No veto sound beaming! No more headphones!
Nov 15, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #16 of 23
It sounds to me as an intelligent speaker that follows your head movement to track your ear's position so that it can focus the sounds specifically to your ears from a distance. Is this poasible? Can we focus sounda to that extent?

I have experienced focus sounds, and it was donw with elwcteostatic Matin Logand which has a sweetspot, but not to the extens of iaolation like headphones.

From what I understand sounds moves radially outword like apoint source. It all dependa how beaming is possible with sound waves. Which I doubt sound can be beamed to the point of isolation.
I think you are missing the most contentious element.

The Martin Logan speakers will be radiating sound waves, within the 20Hz to 20kHz range that can be heard by humans.

The technology that was supposed to be demonstrated on the 13th, uses ultrasonic waves (so above 20kHz, and outside the human hearing range), and magically the thin air in these sound pockets, converts these ultrasonic waves into sound waves below 20kHz, which can be heard by humans.

Google the name of the company, and you will find almost a decade of investor and crowdfunding exercises, raising millions of dollars during that period.
Until it is explained how the thin air in those sound pockets, works their magic, then I will continue to believe that gullible investors are being scammed.

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #17 of 23
I think you are missing the most contentious element.

The Martin Logan speakers will be radiating sound waves, within the 20Hz to 20kHz range that can be heard by humans.

The technology that was supposed to be demonstrated on the 13th, uses ultrasonic waves (so above 20kHz, and outside the human hearing range), and magically the thin air in these sound pockets, converts these ultrasonic waves into sound waves below 20kHz, which can be heard by humans.

Google the name of the company, and you will find almost a decade of investor and crowdfunding exercises, raising millions of dollars during that period.
Until it is explained how the thin air in those sound pockets, works their magic, then I will continue to believe that gullible investors are being scammed.
I was just stating thta Martin Logan is the extent I've heard focused sound, but isn't so focused like it's isolated. sound pockets do sound weird, they have to provide details on it. Doesn't sound physically plausible.

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #19 of 23
Yeah but, that's still electrixal transmission which is nothing new. Only difference is that what you say isn't technically a headphone, but a bone conduction sensing, which is generally in the same rwalm of wireless headphones. For those that ear drums do not transmit air vibration sound infoemation to the brain.

Yeah, I know the cochlear thing isn't the same as this thing purports to be.

Another thing that it could possibly be based on is a laser mic or similar. It could be aimed at someone speaking and the reflection back to the operator could be heard, maybe this thing shines an invisible laser beam at you and bingo, you have 3d audio that only the user could hear ?

If what the company says it can do is true, this thing could be a game changer for certain situations, one of them will no doubt be for the military, if it didn't arise from them in the first place.

We shall see if it's a scam or for real pretty soon.

Edit;

Maybe it works on the same principle ( but with other hardware inside of it ) as Audeze Mobious headphones, it tracks your head and changes the sound accordingly.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #20 of 23
You can use the AI to do so, but that isn’t anything ground breaking as someone just mentioned....it is called “speakers”, then you can make it to be a “smart speakers” which auto follow your head movements to some extends

You essentially seat at the right spot, or “sweet spot” to get the best immersive experiences.

But other people around you would still hear the sounds, in the while the company is claiming it being a different thing

Are you referring to me and my previous post about cochlear stimulation ? As if you are, I never said or mentioned it or anything being groundbreaking as, as far as I know, it could be a scam or a piece of schiit.

Nov 15, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #21 of 23
Are you referring to me and my previous post about cochlear stimulation ? As if you are, I never said or mentioned it or anything being groundbreaking as, as far as I know, it could be a scam or a piece of schiit.
It was a respond to @SilverEars , and yeah I agree that this sounds just with too much bS lol

Nov 15, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #22 of 23
It was a respond to @SilverEars , and yeah I agree that this sounds just with too much bS lol

Sorry, my bad ;D

Yeah, I'm in the same camp as you all are, it being a scam, but if it is true, I would of thought the military would of scoped it up for devious purposes, like Guantanamo Bay and the church where General Noriega took refuge in.

The detainees were subjected to loud music for days and in some cases off and on for years. With this new thing, everyone close by wouldn't hear the music and they would all get a good nights sleep, except the detainees.

Nov 15, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #23 of 23
It's called speakers.

Speakers. Lol

The elaborate showrooms.....where the selling takes place come stocked with a new low calorie diet clear refreshing beverage which is 100% completely natural.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back