So there are 2 new releases from Oriveti

The OH300 which replaces the New Primacy:

Features:
* Handmade Resin Earphone Body;
* 2+1 Hybrid Driver Technology;
* 8 Wires (Silver Plated Copper) Braided Detachable Cable;
* Natural & Balanced Sound;

Specification:
Drivers: One Dual Knowles Balanced Armatures + one 8MM Dynamic Driver.
Impedance: 13 Ohm
Frequency Response: 20~20KHz
Sensitivity: 108+-3dB/mW, 1000Hz
Distortion: <1%
Cable: 8 wires Silver Plated Copper with MMCX connector
Plug: Gold-plated 3.5mm Stereo Plug
Cable: 1.2 M

Package Includes:
Earphone body - 1pair
8 wires Detachable Cable - 1pc
Leather Carrying Case - 1pc
S, M, L Silicone Tips - 2pair per size
M form tips - 2pairs
Double Flange Tips- 2pairs
Cleaning tool - 1pc

MSRP: $299

OH300.webp

And the OH500 a 5 driver model:

Features:
* Handmade Resin Earphone Body;
* 4+1 Hybrid Driver Technology;
* Handmade Class 8 Wires (Silver Plated Copper) Braided Detachable Cable;
* Natural & Balanced Sound;

Specification:
Drivers: 4 Knowles Balanced Armatures + one 8MM Dynamic Driver.
Impedance: 12 Ohm
Frequency Response: 20~20KHz
Sensitivity: 110+-3dB/mW, 1000Hz
Distortion: <1%
Cable: Handmade Class 8 wires Silver Plated Copper with MMCX connector
Plug: Gold-plated 3.5mm Stereo Plug
Cable: 1.2 M

Package Includes:
Earphone body - 1pair
8 wires Detachable Cable - 1pc
Leather Carrying Case - 1pc
S, M, L Silicone Tips - 2pair per size
M form tips - 2pairs
Double Flange Tips- 2pairs
Cleaning tool - 1pc

MSRP: $499

OH500.webp

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 262
OH300 looks more comfortable to me ,

Any impressions about these iems ,?

Only had a brief listen today at work. OH500 is slightly full and lush with great separation and detail. Great control overall and an easy listen, a lot to like for the price.

OH300 is an excellent replacement for the new primacy. A little added body down low, but better coherency and more controlled highs. Still a similar, neutral leaning sound signature, that I might possibly prefer over the OH500.

I might have some expensive IEM's, but the OH300 would happily be a daily use IEM for my tastes.

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 262
That's great you have both models ,
do you think the HO300 is a up grade or technically a better performor over the ONP ,?

Also ineed some comparison the HO500 with some other popular models like IT04 , DK4001, Rai Panta , Andromeda etc ,,,

Anyway you start a nice thread , hopefully more peoples and the owners of OH300/500 will join this .

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 262
Is the OH300 less bulky than the 500 then? Kind of wish I'd gone for them in that case, as I get fed up of the 500s in my minuscule ears after a couple of hours. Might sell them on and go 300.

I agree that the 500 is full and lush, and I do enjoy the greater sub bass extension over the NP. Maybe a little dark too, if I'm using that term correctly? They certainly aren't as intolerant of poorly encoded files as brighter IEMs I've tried.

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 262
Only had a brief listen today at work. OH500 is slightly full and lush with great separation and detail. Great control overall and an easy listen, a lot to like for the price.

OH300 is an excellent replacement for the new primacy. A little added body down low, but better coherency and more controlled highs. Still a similar, neutral leaning sound signature, that I might possibly prefer over the OH500.

I might have some expensive IEM's, but the OH300 would happily be a daily use IEM for my tastes.

Always had a soft spot for the New Primacy. How do you think the OH500 compared to the current crop of 5 driver hybrids? Is it possible more in the FH5 end of the market, or taking a shot at more expensive gear like the AKG N5005 / FidueFSirius / Dunu!DK-4001?

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #7 of 262

Hi @ostewart, can you please let me know if the 300 is the same size/insertion depth as the 500?

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #8 of 262
Mar 28, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #10 of 262
Just had another session with the 500s and some smaller tips. Falling in love with them a bit. They’re so rich and authorative. The separation is immense and the weighty thud is addictive. Tracks that can sound like a congested mess like the Pumpkins’ Jellybelly are rendered with clarity but still deep and warm and dark. Crispier stuff like Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend also sounds great.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #11 of 262
Just had another session with the 500s and some smaller tips. Falling in love with them a bit. They’re so rich and authorative. The separation is immense and the weighty thud is addictive. Tracks that can sound like a congested mess like the Pumpkins’ Jellybelly are rendered with clarity but still deep and warm and dark. Crispier stuff like Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend also sounds great.
How is the vocals quality and positioning and soundstage height/depth ,?

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #13 of 262
Friendly PSA,

Very decent IEMs, both Triple & Penta configs, subjectively & personally, I would consider the Triples myself if I didn't have so many good IEMs on hand to listen to already.
Rather ironic considering how much I like Triple Drivers, I only have three...
Oh well, maybe one day if only to add to the collection.

When I have more time, I would definitely consider listening to both again with the Oriveti Affinity cable as didn't have time to use that with either during the demo.

If anyone needs more detail on my humbly subjective & personal sound impressions, let me now.
As of writing this post, don't have a lot of time to go into lengthy specifics.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back