New, Burson Swing dual mono 9038 DAC, Preamp, Changeable opamps.
May 6, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #136 of 216
Just a comment on the the Swing. Today I moved the Swing from the Fun to my EMC 535SE and this really shows off the quality of the Swing. It is great right out of the pairing. I will try a few different headphones but right now I am using the Hyland Headphones Saturn.

I suspect most aren't familiar with the amplifier so here is picture. It didn't take off like The Audio Guild had hoped but I know I enjoy it.

IMG_20190506_153126.jpg

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #138 of 216
Hey guys, I just finished my Swing reviews as well (Written one, Video one), hope you like them.
It was on the same page with my 1800 USD X-Sabre Pro :astonished:
Great review. Do you think if you had the V6 Vivids in the Swing at the time of your review do think your resolution and dynamics scores would go up?

May 22, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #139 of 216
Great review. Do you think if you had the V6 Vivids in the Swing at the time of your review do think your resolution and dynamics scores would go up?
Certainly!
V6 vivids in the Burson Fun that I tested few months ago did exactly that. Even faster transients, harder slam in the base and a wider frequency range (treble was clearer), I suppose V6 Vivids in the Swing will have a bigger impact on the sound (it's a digital source).

May 22, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #140 of 216
Certainly!
V6 vivids in the Burson Fun that I tested few months ago did exactly that. Even faster transients, harder slam in the base and a wider frequency range (treble was clearer), I suppose V6 Vivids in the Swing will have a bigger impact on the sound (it's a digital source).
Thanks, I’m looking at adding a Burson Swing to complete my Fun and Bang stack. I want as much detail, resolution, and musicality I squeeze out it. I think those qualities are really important for DACs since it’s the first stage in the conversion process.

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #142 of 216
Hello!

Quick question about Swing and other Burson Xmos drivers.

Is there any advantages / disadvantages using or not using the Burson XMOS driver for the Swing and other Burson units, like PLAY, PLAYMATE, etc? Right now I am using my Swing with default Windows drivers, and works fine, tho I am curious :)

Cheers,
kebcy

Jun 6, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #143 of 216
Hello!

Quick question about Swing and other Burson Xmos drivers.

Is there any advantages / disadvantages using or not using the Burson XMOS driver for the Swing and other Burson units, like PLAY, PLAYMATE, etc? Right now I am using my Swing with default Windows drivers, and works fine, tho I am curious :)

Cheers,
kebcy
If you want to use high sampling rates or DSD you will need the XMOS drivers. For regular PCM there's no need.

Jun 13, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #146 of 216
Just received the Swing, looking forward to prolonged listening sessions over the weekend.
First visual impressions is that the Burson uses now a glossy package which looks quite nice and a set of blue cables. Both the USB and the RCA audio cables are blue mantled. Gone is the shorter RCA premium looking cable, as previoulsy delivered with the Play, the Playmate and the Fun and replaced with the longer one. The new "blue" cable is fully shielded, with gold coated connectors and now 120cm (4ft) long.

Burson Swing.jpg

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #147 of 216
Looks like Burson has upgraded their packaging, multi-color and glossy now rather than black/white and flat finish.

Jun 14, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #149 of 216
Anyone experiencing some seriously high temperatures with the SWING or BANG? If I put the two unit together, like top of each other after a 4-6 hour of gameplay / spotify / music listening some reason the SWING mutes himself. Without any warning the music, or the gamesound mutes and I have to turn it off, and turn it back the DAC, and after that I again have sound. No matter if I run the SWING with default Windows drivers, or the XMOS still happens. Also maybe I got a "faulty" SWING because the little led indicator (or menu..) the "PCB" label icon in the left corner flashing, from the very first turn on.

TLDR;
- My Swing and Bang runs in high temperature and i don't know why.
- After a longer listening session my Swing mutes himself and have to turn off and then back on to make it work again.
- The menu indicator which shows the PCB flashing from the very first turn on.

Those options in the menu like the FIR FILTER, LP SLOW/ LP FAST, DE-EMPHASIS should I tweak here something or no? I am mainly listening FLAC, sometimes youtube / spotify, and very rarely DSD music.

Cheers,
kebccy

Jun 14, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #150 of 216
Anyone experiencing some seriously high temperatures with the SWING or BANG? If I put the two unit together, like top of each other after a 4-6 hour of gameplay / spotify / music listening some reason the SWING mutes himself. Without any warning the music, or the gamesound mutes and I have to turn it off, and turn it back the DAC, and after that I again have sound. No matter if I run the SWING with default Windows drivers, or the XMOS still happens. Also maybe I got a "faulty" SWING because the little led indicator (or menu..) the "PCB" label icon in the left corner flashing, from the very first turn on.

TLDR;
- My Swing and Bang runs in high temperature and i don't know why.
- After a longer listening session my Swing mutes himself and have to turn off and then back on to make it work again.
- The menu indicator which shows the PCB flashing from the very first turn on.

Those options in the menu like the FIR FILTER, LP SLOW/ LP FAST, DE-EMPHASIS should I tweak here something or no? I am mainly listening FLAC, sometimes youtube / spotify, and very rarely DSD music.

Cheers,
kebccy
I’ve my swing connected to the TV and I’ve not had any issues. Do you have them stacked? If you have one on top of the other put the amp on top, that way the heat goes away instead of heating the DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back