NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Nov 24, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #766 of 805
Mine was shipped yesterday so I'll have to make this weekend without it
frown.gif

But the most important thing is that it indeed IS on the way and should be in time for new Incubus album (29th)
orphsmile.gif

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #767 of 805
double

Nov 24, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #768 of 805
#448 is mine, it took 4-5 days once I paid for it!
I haven't hooked it up to my stereo, right now it's in the headphone jack of my Dell computer, but right away I noticed a difference! I'm using my HD570s that always need extra amping unless they've got decent amplifcation, now they are giving me sounds on this computer that I've only heard with Grados.

Nov 25, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #770 of 805
i have it plugged into my line out on my home theater...but the sound still comes from the speakers...unless i mute it or turn it down...am i doing something wrong or not getting the optimal sound?...sorry if this is a noob question...

Nov 25, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #771 of 805
i have it plugged into my line out on my home theater...but the sound still comes from the speakers...unless i mute it or turn it down...am i doing something wrong or not getting the optimal sound?...sorry if this is a noob question...

but yea sound is still coming from my headphones just fine and it sounds nice!

Nov 25, 2006 at 8:31 AM Post #772 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Show 21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

but yea sound is still coming from my headphones just fine and it sounds nice!

Of course the sound still comes out of the speakers as well, they don't care about the line out of your home theater in any way.

Do I understand correctly, that you have some sort of integrated system with DVD-player and AV-receiver in one? In this case you are getting the best possible sound out of your system.

If you have a separate CD/DVD-player, you will get the best possible sound by connecting the HeadFive directly to this.

Nov 25, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #773 of 805
I have mine connected to Harman Kardon's Tape Out -jacks. When I press MUTE, only speakers will mute and the signal is still outputted through Tape Out. Works fine.

Nov 26, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #774 of 805
As others have said both the line out and tape out are always on regardless of settings. They are also straight output signals meaning that they put out full signal regardless of volume control settings or tone control settings.

Your best sound quality should be straight from the CD/DVD player. The line out on your receiver works fine but you get a slightly less pure sound due to the fact that it goes through the receiver first.

Nov 29, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #775 of 805
#460 in da howooz.

Tonight I will hear, for the first time, in full SACD glory....the one...the only...DSOM.
eggosmile.gif

CE595-x-Headfive--->HF1

Edit: Well, no sound out on the CE595, shipped to sony for replacement after 3hrs on the phone. My only source is my XM Radio for 7-10 days.

Dec 1, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #776 of 805
Sorry for the following outburst
rolleyes.gif

[RANT]
I'm just a bit frustrated. It's been 13 days since I payed for my H5 and now it seems that the earliest I'm going to see it is on monday. I live in Finland and most of my fellow headfiers here have gotten the amp in 2-3 days. Even people in Canada get it way faster. For me it's goin to take 2 1/2 weeks How is this possible in this modern society of ours?!?
confused.gif

[/RANT]

So of course Dr. Meier's got nothing he can do to help this and these things just happen, but it's just so frustrating when you're prepaired to spend the weekend with the sweet new amp that everyone's raving about. But Jan has been more than understanding and the service has been exellent so I'll just have to wait a bit more
tongue.gif

EDIT: I feel so much better now that I got that out of my chest
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #777 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif

[RANT]
I'm just a bit frustrated. It's been 13 days since I payed for my H5 and now it seems that the earliest I'm going to see it is on monday. I live in Finland and most of my fellow headfiers here have gotten the amp in 2-3 days. Even people in Canada get it way faster. For me it's goin to take 2 1/2 weeks How is this possible in this modern society of ours?!?
confused.gif

[/RANT]

So of course Dr. Meier's got nothing he can do to help this and these things just happen, but it's just so frustrating when you're prepaired to spend the weekend with the sweet new amp that everyone's raving about. But Jan has been more than understanding and the service has been exellent so I'll just have to wait a bit more
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

I know the feeling. When I got my first amp, a PA2V2, it took like 3 weeks to ship from Canada to the US. Even more frustrating, my friend ordered one a week after me, and got it a week before me. It was a brutal wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #778 of 805
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

[RANT]
confused.gif

[/RANT]

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

DUDE, could it be that you were on the waiting list and lucky to actually have one and he had to sort some stuff out in order to get you one??? Maybe he's busy refurbishing a returned or broken one and now you're getting one that's be double handled !!! ahahahahaaaaa just kidding. I know how obsessive it can be, I've been calling Guitar Center about my headphones everyday. Did everybody know that they match online prices??? Sweet huh?

Dec 1, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #779 of 805
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

[RANT]
confused.gif

[/RANT]

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

There there.... 100% same situation here (Funland as well) except it's been 'only' 9 days since I paid for mine. Christmas delays?
Now I'm forced to put up with the horrible sound of non-amplified 770/80 that arrived today since the MS-1 is being recabled.
Imagine the amount of self pity right now.

Have to mention the superb customer service by Jan Meier though, one of the best.

edit: H5 #44.1kHz is here!

Dec 6, 2006 at 10:01 AM Post #780 of 805
Aah, finally got mine yesterday. Nr #446 laying comfortably on it's new bed
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back