New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Jan 29, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #992 of 1,045
Two long standing issues (that I'm sure have been reported before):

- Replacing avatar is an iffy process
- Looking at Classified section on mobile does not give access to 'your listings' area

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #993 of 1,045
Looking at Classified section on mobile does not give access to 'your listings' area

You need to tap the "burger" (three horizontal lines) button to get this.

Screenshot_20230129_215713_Chrome.jpg

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #994 of 1,045
Mar 1, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #995 of 1,045
- Like someone mentioned, replacing the avatar is an iffy process. Maybe it is because there is a time limit before you could change it again. After changing the profile picture, the picture at the top right doesn't really register. This could occur for a few minutes or even a day. But, minor since past and future posts are updated.

- Posting pictures and avatar sizes. Maybe there is a limit to this, but when I try to post a picture that is, let's say 3500 x 6000, the loading is stuck at 1%. For the avatar, not sure if it is because it is iffy but I recall it not taking a 2500 x 2500 picture. It doesn't really matter since the appearing avatar on posts aren't that high resolution. Speaking of which, it would be nice if the profile pictures are more hi-res, but another minor issue.

- I have the mobile app/shortcut which I believe leads me to the site on a browser, but in an app. When browsing the new posts and clicking on a thread then hitting "back" on the browser, it doesn't register that thread as being "read" (meaning the thread is still bolded).

- Not a bug but I was wondering about gifs/moving pictures in avatar. I heard from an old HeadFi-er that his avatar used to be moving. Maybe it is too flashy and consuming but I thought it would be nice to bring back.

Mar 1, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #996 of 1,045
Avatars used to be able to hold gifs, like 2008 or around that time?
- Like someone mentioned, replacing the avatar is an iffy process. Maybe it is because there is a time limit before you could change it again. After changing the profile picture, the picture at the top right doesn't really register. This could occur for a few minutes or even a day. But, minor since past and future posts are updated.

- Posting pictures and avatar sizes. Maybe there is a limit to this, but when I try to post a picture that is, let's say 3500 x 6000, the loading is stuck at 1%. For the avatar, not sure if it is because it is iffy but I recall it not taking a 2500 x 2500 picture. It doesn't really matter since the appearing avatar on posts aren't that high resolution. Speaking of which, it would be nice if the profile pictures are more hi-res, but another minor issue.

- I have the mobile app/shortcut which I believe leads me to the site on a browser, but in an app. When browsing the new posts and clicking on a thread then hitting "back" on the browser, it doesn't register that thread as being "read" (meaning the thread is still bolded).

- Not a bug but I was wondering about gifs/moving pictures in avatar. I heard from an old HeadFi-er that his avatar used to be moving. Maybe it is too flashy and consuming but I thought it would be nice to bring back.

Mar 1, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #998 of 1,045
Mar 1, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #999 of 1,045
There's a bit of a delay between uploading a new avatar and it displaying everywhere on the forums. Head-Fi has a cache for images and after a period of time the cache will update with the replacement image. Once you've received the message showing that you've successfully updated your avatar you'll just need to wait a short while.

When uploading images to the site, the maximum resolution we allow is 5000px in either dimension and 10MB in file size. 2500x2500 is quite large for an avatar, so that could run into some troubles. Try shooting for one around 400px for the best results.

Mar 14, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #1,000 of 1,045
Feature request: another level or two above "Headphoneous Supremus"

Mar 14, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #1,001 of 1,045
Feature request: another level or two above "Headphoneous Supremus"
There are three standard levels of Latin honors, listed below in ascending order:

• cum laude (English: /kuːm ˈlaʊdeɪ/), meaning "with praise", typically awarded to graduates in the top 20%, 25%, or 30% of their class, depending on the institution.[2][3]
  • magna cum laude (/ˈmæɡnə/), meaning "with great praise", typically awarded to graduates in the top 5%, 10%, or 15% of their class, depending on the institution.
  • summa cum laude (/ˈsuːmə/), meaning "with highest praise", typically awarded to graduates in the top 1%, 2%, or 5% of their class, depending on the institution. Some institutions do not award the summa cum laudedistinction or only award it in extraordinary circumstances.
Finally “extra supremo extraordinary” which of course at that time will be awarded the final crown of dignified superiority........The Extra Supremo Extraordinary Headphone. To be warn only in moments of true inspirational motivation!
65539AA7-8A82-472E-BF35-226FEE492553.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #1,002 of 1,045
I've sent 5 PMs, including one to the "Contact us" link since October, and have received no replies. Just today I specifically targeted someone online with the hope they'd see it and reply, but so far, nothing. I also attempted to communicate with someone wanting to buy an amp, but nothing happened there either. Any ideas?

Mar 18, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #1,003 of 1,045
If you're attempting to reach someone via PM to buy an item and they don't respond, most times it's best to move on to another option. Perhaps the seller isn't available, or the item has sold and they're waiting for the transaction to complete before marking it as sold. Whatever the reason, sellers have no obligation to respond to purchase inquiries and there could be any number of reasons they choose not to reply.

Thankfully with the number of Head-Fi'ers who use Head-Fi Classifieds you'll likely be able to find something else to scratch your itch on the marketplace.

Mar 18, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #1,004 of 1,045
If you're attempting to reach someone via PM to buy an item and they don't respond, most times it's best to move on to another option. Perhaps the seller isn't available, or the item has sold and they're waiting for the transaction to complete before marking it as sold. Whatever the reason, sellers have no obligation to respond to purchase inquiries and there could be any number of reasons they choose not to reply.

Thankfully with the number of Head-Fi'ers who use Head-Fi Classifieds you'll likely be able to find something else to scratch your itch on the marketplace.
The person I contacted has posted a wanted ad for an amp. I'm not really concerned that they haven't responded, but that none of the other people, including the admin contact, have responded. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back