NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 15, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #16 of 534
Really, I'm pretty sure they announced some time ago that it was going to be about $280
Was guessing about 250$ not far hehe....can you find where it was announced?
They should tell it in no long tough, its about to be lauch so yep.
It would be nice if Xduoo can make a special price for headfier. Really curious about X20 sound even if I got the Ibasso Dx90 that use same chip.

OH! I found it! Price is 244$! Lauche is mid december (like right now?). ''Out of stock'' from DDaudio (???)
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/XDUO...108.1000016.1.762bb988bBeak9&isOrigTitle=true

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #17 of 534
Was guessing about 250$ not far hehe....can you find where it was announced?
They should tell it in no long tough, its about to be lauch so yep.
It would be nice if Xduoo can make a special price for headfier. Really curious about X20 sound even if I got the Ibasso Dx90 that use same chip.

OH! I found it! Price is 244$! Lauche is mid december (like right now?). ''Out of stock'' from DDaudio (???)
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/XDUO...108.1000016.1.762bb988bBeak9&isOrigTitle=true

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #19 of 534
Given the feedback in the other thread, the D3 is very disappointing. I suspect that X3+ will not interest me either if the battery/playback time is limited, but I may as well ask: is anything else known about the features or when this might be available?
Answer when I ask more Info:
''As to the X10+, and X3+, they are still on the protype, and they are planning to release on the first half year of 2018, so I don't have the detail at the moment.''

If they are still prototype, its TIME NOW to give lot of suggestions so the X3+ became even more addictive and practical than X3. My hope about this upgraded model is super high, X3 was quite a big deal and still compete nicely with sub 150$ DAP.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #20 of 534
Given the feedback in the other thread, the D3 is very disappointing. I suspect that X3+ will not interest me either if the battery/playback time is limited, but I may as well ask: is anything else known about the features or when this might be available?

What would you consider “limited”? 8 hours? 20 hours?

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #21 of 534
For the X20, I will have a more details next week.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #22 of 534
Answer when I ask more Info:
''As to the X10+, and X3+, they are still on the protype, and they are planning to release on the first half year of 2018, so I don't have the detail at the moment.''

If they are still prototype, its TIME NOW to give lot of suggestions so the X3+ became even more addictive and practical than X3. My hope about this upgraded model is super high, X3 was quite a big deal and still compete nicely with sub 150$ DAP.

My dream list for X3+:

- Gapless playback
- Dual card slots
- Hardware lock button (like the x3)
- Custom EQ
- Bluetooth 4.2 and aptX (ie Qualcomm chipset)
- Clear screen that can be seen in sunlight (not dark tinted like the X3)
- Soft start (no loud pop when plugging in headphones)
- low impedance
- line out
- The ability to USE the device at the same time as charging it (just like the X3 can do now when not in USB mode)
- solve the stupid 2-second delay when starting a song (I mean, come on xduoo!)
- NO internal memory! Memory cards can be bought very cheaply and are always coming doewn in price, so there's reason for manufacturers to include a few GB of built-in memory and charge a ripoff price for it!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #23 of 534
Answer when I ask more Info...
...If they are still prototype, its TIME NOW to give lot of suggestions so the X3+...
What would you consider “limited”? 8 hours? 20 hours?
For me, 8 hrs is pathetic and I wouldn't even consider it no matter the other attributes. I considered the Cayin N3 as most people are happy with it, but the claimed 12 hr life was the deal breaker.

25+ hrs is very desirable, but I'd really prefer a lot more and I'm only really impressed by 60-100 hrs.

Long life, both in terms of playback time and fewer charge cycles for battery longevity is important and a priority for an EDC that gets a lot of use.

It's been said so often, but gapless is really must have.

UI needs to be responsive, system memory and CPU power should be so cheap at this point I don't think there is any excuse for the stutters, freezes and pauses that users experience with way too many products.

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #24 of 534
For me, 8 hrs is pathetic and I wouldn't even consider it no matter the other attributes. I considered the Cayin N3 as most people are happy with it, but the claimed 12 hr life was the deal breaker.

25+ hrs is very desirable, but I'd really prefer a lot more and I'm only really impressed by 60-100 hrs.

Long life, both in terms of playback time and fewer charge cycles for battery longevity is important and a priority for an EDC that gets a lot of use.

It's been said so often, but gapless is really must have.

UI needs to be responsive, system memory and CPU power should be so cheap at this point I don't think there is any excuse for the stutters, freezes and pauses that users experience with way too many products.

WHat....euh, to achieve that I think it take away amping power as well a external dac chip, both needing quite a lot of power. 20H+ always come from little player strangely, I like my Benjie S5 for its infinite battery life. One good way to expend battery life is using external battery pack...remember how it change my life when I buy one for 10$ in Ali, a 10000mah that I was lucky is of good quality.

Oh, and this is because its impossible to get a real hifi DAP with 20.....60H playtime that i'm OBSESS about CHANGEABLE battery concept. like, if its 10h, you bring to extra battery and voila, 30h of playback!

I'm curious to know the DAP with longer battery life on market right now. Any idea???

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #25 of 534
...DAP with longer battery life on market right now. Any idea???
Cowon is the brand I mainly associate with very long battery life, there are several discontinued models with 60-100 hrs and more. Before they were discontinued those occupied the niche I'm talking about. Right now Plenue D is a current product with 100+ hrs claimed for mp3 and 50 hrs for flac, but the new Plenue J is only just over half that unfortunately. You may ask why not buy one of these, well the PD is about 2 years old now and the UI is sluggish, the price has not fallen to reflect its' age. The J model is same price as D in Korea, but so far for Europe it's being sold at a higher price than the D.

I think the obsession with hi-fi and power has compromised too much of the portability and utility of DAPs. Not everyone agrees, but I know some do: we don't need every DAP to power demanding headphones, something sufficient for IEM and earbuds is enough.

A few Chinese players exist with long playback time, but so far they suffer from poor UI and no gapless. You might think I'm asking too much, but bear in mind that Apple and others had the UI nailed 15 years ago, and from the 2nd/3rd gen the iPod Nano was capable of 24 hrs playback time and sounded OK. The tech has been around for a long time and the concept is long since proven, but all the big brands quit the market entirely or focus only on higher end players.

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #26 of 534
Well, IMO manufacturers don't care that much about battery life because they no longer have to. The average person will use his phone to listen to music and phones are getting better and better. So DAP manufacturers try to focus on the sound quality and power output first, coz they cater to people looking for this first. Nowadays, you can plug and charge your DAP anywhere, you can almost always borrow a cable if you don't have one. you can buy a power bank and charge your gear several times a day if you want - even my backpack has a USB plug and I can charge my stuff and still use it while walking around.

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 534
even my backpack has a USB plug and I can charge my stuff and still use it while walking around.

Ha - hardcore! :beerchug:

You are right, but IMO it would be nice to get at least 10 hours (more preferably) to safely get through the day.

Dec 17, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #28 of 534
Well, IMO manufacturers don't care that much about battery life because they no longer have to. The average person will use his phone to listen to music and phones are getting better and better. So DAP manufacturers try to focus on the sound quality and power output first, coz they cater to people looking for this first. Nowadays, you can plug and charge your DAP anywhere, you can almost always borrow a cable if you don't have one. you can buy a power bank and charge your gear several times a day if you want - even my backpack has a USB plug and I can charge my stuff and still use it while walking around.
Yeah...it happen lot of time that one player is discharged, so i'm like no problem, I have 2 other in my back pack, but both are discharged and so....I take this smarthassphone out, look at him like he smell very bad and finally, take out an external DAC...and five minutes later the phone battery is discharged cause it really is incredible how some external dac-amp can take all power of a phone, real hungry batery vampire! Oh, but I have my batterypack as well too:wink: This is my real savior, and it charge FAST!

Dec 17, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #29 of 534
Yeah...it happen lot of time that one player is discharged, so i'm like no problem, I have 2 other in my back pack, but both are discharged and so....I take this smarthassphone out, look at him like he smell very bad and finally, take out an external DAC...and five minutes later the phone battery is discharged cause it really is incredible how some external dac-amp can take all power of a phone, real hungry batery vampire! Oh, but I have my batterypack as well too:wink: This is my real savior, and it charge FAST!

Good story. Sounds familiar. Well, until recently when I discovered that my phone's audio quality on it's own is pretty good, and more importantly good enough for me (also my phone's battery lasts pretty well). So now I'm saved from the above scenario (except that I'm also using bluetooth devices a lot now, so they always need to be charged up and ready to go).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back