Oppo HA-2 SE
Mar 8, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #316 of 371
Join the club, Ive had this problem ever since I got the X when it came out last year.

i have just learned to live with it, from my experience, the audio cuts out less when the battery is around 60% or less. No amount of different apps, cables or anything seems to help with this issue. Just live with it unless there's some kind of firmware update or something....
Well that’s a pisser. Luckily, I just bought it direct from Oppo so it’s going right back. That’s not acceptable to me.

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #319 of 371
Has anyone tried HA-2 SE with a blackberry keyone, android, which uses a USB C? I have PM 3 and HE 400i currently using a fiio alpen 2 DAC/amp, and would love to order a refurbed HA-2 se but worried about all the connection issues people have mentioned with Iphone. I haven't heard of any issues with android but Blackberry can always get something wrong haha. Pictures of the set-up would be fantastic, so I can drool, I love the Keyone and think the size and colors would look so sharp together with the dac...currently can't really afford it but hopefully in the next month or two :) Any other comments at all about how the HA-2 se will work with my phones in comparison to the fiio alpen 2 would be awesome as well.

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #321 of 371
Is anybody using their HA-2 with a Samsung Galaxy S9 with USB-C? I have tried all sorts of cables and adapters and I cannot avoid the phone charging the HA-2. Oppo Digital does a "special" short USB-C cable, which I am trying to get my hands on through a retailer but so far none that I have checked have it.

Going by other posts here and elsewhere, any connectivity between the HA-2 and any USB-C source will be problematic. From what I can tell this is something to do with how OTG works and whether the correct pin is lifted from ground or not on the correct side of the cable. It would be interesting to find out what exactly makes the Oppo Digital cable "special" and why other OTG cables and adapters are not working the way we want.

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #323 of 371
I feel like it may be the stock cable causing the disruption, has anyone tried anything else?
I think it may have something to do with the physical usb port that doesn't maintain a strong connection with the cable itself. I have given up using the HA-2se when I'm moving around because the connection breaks up too much. Now I just use it as a portable dac/amp for work because it has zero issues when on a desk.

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #324 of 371
Yeah I was thinking that too
I think it may have something to do with the physical usb port that doesn't maintain a strong connection with the cable itself. I have given up using the HA-2se when I'm moving around because the connection breaks up too much. Now I just use it as a portable dac/amp for work because it has zero issues when on a desk.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Pity because I quite liked having this paired with my phone. I wonder if the aftermarket cables might help like these ones
https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=97

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #325 of 371
Yeah I was thinking that too

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Pity because I quite liked having this paired with my phone. I wonder if the aftermarket cables might help like these ones
https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=97
I have moved on to the fiio Q5. Works great with the iPhone and has a few extra features, too. Slightly more expensive but the Oppo is worth nothing to me if it is so annoying I can’t use it.

Mar 21, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #327 of 371
I have moved on to the fiio Q5. Works great with the iPhone and has a few extra features, too. Slightly more expensive but the Oppo is worth nothing to me if it is so annoying I can’t use it.

I was looking at that too, my only reservation is the site relevant to the iPhone. The Oppo just seems to fit so nicely. Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back