Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 7, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #33,976 of 36,096
Love the transparent sound by Kublai Khan. It's not difficult to drive, however it'll be totally different if you use more powerful sources to drive it, also it's better to replace the og cable, the og cable compressed Kublai's performance . I find kann max and ps silver+ with Kublai Khan is a great combo.

Attachments

• IMG_20220704_014954.jpg
    IMG_20220704_014954.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 8, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #33,980 of 36,096
Agreed, this hobby is definitely personal down to how we all hear differently have very different preferences.

I really like the Ghengis Khan more than the Sultan. So I’m excited for the Kublai Khan. I wish I could have the chance to hear the Viking but that might be close to impossible 😂
After having written around 60 reviews, I find that it is more than simple subjectivity. So many factors affect how we hear and whether or not IEMs resonate with us. I found my perception to change from one day to the next and back again. These days I can even feel quite well what type of signature will work for me on a given day. It is fascinating from a scientist's perspective, but also frustrating from a reviewer's perspective because it requires a lot of time to get to know IEMs well enough to write a minimally informative review.

Still consider the Viking among the very best looking IEMs with amazing craftsmanship. Would love to see what you could do with those in your studio.

Jul 8, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #33,981 of 36,096
After having written around 60 reviews, I find that it is more than simple subjectivity. So many factors affect how we hear and whether or not IEMs resonate with us. I found my perception to change from one day to the next and back again. These days I can even feel quite well what type of signature will work for me on a given day. It is fascinating from a scientist's perspective, but also frustrating from a reviewer's perspective because it requires a lot of time to get to know IEMs well enough to write a minimally informative review.

Still consider the Viking among the very best looking IEMs with amazing craftsmanship. Would love to see what you could do with those in your studio.
That’s the thing too lol
My mood changes quite frequently. I’m lucky enough to multiple IEMs/HPs on hand and I go through them usually on rotation but nowadays I do it based on my mood haha

The Viking definitely is one of the most gorgeous looking IEMs I’ve ever seen online. I would love to see what I could do with them in my studio as well lmao

Jul 8, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #33,982 of 36,096
Had the Kublai Khan for about two weeks now, so thought I’d get round to posting some impressions over on Audio Primate. Link is below if anyone is interested… They are quite long, so you have been warned!

https://audioprimate.blog/2022/07/08/noble-audio-kublai-khan-initial-impressions/

TL;DR - these are VERY well tuned, with a balanced but still musical FR and some excellent technicalities. Definitely the most enjoyable Noble model I’ve heard to date Kudos to @FullCircle and the Noble team. This one deserves to be a hit. And it looks awesome. :wink:

Jul 8, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #33,983 of 36,096
Cross post from "The Watercolor" thread:

Kublai Kahn seems to be out and about. It is wonderful to get different impressions from different ears!

On that note, I am coming out of my HP sojourn, and I am back firing up IEMs. I just received both Noble Kublai Kahn and Noble Jade:

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

Kublai took what I liked about Khan (detail/clarity) and added a lot to it: staging, palpable sub bass bone conduction, thicker mids, and very clear non-fatiguing treble. And the detail retrieval is a star on top of all of that!

Jade is the epitome of a fun W sound. Fun mid bass bump with appropriately forward mids/vocals. It is fun and coherent. Hard combo to come by.

I will post more impressions over the next few weeks on this thread and @SeeSax and I will get a joint Kublai Khan review posted by the second week of August. Leroy, the fictitious grumpy and rough around the edges interviewer has been found deep in the bowels of an unnamed country. He will be interviewing SeeSax and me for the review. Leroy will also be interviewing John as part of the review.

I should get a review out for Jade shortly thereafter.

Jul 9, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #33,984 of 36,096
Had the Kublai Khan for about two weeks now, so thought I’d get round to posting some impressions over on Audio Primate. Link is below if anyone is interested… They are quite long, so you have been warned!

https://audioprimate.blog/2022/07/08/noble-audio-kublai-khan-initial-impressions/

TL;DR - these are VERY well tuned, with a balanced but still musical FR and some excellent technicalities. Definitely the most enjoyable Noble model I’ve heard to date Kudos to @FullCircle and the Noble team. This one deserves to be a hit. And it looks awesome. :wink:
Really nice to see you back writing reviews. It's been a while, but I have seen a few pop up recently. 👍

Kublai Kahn seems to be out and about. It is wonderful to get different impressions from different ears!

On that note, I am coming out of my HP sojourn, and I am back firing up IEMs. I just received both Noble Kublai Kahn and Noble Jade:

Kublai took what I liked about Khan (detail/clarity) and added a lot to it: staging, palpable sub bass bone conduction, thicker mids, and very clear non-fatiguing treble. And the detail retrieval is a star on top of all of that!

Jade is the epitome of a fun W sound. Fun mid bass bump with appropriately forward mids/vocals. It is fun and coherent. Hard combo to come by.

I will post more impressions over the next few weeks on this thread and @SeeSax and I will get a joint Kublai Khan review posted by the second week of August. Leroy, the fictitious grumpy and rough around the edges interviewer has been found deep in the bowels of an unnamed country. He will be interviewing SeeSax and me for the review. Leroy will also be interviewing John as part of the review.

Love the creativity you guys are putting into these reviews! 😁 I was thinking you could come up with a caricature named 'Steve', a hopelessly addicted audiophile with a pathological need to rotate TOTL gear on a weekly basis or he develops withdrawal symptoms a starts spending money on random other things like expensive chef's knives, but then I remembered that it would just be @SeeSax being himself. 😅

Not that I don't see the irony in me joking like that because I really NEED to get a new set of kitchen knives myself. The Zwilling chef's knife I bought a few weeks ago just isn't cutting it (pardon the pun). 😅

Jul 9, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #33,985 of 36,096
Victor sent this photo to me today.
This is actually where it all began.
I stepped on my wife's blue tooth, breaking the dynamic driver module off.

If you ever met her, you would know that I had committed a cardinal sin.... by killing her blue tooth I had wasted money.

So I took her blue tooth, built a custom mold & loaded a spare hearing aid driver into the mold.

Screenshot_20220710-004638_LINE.jpg
1657388810934.jpg

The process was a blast to me, and I found it to be rather therapeutic.

From there, I decided to re-shell a pair of IEMs I had sitting in a drawer as they were uncomfortable to wear.

I was hooked & verything started to spiral from that point on.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 10, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #33,987 of 36,096
Kublai and Noble Friends:

IMG_2583.jpg

Each one has its own distinct signature from the "Delectable Dancer" Sultan to "La Joie de Vivre" Wizard Edition Katana! We will see what review titles the Kublai Khan and Jade get.

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #33,988 of 36,096
Kublai and Noble Friends:

Each one has its own distinct signature from the "Delectable Dancer" Sultan to "La Joie de Vivre" Wizard Edition Katana! We will see what review titles the Kublai Khan and Jade get.
Very nice! I’m looking forward to your impressions.

Jul 11, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #33,989 of 36,096

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

Sounds like Jade is next up on my to-try list from the Noble line-up.

Jul 12, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #33,990 of 36,096
I'm not one to miss a Noble release either! Add me to the ranks of folks who are discovering how awesome the Kublai Khan is, and am excited to share the journey with @SLC1966. I owned the original Khan, and am really pleased to see that these have the same DNA with some refinements and enhancements. The bass is spectacular, with such a clean sub-bass rumble. Treble is pitch perfect and sheds a bit of the sparkle and energy from the original in favor of a more natural sound. Mids are super detailed, providing an airy quality that brings clarity to the signature. They look super cool too :)

1657658711126.png

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back