New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Apr 26, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #16 of 1,045
There don't seem to be any way to get to last read post when you enter a thread, you have to find that manually by going through the thread

Click on the dot that shows there are unread posts.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #17 of 1,045
Goto first unread is not there in mobile mode, only in desktop mode.

The "dot" works, hadn't spotted that it was a link.

In general mobile mode seems a lot buggier and unintuituve than desktop mode.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #18 of 1,045
No search thread or for sale section. to many ads. Ands are filling more than half my screen now vs text. Never would have started with this form if ads were like this from the beginning.

edit : also can't see pics in sell threads.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #19 of 1,045
Yes way too many adds but that is what happens when the business and making money side becomes more important. At least in mobile mode there is only one add at the bottom of the page

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #20 of 1,045
  1. "Of course, the most important notification, unread subbed threads, it missing so not a big deal. I'd like to see that readded."
That is something that can't be done away with.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #21 of 1,045
New Mobile layout sucks IMO.

I don't even see a Watched Threads link nor do I see a way to access my profile preferences and what not. Plus the site still has a bad security certificate.

One good thing I'm seeing is post auto saving, Lord knows how many times I've typed a long post only to hit the wrong button and lose it all lol

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #22 of 1,045
Renaming everything is a real pain. It took me way too long just to find my subscriptions, and it didn't save my spot in any of my threads, and ditched a bunch of private messages, and post counts and join dates aren't readily displayed, the tab icon is gone, the list goes on.

Really need to re-think accessibility to useful features. I shouldn't have to hunt for the right profile button to get to my user control button. Hiding it at the very bottom of the page wasn't the best idea.

All I can really say is that it looks slick and there are obviously a lot more spots for even more prominent ads.

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #23 of 1,045
I don't like the letterboxed black panels on the sides of the website. That in combination with all of the advertisements makes the website seem really, really information deprived upon first glance; it's really not appealing one bit.

From the top of the webpage, I can see like the first 1/3 of the first post of the thread, which is kind of ridiculous.
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 22.16.08.jpg
^thumbnail

Also, images are either "thumbnail" or "full image" sizes.

^ full-size

I can't use CTRL+Enter to submit a reply...nor is there a cancel button if I don't want to reply.

I keep seeing dating website ads. This makes Head-Fi a bit risqué for work...

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 22.18.56.png

There's also no recent photos carousel, nor is it easy to post a photo in one thread that you uploaded in another.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #27 of 1,045
-no popup on new PM
-no way to edit thread titles or prices in the classifieds
-no way to sort classifieds by creation date to avoid bumped threads
-no way to bump classifieds
-no direct link to one's active classifieds
-trading feedback disappeared, it only shows bought and sold but not traded

and that ZMF giant ad is taking so much space that I can't read the forum, using latest Chrome PC:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #28 of 1,045
Holy moly what a visual aberration. Far too much visual content and advertising everywhere. The old website was just the right mix of graphics and informative text, but this revamp is JUST HORRIBLE! It takes far longer to load on a slow connection, contains huge irrelevant adverts and is frankly bloody annoying to navigate. NO NO NO.

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #29 of 1,045
https://www.head-fi.org/f/trader/ratingseller?user_id=359193

There is no direct link to the classified page for the item sold on the trader history page. All you can see is Buyers comments but you have no idea what they bought. Some of them also don't have ratings for some reason.

There is no ability to view my open classified posts from my user page.

Account settings can only be accessed by clicking Account Alerts.

There needs to be a navbar with a dropdown that has all the forums and subforums. Overclock.net is an example.

The gallery box that allowed you to see all the images embedded in a thread is now gone.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #30 of 1,045
One of the most important feature is gone!
The ability to look at the pictures in the thread, it was on the right side of every thread. From there opening the gallery with all the picture posted in that thread and being able to go from there to the post corresponding.

This is a critical feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back