Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Apr 23, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #736 of 799
I have the same problem with noise every time I use tidal or any other apps (eg. youtube, xiami) with both sockets but no problem with the local files when play with built-in players. Also when I switched to line-out mode, there is no high pitch noise nor skipping associated. Kinda having a headache about it because most of my files are in tidal:frowning2:
There is an option in the sound and notifications submenu, Lock Range Adjust, with "Wide" "Normal" and "Narrow" settings, maybe if you try and set it in Wide will help you?

May 25, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #740 of 799
Ever since Tidal update 2.11.8 my DP-X1A and DP-CMX1 are experiencing Bluetooth issues using Tidal in my car.

Issue #1: The Tidal is playing on my DPX1A (counter is moving) but my car display says "device is paused", no music is playing.
Issue #2: If I manage to get Tidal playing (with audio) on my DP-CMX1 there is no song or album metadata on the cars display.

Other music apps work fine and I had to downgrade to Tidal 2.11.7 to make Tidal work again with Bluetooth in my car. :astonished:

IS anyone having issue with playing Tidal offline content via Bluetooth in their CAR using latest version of Tidal and Onkyo devices??? :angry:

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #741 of 799
Ever since Tidal update 2.11.8 my DP-X1A and DP-CMX1 are experiencing Bluetooth issues using Tidal in my car.

Issue #1: The Tidal is playing on my DPX1A (counter is moving) but my car display says "device is paused", no music is playing.
Issue #2: If I manage to get Tidal playing (with audio) on my DP-CMX1 there is no song or album metadata on the cars display.

Other music apps work fine and I had to downgrade to Tidal 2.11.7 to make Tidal work again with Bluetooth in my car. :astonished:

IS anyone having issue with playing Tidal offline content via Bluetooth in their CAR using latest version of Tidal and Onkyo devices??? :angry:
I'm having a very similar one. A lot of times when I connect through BT with my car audio, first of all, it takes a lot of time to sync between devices. Second, most of the times I'm unable to play music from the car audio and I have to press play in the tidal app. Another problem I'm having (and kinda off what you're asking) is that I'm unable to use Aptx codec even when both devices are Aptx compliant.

May 25, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #742 of 799
I'm having a very similar one. A lot of times when I connect through BT with my car audio, first of all, it takes a lot of time to sync between devices. Second, most of the times I'm unable to play music from the car audio and I have to press play in the tidal app. Another problem I'm having (and kinda off what you're asking) is that I'm unable to use Aptx codec even when both devices are Aptx compliant.

Your car head unit has Aptx? (congrats!)

Try downgrading to Tidal v2.11.7, it fixed my BT issues.

Also, turn off automatic updating for Tidal in play store or it will reinstall latest version again.

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #743 of 799
Hi guys,

Looking to replace my iPhone. Is the granbeat still viable as a daily phone? If it is only used for music, browse the web and play games like Summoners war. Is there another phone you would recomend besides the granbeat? How do the LG G8 and LG v50 compare? I've been carrying my iPhone and a Chord hugo for a few months now and wanted something easier to carry around. Any help would be appreciated thanks guys!

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #744 of 799
I wouldn't want to use the Granbeat as daily phone nowadays. The screen is quite small, the body is quite thick and boxy, which isn't really comfortable to handle. Compared to Hugo, this will definitely a downgrade in terms of sound quality.

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #745 of 799
Finally I changed from my Granbeat to a LG V30 Plus and I'm quite happy so far. Now I'm planning to use the Onkyo at home as a streamer device, but I'm not sure if it's better using the phone DAC and buying only a headphone amp, or use it only as a source and buying a separate DAC/amp. What do you people think?

Jun 21, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #746 of 799
Really depends to your planned setup. Personally, I think Granbeat DAC is still quite good, so you can start invest in a good amp first. You can always upgrade the DAC later. That is, unless you are aiming at a certain DAC/amp combo.

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #747 of 799
Really depends to your planned setup. Personally, I think Granbeat DAC is still quite good, so you can start invest in a good amp first. You can always upgrade the DAC later. That is, unless you are aiming at a certain DAC/amp combo.
I think you are right. I'm also thinking about a neutral or maybe slightly bright amp since the Granbeat has a kind of warm signature, at least to my ears. Am I right? What models would you recommend? I'm thinking about 300 euros as my budget.

Jun 21, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #748 of 799
I think you are right. I'm also thinking about a neutral or maybe slightly bright amp since the Granbeat has a kind of warm signature, at least to my ears. Am I right? What models would you recommend? I'm thinking about 300 euros as my budget.

I'm not really familiar with desktop amp, so my knowledge here is limited. I have only tried Jotunheim, Lyr3 and Gilmore mk2 on this price range, which I think I prefer the Lyr3.

I won't say Granbeat as being warm, maybe slightly but it shouldn't change much of the way the amp sound.

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #749 of 799
I wouldn't want to use the Granbeat as daily phone nowadays. The screen is quite small, the body is quite thick and boxy, which isn't really comfortable to handle. Compared to Hugo, this will definitely a downgrade in terms of sound quality.

Thank you jeffri for replying and giving me your view on changing to a granbeat as a daily phone. After some consideration I decided to give it a shot and see if I could live with the compromise of the screen size and luxury ease of use of newer phones. But I definitely agree that the sound quality is a downgrade from running my iPhone and Hugo. But the ease of only having 1 thing to keep track of battery levels and wires and ease of only having to bring just one device, out weighs the downgrade in sound quality during my daily transport for now. Could be due to it being a new toy but I will see if I still feel this way after a month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back