Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 19, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #25,321 of 36,096

It varies, so if u cant see them, certainly don't use force while using the jodi vac

Otherwise that may be put a real damper on the situation. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #25,322 of 36,096
Does anyone have comparisons on how the Katana sounds vs the Kaiser Encore? I got to listen to the whole lineup except the Katana today, Kaiser Encore blew me away. Wondering if the Katana is thinner or thicker than the Encore and what the differences are in bass specifically (impact/extension)

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #25,323 of 36,096
  Does anyone have comparisons on how the Katana sounds vs the Kaiser Encore? I got to listen to the whole lineup except the Katana today, Kaiser Encore blew me away. Wondering if the Katana is thinner or thicker than the Encore and what the differences are in bass specifically (impact/extension)

Im writing reviews for both the Katana and the Encore.  My Encore review should come out in the next week or so.  In that review, I will directly compare the two.

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #25,324 of 36,096

Thinner, at the ankles but thicker at the hips

Sorensinn has both the Katana and the Encore, also Chodi has both as well.    

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 20, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #25,325 of 36,096

I did give the Katana a small listen at CanJam, the bad thing about it, the clarity is so damn good its turning me away from the Encore and the K10. Until the Katana came to life its easy to pick the best in the Noble line, now its not that easy. About all I can contribute for now is the Encore is the K10 with the bar raised in the clarity a bit but not as much as the Katana. So you do get the fun the OG K10 gave with some nice improvements.

The Katana on the other is a little less in the low bass region but much better in the clarity department, it was the very first thing I noticed when I tried them. The bass is still there when the track has it, so don't think its lacking. Katana reference type of sound, Encore the fun factor sound, this is going to come down to personal preference more so than any other time in the Noble days, even though personal preference is such a cliche.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #25,326 of 36,096

I did give the Katana a small listen at CanJam, the bad thing about it, the clarity is so damn good its turning me away from the Encore and the K10. Until the Katana came to life its easy to pick the best in the Noble line, now its not that easy. About all I can contribute for now is the Encore is the K10 with the bar raised in the clarity a bit but not as much as the Katana. So you do get the fun the OG K10 gave with some nice improvements.

The Katana on the other is a little less in the low bass region but much better in the clarity department, it was the very first thing I noticed when I tried them. The bass is still there when the track has it, so don't think its lacking. Katana reference type of sound, Encore the fun factor sound, this is going to come down to personal preference more so than any other time in the Noble days, even though personal preference is such a cliche.

I'm not sure if this was me having a poor fit from universals but I LOVED everything about the Encore except I felt that in the lowest sub-bass registers (<50 hz) it wasn't as present as I'd have liked. I have a few songs I test on my speakers where you barely hear but do hear the rumble on some songs and it wasn't fully coming through on the Encore's.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #25,327 of 36,096

I'm not sure if this was me having a poor fit from universals but I LOVED everything about the Encore except I felt that in the lowest sub-bass registers (<50 hz) it wasn't as present as I'd have liked. I have a few songs I test on my speakers where you barely hear but do hear the rumble on some songs and it wasn't fully coming through on the Encore's.

Every universal I test, I have to push them in to get the best sound. It doesn't matter what tips or what IEM I try the results are the same. It does make it harder for me to judge them, but I get it done because I know what I have to do. I have the Encore with me, but its a universal, when I use them and push them in, the same bass is there as my custom K10.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #25,328 of 36,096

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 20, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #25,329 of 36,096

Every universal I test, I have to push them in to get the best sound. It doesn't matter what tips or what IEM I try the results are the same. It does make it harder for me to judge them, but I get it done because I know what I have to do. I have the Encore with me, but its a universal, when I use them and push them in, the same bass is there as my custom K10.

This is great to know! Yeah I didn't like the rolled off treble of my custom K10 but loved the bass/mids. These encore universals seemed perfect in mids/treble (sparkle is here now!) and great bass but the last mile of the bass wasn't there. Thinking Custom Encore's will be my next purchase :) 

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #25,330 of 36,096

This is great to know! Yeah I didn't like the rolled off treble of my custom K10 but loved the bass/mids. These encore universals seemed perfect in mids/treble (sparkle is here now!) and great bass but the last mile of the bass wasn't there. Thinking Custom Encore's will be my next purchase :) 

I know this isn't new information, but nothing is going to sound good without the proper seal and fit. I envy people that can use universals and get the same experience as I do with customs. On the other hand, without me getting some universals to test from Noble, I cant help people, so just know, I suffer for you all. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #25,331 of 36,096

I know this isn't new information, but nothing is going to sound good without the proper seal and fit. I envy people that can use universals and get the same experience as I do with customs. On the other hand, without me getting some universals to test from Noble, I cant help people, so just know, I suffer for you all. 
wink_face.gif

The only universals I've ever had fit me well are the Rhapsodio Galaxy's haha

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #25,332 of 36,096
BTW John, at CanJam, Gary had his custom Katana in the Noble round case. Perfect fit for those and the stock cable, it looked like he even had a little extra room. I still use mine with my K10 the 24AWG cable and a silica pack, have not cracked them, knock on wood.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #25,333 of 36,096

The only universals I've ever had fit me well are the Rhapsodio Galaxy's haha

I have to be honest, I have only tried tips that come with the Noble stuff, spinfits etc, I have no experience with. I tried the Nomad from Echobox at CanJam, not sure about the tips, but same thing applied, pressing in on them yielded better sound.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #25,334 of 36,096

I have to be honest, I have only tried tips that come with the Noble stuff, spinfits etc, I have no experience with. I tried the Nomad from Echobox at CanJam, not sure about the tips, but same thing applied, pressing in on them yielded better sound.

Ahh yeah I use Spiral Dots those seem to be solid for me, I have comply tips too but they're kinda worn out and you get a good seal but it's different as foam vs silicon

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #25,335 of 36,096

Ahh yeah I use Spiral Dots those seem to be solid for me, I have comply tips too but they're kinda worn out and you get a good seal but it's different as foam vs silicon

Currently I have the medium size blue tips on the Encore. I just took them out after about 30 seconds of dammit, I still have to push on them. The sound difference is pretty easy to notice, the sub bass drops off and the sound gets way too bright and airy. It would make daily listening pretty much terrible, I surely cant sit there walking around etc etc having to push them in. So, Wata is a custom guy all the way, not to mention the sick design work Noble does. I really hope people read this and take the time if they are testing to push in on anything, not just Noble stuff, but anything just so they make sure what they are listening to are giving them the best at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back