NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Dec 8, 2006 at 12:04 PM Post #781 of 805
Hello,

A newbie here. I only found out about the Headfive
(and this forum) recently and have been on the
waiting list for about two weeks now.

I'm patiently hoping for good news, but am realistic
about the chances of success.

You guys are so lucky.

Cheers,
Dennis

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #782 of 805
just got my headfive in the mail today! i was on the waiting list and one came available.

i do have a dumb question. do i use a screw driver and click the voltage selector to the left for usa voltage? that's what it looks like, but i don't want to mess anything up.

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #783 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
........do i use a screw driver and click the voltage selector to the left for usa voltage? that's what it looks like, but i don't want to mess anything up.

That is correct. A well-fitted screwdriver will not mar the plastic; it does turn with a little resistance.

Congrats on the Headfive. I'm really enjoying mine.

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #784 of 805
WaterFrontMngr,
I used a standard paper clip with great success. It was sturdy enough to turn the slotted switch, but flexible enough not to cause damage.
wink.gif
Jan might have checked the shipping address and, if it said "USA," simply made the switch for us, saving some of us the suspense of wondering whether we'd break the thing before we'd gotten any use from it. But it's become a sort of "rite of passage" for many of us. Welcome to the HeadFive society!

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #785 of 805
Dear headfellows,

Today the very last HEADFIVE amplifier left my humble home. I guess this action was a success. To sell 500 amps is quite something. And a thread with over 114.000 views is not bad either! :)

Cheers

Jan

Dec 21, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #786 of 805
Dear Jan,

Congratulations on the success of this fine head amp! I'm still extremely enjoying my HeadFive #275--THANKS!

But tell us, please do: is the Arietta simply a continuation/reinstallment of the HeadFive? Do the two amps differ, other than nominally?
wink.gif

PatABurd

Dec 21, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #787 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But tell us, please do: is the Arietta simply a continuation/reinstallment of the HeadFive? Do the two amps differ, other than nominally?
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
No, the amps are not the same. The ARIETTA has a better powersupply and a slightly updated amplification circuitry. It thereby shows a little bit more detail and has a tighter bass. In my opinion it is a better amp than the HEADFIVE although differences are not very large.

Yes, the price will be slightly higher than that of the HEADFIVE (which was essentially a low profit project). Exact prices will be made public in around 2 weeks, when the amps have arrived.

That's from page 2 of this thread in the amps forum.

Dec 21, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #788 of 805
Thanks, n_.

The Arietta sounds like a nice upgrade to the HF, and addresses the latter's only perceived weaknesses. For late-night home theater, and casual A/V listening, the HF fits the bill for me just fine right now.
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #789 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear headfellows,

Today the very last HEADFIVE amplifier left my humble home. I guess this action was a success. To sell 500 amps is quite something. And a thread with over 114.000 views is not bad either! :)

Cheers

Jan

... And today that amplifier reached its new owner... looks and sounds great, so far :)

Jan 19, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #791 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear headfellows,

Cheers

Jan

Jan, just catching up on some reading. Congratulations. I'm still truly enjoying mine. Was listening just last night to Bill Evans' "Waltz for Debbie" through my 501s and the H5. Sonic bliss.

Thanks again for a great product!

Jan 19, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #792 of 805
I too would just like to say thanks. I was pleased with the sound when I got it, and after some burn in I am over the moon. Actually, I think maybe some of the burn in was on my part... you know how it is with new equipment, it takes time to warm up to the new sound some times.

Paired with Audio Technica W5000s, it really sounds wonderful. Many thanks for this wonderful amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back