demoes. Too easy to hype them as dt990 and dt1o90 killers. Its more reasonable to assume that sound quality took a backseat to trying to hit a certain target demographic by their marketing team than an amazing new tuning.
Why you talk about killing? Look at prices. You get always a better Version DT 990 - 900 Pro X - DT 1990

They are market as professional audio mixing like the DT 1990. And if you know the Sound you know why. They are siblings. Like the little Brother.

Oct 8, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #51 of 898
Not sure what the advantage of the 900 X is over the Tygr300R. The Tygr is basically a 990 with the same dampeners that the 900 X has to tone down the treble spikes, is easier to drive, and it's only $200 instead of $300.

Oct 8, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #52 of 898
Not sure what the advantage of the 900 X is over the Tygr300R. The Tygr is basically a 990 with the same dampeners that the 900 X has to tone down the treble spikes, is easier to drive, and it's only $200 instead of $300.
The 900 X has different and new drivers, different pads, detachable cables, different headband, and the damping in front are different than the TYGR's if you look at it. What changes it has over the DT 990 and the DT 1990 sonically and comfort wise is what I'm most curious about.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #53 of 898
Its pretty clear by their launch of these headphones they targetted people who will buy audio gear blindly without any knowledge of how headphones work. Reminds me of when i bought my first headphones lime 20 years ago. Hurr durr i need so e beadphones. Ooo look new headphones i buy now. Derp. The microphones they released with these headphones sound bad objectively as well. Im mildly mad.

Oct 9, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #54 of 898
but they dont sound that opened and airy like the 38X
That's disappointing - was thinking of gett a set of the 900 to use as a multi purpose set, including for gaming. Doesn't seem like they'll hit the mark for me.

Launch has been a bit strange really - no real news then suddenly they are available, with Beyer YouTube video marketing in overdrive but with only a couple of Beyer loving YT channels posting impressions. I have reservations about these before I eve try to hear them!

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #55 of 898
Not sure what the advantage of a new headphone? The advantage is you get a better build quality, advanced driver technology, a better money to value ratio and better sound

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #56 of 898
That's disappointing - was thinking of gett a set of the 900 to use as a multi purpose set, including for gaming. Doesn't seem like they'll hit the mark for me.

Launch has been a bit strange really - no real news then suddenly they are available, with Beyer YouTube video marketing in overdrive but with only a couple of Beyer loving YT channels posting impressions. I have reservations about these before I eve try to hear them!
Not sure what you looking for. They do sound really close in terms of Gaming. You get better steps from the Sennheiser but the Sound of fhe 900 makes more for fun. And like i said the positioning, steps are very close. If you like the open loosing sound of the 38X and dont interested in music listening stick with the Sennheiser. But i think the 900 is the better choice

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #57 of 898
The 770 & 990s are the most legendary studio cans dare i say because of their low price too, but mainly cause they are the real deal, good pro tool despite what audiophiles think, noobody who makes music and recordings go to such detailed discusions about gear especially when it comes to headphones. My point being, creators and audiophiles have very little in common lol, I'm sure the new DT Pro X will get to rule for years in that realm

Oct 9, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #58 of 898
Not sure what you looking for. They do sound really close in terms of Gaming. You get better steps from the Sennheiser but the Sound of fhe 900 makes more for fun. And like i said the positioning, steps are very close. If you like the open loosing sound of the 38X and dont interested in music listening stick with the Sennheiser. But i think the 900 is the better choice
Thanks. I find the PC38x a little ‘safe’ sounding but really do want something open and wide sounding. Another review said the 900 sounds a little more ‘closed’ than they expected.
I have the Tygr already but don’t like the lack of mids on those and Eq is not an option for my console use just now. Hoped the 900 might have replaced them.

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #60 of 898
I decided to order the 900 Pro X, I'll give my impressions in a few days. I got a few headphones to compare with, Sundara, HD650 (and 58X), TGYR 300R, and HE-500. I'm hoping these will be an upgrade to the TYGR, as I already like those even more than the DT880.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back