Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 19, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #7,936 of 8,034
Yeah, that's the first place I checked too.
A little too late I guess 🫠

I would ping them anyway, some retailers get limited quantities and can request more from the source if anything is available. However, Ti was a limited release, so who knows? Maybe it's just like Amber Pearl or Storm OG...

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #7,937 of 8,034
I’m sure this question has been asked before but I’ll ask again. The bird is pretty much my favorite iem. My issue is fit. It’s a little shallow for me.

I’ve tried EVERYTHING including the brass/copper tip tips. The best for me so far is Azla Origin because of the way it extends out.

Is there anything better out there?

I may need to go to Japan :)

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #7,938 of 8,034
I’m sure this question has been asked before but I’ll ask again. The bird is pretty much my favorite iem. My issue is fit. It’s a little shallow for me.

I’ve tried EVERYTHING including the brass/copper tip tips. The best for me so far is Azla Origin because of the way it extends out.

Is there anything better out there?

I may need to go to Japan :)

Maybe try foam eartips, like Symbio F? It fits the Bird's nozzle and these eartips don't attenuate treble as much as other foamies.

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #7,939 of 8,034
Maybe try foam eartips, like Symbio F? It fits the Bird's nozzle and these eartips don't attenuate treble as much as other foamies.
I'm gonna give these a shot. Thank you! (Love your reviews btw)

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #7,941 of 8,034
Finally got the new and pretty grey series ear tips from Jaben Oriolus China after loooong time shipping, had to admit that it becomes my favorite tip on birds for now. Also I heard it becomes the standard ear tips for Trailli Ti when they demo on the Chinese HiFi forums.

In short, or maybe not, the new tips retain the expansive soundstaging of the original generation while enhancing the audio signature. Improvements include better mid-bass response, more refined imaging in the low-mid range, and improved sibilance control. The introduction of more sizes and the use of harder silicone material also cater to a broader range of ear shapes, maintaining the soundstage design of the first generation.

Interestingly, the new tips now come in six sizes, ranging from SS to LL. Previously, I found the medium size slightly too small, while the large was too big. In this new lineup, I initially tried sizes M and ML. The ML provided a great seal, enhancing the bass response significantly, but due to the new harder silicone material and slightly larger fit, it was uncomfortable for prolonged use. However, after experimenting for a few days, I shifted to the LL size. Surprisingly, it fit perfectly—comfortably snug around the outer ear area without any pain, offering a sturdy fit.

I would really recommend to try those new tips if they would introduce to north america for sale.

As alternative ones, I would suggest the Azla SE1500 which would find on their own IEM or the VE Phonix Limited, as well as the Azla SednaEarfit short grey. Both would guarentee the top tier sound quality from the bird as tips functionality under friendly wearing side of the Azla family. And SE1500 with freq range(low, mid, high) focus on 3, 4, 3 and Azla short grey with 3.5, 3.5, 3.

The SE1500 would sacrifce the transverse sound stage for certain extent but is perfect for popluar music with much forward and more intimate mid-range. The Azla Short grey would be the all rounder. Of cause the stronger ear guys would pick the original Azla SednaEarfit Black.:)

***********************SOMETHING WEIRD***************************
The internal name from the Jaben for the new tips is quite interesting, 'Fifty Shades of Grey'. With coincidence or not to the 'erotic' movie, the fifty is for the silicon hardness degree....:deadhorse:

Happy listening!

Attachments

• 20240420193346.jpg
    20240420193346.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240420193307.jpg
    20240420193307.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #7,942 of 8,034
Interesting … thank you for the tip. :) *pun intended*

I’ve been using Azla Crystal which come close but it’s been hard to find a tip that accurately represents Trialii’s OEM presentation.

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #7,946 of 8,034
Apr 21, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #7,948 of 8,034
Finally got the new and pretty grey series ear tips from Jaben Oriolus China after loooong time shipping, had to admit that it becomes my favorite tip on birds for now. Also I heard it becomes the standard ear tips for Trailli Ti when they demo on the Chinese HiFi forums.

In short, or maybe not, the new tips retain the expansive soundstaging of the original generation while enhancing the audio signature. Improvements include better mid-bass response, more refined imaging in the low-mid range, and improved sibilance control. The introduction of more sizes and the use of harder silicone material also cater to a broader range of ear shapes, maintaining the soundstage design of the first generation.

Interestingly, the new tips now come in six sizes, ranging from SS to LL. Previously, I found the medium size slightly too small, while the large was too big. In this new lineup, I initially tried sizes M and ML. The ML provided a great seal, enhancing the bass response significantly, but due to the new harder silicone material and slightly larger fit, it was uncomfortable for prolonged use. However, after experimenting for a few days, I shifted to the LL size. Surprisingly, it fit perfectly—comfortably snug around the outer ear area without any pain, offering a sturdy fit.

I would really recommend to try those new tips if they would introduce to north america for sale.

As alternative ones, I would suggest the Azla SE1500 which would find on their own IEM or the VE Phonix Limited, as well as the Azla SednaEarfit short grey. Both would guarentee the top tier sound quality from the bird as tips functionality under friendly wearing side of the Azla family. And SE1500 with freq range(low, mid, high) focus on 3, 4, 3 and Azla short grey with 3.5, 3.5, 3.

The SE1500 would sacrifce the transverse sound stage for certain extent but is perfect for popluar music with much forward and more intimate mid-range. The Azla Short grey would be the all rounder. Of cause the stronger ear guys would pick the original Azla SednaEarfit Black.:)

***********************SOMETHING WEIRD***************************
The internal name from the Jaben for the new tips is quite interesting, 'Fifty Shades of Grey'. With coincidence or not to the 'erotic' movie, the fifty is for the silicon hardness degree....:deadhorse:

Happy listening!
Thank you gor the review!

May you please share the link of where to buy those new grey tips?

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #7,949 of 8,034
Thank you gor the review!

May you please share the link of where to buy those new grey tips?
I purchased them via the Oriolus Taobao Chinese online store and use DHL to ship to US. I am not sure if the international store is available for that products or not. I guess we could ask MusicTeck if they would like to do the favor to import some of these :)(https://m.tb.cn/h.g0j7qC2e)

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #7,950 of 8,034
I purchased them via the Oriolus Taobao Chinese online store and use DHL to ship to US. I am not sure if the international store is available for that products or not. I guess we could ask MusicTeck if they would like to do the favor to import some of these :)(https://m.tb.cn/h.g0j7qC2e)
Got you, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back