New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Oct 1, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #962 of 1,045
OK Joe - that worked! I'm back to secure connections here and at Wikipedia. The Reddit advice was similar to the advice yesterday from MrWalkman, what I missed was how to get the Mac to trust the new certificate.

Thinking back to the start, I first got a warning about a "not secure" connection, probably from Wikipedia, which drive me to clear my browsing history. So then, the root cause was the certificate expiring ... nothing else on either of our ends.

I will probably update my OSX anyway, based on Warren's advice. I've been hesitant because I am concerned it could make the Mac less stable and degrade the SQ of my digital music. This Mac is 98% a music server, FLAC thru JRiver MC23. Does anyone have experience with Mac instability causing SQ issues after updating your OSX?

Thanks again -
RCB

Oct 18, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #963 of 1,045
Bug in Classifieds?

Trying to make a Headphones listing and it stops at Ships To--won't let me pick a destination (Anywhere, United States, North America for instance) or type in anything, and stops there.

Mercury's not even retrograde anymore...

Oct 18, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #964 of 1,045
Bug in Classifieds?

Trying to make a Headphones listing and it stops at Ships To--won't let me pick a destination (Anywhere, United States, North America for instance) or type in anything, and stops there.

Seems to work fine for me on Google Chrome.
1634602084488.png

Oct 18, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #965 of 1,045
Bug in Classifieds?

What OS and browser are you using? Are you running any JavaScript blocking extensions?

Oct 18, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #966 of 1,045
What OS and browser are you using? Are you running any JavaScript blocking extensions?
First, I really appreciate the superquick responses. Problem not solved yet, though.

I've sold stuff here before without problems, but I think it was before the new Classifieds format.

OS is Mac Mojave 10.14.6.

Now, I've tried creating this listing on Firefox, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi and Safari. Each one has AdBlock Plus or assorted other blockers: Ghostery, UBlock, their own popup blockers.

BUT I have disabled (or marked "trusted") everything available for head-fi.org .

I had uninstalled Chrome a long time ago because the geek press said it was doing too much surveillance. (Brave is Chromium-based but doesn't report back to Google).

But per @MrWalkman , I just reinstalled a completely fresh copy of Chrome, no customization at all, freshly unboxed, unregistered. And as with the other browsers, I got the pop-up list, but nothing would populate the field. Instead:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
  • Please enter a valid message.
  • Please select a prefix.
Any thoughts?

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #969 of 1,045
Bug in classifieds?

Did I lose all my feedback? Haven't been here in a while and I see all of that has been (in theory) migrated to the new system. Did I lose all my feedback? I had like 30-40 trades...

1634680232849.png

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #970 of 1,045
Jan 17, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #971 of 1,045
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared.634201/

The above work & thread, along with personally attending HP meets, are what got me hooked on this hobby. Unfortunately, with platform changes (?), the original posts by David Mahler have become nearly un-readable. Most of the images do not load, and there are a lot of formatting errors, or something. Is it possible to restore David's work back to its original quality? I know some of his reviews are a bit outdated, but many of the HPs he reviewed are still in production today.
Thanks in advance, RCB.

Jan 17, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #972 of 1,045
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared.634201/

The above work & thread, along with personally attending HP meets, are what got me hooked on this hobby. Unfortunately, with platform changes (?), the original posts by David Mahler have become nearly un-readable. Most of the images do not load, and there are a lot of formatting errors, or something. Is it possible to restore David's work back to its original quality? I know some of his reviews are a bit outdated, but many of the HPs he reviewed are still in production today.
Thanks in advance, RCB.

Hello @RCBinTN !

Platform changes and off-site image hosting have messed with that post. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I've bookmarked it and have made a copy of the post content so that I can go through and get it cleaned up as best I can, when I can.

Jan 17, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #973 of 1,045
Great, Joe ... thank you! You guys rock :)
I see new folks commenting there at times, and I go occasionally to read David's review of the HD800 ... my favorite HP to this day.

Feb 6, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #974 of 1,045
Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #975 of 1,045
I am not able to list in classifieds, as others have reported there is no "add listing" button on the front page of the classified section. Maybe you guys are screening each post now, I understand, but I see no other way in besides whining here :tired_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back