Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Jan 25, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #721 of 799
Have any of you tried to fix the 3.5 mm out? Mine stopped working as I mentioned in a previous post and I'd like to know about it.
I had that problem, or something similar. It turned out to be a dirty socket. Cotton buds (or Q-tip) and alcohol solved it for me. Hope that's all it takes to solve yours.

Jan 27, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #724 of 799
I had that problem, or something similar. It turned out to be a dirty socket. Cotton buds (or Q-tip) and alcohol solved it for me. Hope that's all it takes to solve yours.
After trying your solution I have to say it turned to work pretty well. Anyway it looks like more than just a dirty socket problem, because after fiddling a bit with it the headphones automatic detection option didn't work well, but I was fiddling a little more with the socket and some cotton buds and everything is working fine ATM. Anyway I won't make it my everyday phone since I'm used now to my Xiaomi Mi A2 and Hidizs Sonata cable combination. Android 9 and awesome sound quality is too good to ditch it.
Anyway a big THANK YOU!!

Jan 27, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #725 of 799
After trying your solution I have to say it turned to work pretty well. Anyway it looks like more than just a dirty socket problem, because after fiddling a bit with it the headphones automatic detection option didn't work well, but I was fiddling a little more with the socket and some cotton buds and everything is working fine ATM. Anyway I won't make it my everyday phone since I'm used now to my Xiaomi Mi A2 and Hidizs Sonata cable combination. Android 9 and awesome sound quality is too good to ditch it.
Anyway a big THANK YOU!!
What is the sound quality of the Sonata cable compared to the Granbeat?

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #727 of 799
What is the sound quality of the Sonata cable compared to the Granbeat?
I would say (grosso modo) the Granbeat sound is warmer and more refined, meanwhile the Sonata II sounds raw and a little more... Rude? All this not in a bad way, just different. Maybe you can say the Granbeat suits better with a pair of Grados and the Sonata II would suit better with the German Maestro GMP, for example.

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #729 of 799
Do you find any advantage using this app? I'm curious.
The app alone is not sufficient. It will need the Creative Super Xfi Amp. The app serves for calibration.
With the amp I get a feeeling like I listen to a speaker setup placed in a medium sized room, not this sound IN my head. There can be a little loss of details.
At all it makes no sense, buying an audio device with built in high end DACs and then use an external DAC. :frowning2:

I have some questions about the audio routing on the Granbeat.
The Sxfi Amp acts as external USB-DAC. If any app f.i. the stock one plays 4.0, 5.1 or 7.1, what will be delivered to the DAC?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #730 of 799
The SXFi amp is great for the specific use of watching movie, but not so much for music. I'm not sure if Granbeat can output 5.1 or 7.1, not sure how Android behaves either, though I doubt Granbeat could support more than 2 channel. (It can't even get HD from Netflix for some reason)

The SXFi amp can be configured to 7.1 in Windows though.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #732 of 799
Well, there is nothing really new here... No new update, no new phone, nothing... :frowning2:

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #733 of 799
^
It's a 2 year old phone now. Technically severely outdated. Likely still a good dap but phone? Not so much. Wait, did I just summarize the reviews from 2 years ago?

I would love to see a 2020 iteration of a mobile audiophile phone. Probably would buy it if the price was right.

Apr 21, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #735 of 799
Do you have problem with Tidal streaming MQA? I got frequent skipping that introduce high pitched noise every now and then. :frowning2:
I have the same problem with noise every time I use tidal or any other apps (eg. youtube, xiami) with both sockets but no problem with the local files when play with built-in players. Also when I switched to line-out mode, there is no high pitch noise nor skipping associated. Kinda having a headache about it because most of my files are in tidal:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back