New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #46 of 1,052
My understanding is that their previous host Huddler is no longer hosting so Head-fi and a bunch of other forums had to make a change quickly.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #47 of 1,052
PM's don't seem to be private at all? I can see others "conversations" in the classifieds on say the sellers profile page. How do you send an actual private message?

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #48 of 1,052
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #49 of 1,052
Is there still a way to sort searches by time instead of relevance (or any search options at all?)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 27, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #51 of 1,052
Previously posted embedded (YouTube) videos are just displaying as thumbnail images. Embedded Soundcloud + Bandcamp players are not showing up at all and, it seems, can't be embedded anymore in new posts. This is particularly felt on the Music forum where video-heavy threads have hundreds of pages of posts that can no longer be seen. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already - I would have searched the thread to check... but oops, the 'Search Thread' feature has been removed.

X2

it'd be a real shame if every music video and other embedded link were lost.

is it still possible to embed links?

Thanks

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #52 of 1,052
This is ridiculous. I swear I will never buy from ZMF, Focal, JHA, Noble and EchoBox. Never ever.

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #53 of 1,052
I like the redesign. This looks really nice and modern!

Only suggestion so far is the body text on the main page is a little small to read, but I also wear glasses, so it may just be me.

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #55 of 1,052
Problems I'm having:
- About 8 of my Trader feedback seems to be not showing up. I think I had 45 transactions, but it only shows that I had 37 for Trader History.
- On the home page, I don't seem to be logged in. I only seem to be logged in when I'm not on the home page.
- There doesn't seem to be "bump", "close listing", and "Re-open listeing" options for classified listings.
- I can't seem to edit prices of classified listings.

Suggestions:
-I know on other forums for other hobbies there is an option usually near towards the bottom, where anyone can switch themes of the forums for a different layout/look. It would be great if this can be implemented.
- I really like the drop down menus when I had my mouse hovering over the tabs on top. It makes navigating a lot faster.
- There were options to see certain classified threads through ticking checkmark boxes such as "Wanted", "Sell", "Trade", "Open listings", "Closed listings", etc before the update. It would be great to see those again, possibly along with searching for threads from specific regions. For example, I most likely won't buy things from those overseas due to higher shipping prices.

Nitpicks:
- The black bars on either side seem to be very obvious and take up quite a bit of space. If that can be minimized or customized, that would be awesome. It's a similar feeling to watching a 4:3 video on Youtube.
- On classified threads, the font size for the prices of classifieds are very small. I liked it when it was more obvious in size.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #56 of 1,052
Watch thread + e-mail doesn't seem to be working - I'm not getting e-mails for new posts.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #57 of 1,052
Navigating Head-Fi on an iPad is now virtually impossible. Why ruin a perfectly good, functioning, easily navigable website and replace it with this absurd, garish monstrosity?!?

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #58 of 1,052
Thanks for the continued feedback guys. Some updates:

We're aware that the homepage isn't showing when a user is logged in. We're looking into a way to get that corrected.

Some items like feedback, reputation and badges haven't transferred from the old system properly or at all. We're checking into ways to get this data transferred, but there's no ETR and we're not sure if we'll be able to get everything ported to the new system properly.

The website's design is under consideration. We appreciate all of the feedback you guys have been providing about the layout and we're looking into possible changes to make it both easier to read and easier to use. Stay tuned for an update on the design.

We know the classifieds aren't ideal in their current state, but we had to get them up and running so members could list their gear. We'll be working to improve the experience in the future, but we want to get the systems that are already in place running smoothly before introducing new features.

We like the suggestions about site themes and we'll be looking into offering selectable options in the future. I don't know when that will be, but it's definitely one of the suggestions we like. That's on our list.

The broken embedded videos are something else we'd like to see restored, but there's currently no ETR.

Character limits for reviews are on our list to be checked. No ETR for that as well.

Search: this is something I personally want to improve. Currently you can get to the system's advanced search by going here: https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/8105/?searchform=1 but I'd like to see it more robust and allow searching within individual threads. That will probably take some time to improve, but if all goes well we can potentially make search results even better than they were on the old platform. For now, at least the advanced search option helps.

Email notifications are high on our priority list. We're currently investigating why they aren't reaching the end user.

Dating ads: we're trying to squash these. No ETR.

This isn't a comprehensive list of all the feedback we've received, but it's certainly a chunk of it. We hear all of the complaints and suggestions and we're taking each of them to heart as we progress. Thank you all for the continued feedback, and we're not done yet.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #59 of 1,052
Hi, I used to be able to click on my avatar and then a list of threads I had posted in appeared. I could see how many posts had been added since I last checked the thread. If I clicked on the thread I was taken to the place where I left off last time.

I can't seem to find this functionality in the new forum and I have certainly tried. Would some kind soul tell me how I can see the list of threads I have posted in, along with how many posts have been added since I was last there? Many thanks.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #60 of 1,052
I see....

Theme preferences are not localized anymore, they're universal. If you switch to mobile site on a mobile device, it will switch to mobile even on your desktop if you're logged in. Vice versa if you're on a desktop and switch to desktop mode, it will switch to desktop on the mobile device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back