Oriveti OH300 + OH500 (3/5 driver hybrid IEM's) Thread
May 23, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #31 of 262
So after a good day testing both OH300, OH500 and my ONP at Jaben audio. I still stand strong the New Primacy is my favourite, especially after upgrading to a 16 core SPC cable from ISN Audio. I first swapped to an Effect Audio Ares ii and the sound was very nice but this cable from ISN Audio is the game changer for me. The OH300 and OH500 sounding slight fuller, wider and bigger at first when using the Ares ii on the ONP was a nice change but I still preffered the sound of the ONP while feeling like in between the OH300 and OH500, yes slightly smaller sound and slightly less detail but just something of the ONP always made stay loyal to them. Switching to the ISN SPC 16 core cable, now this is where everything changed and I much prefer the ONP now, much much more. Wider and deeper soundstage, a blacker background, slightly more impact and extension in the low end while becoming tighter and quicker. Mids getting a slight boost and the detail is so much better now compared to the OH300 and 0H500 and the treble now is more extended, something I always wanted more on the ONP and treble is slightly elevated but no where sharp. Smooth, analytical, fun and crystal clear is how I would describe the ONP now. 2 years loyal and still using them till this day and loving them more and more. The OH300 and OH500 are great iems and great bang for the buck, but for me. The ONP is still in its Primacy .
20190523_233223.jpg
20190523_232201.jpg
20190523_232952.jpg
20190523_231948.jpg
20190523_232022.jpg

Attachments

• 20190523_231948.jpg
    20190523_231948.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190523_232201.jpg
    20190523_232201.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190523_232952.jpg
    20190523_232952.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190523_233223.jpg
    20190523_233223.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
May 23, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #32 of 262
So after a good day testing both OH300, OH500 and my ONP at Jaben audio. I still stand strong the New Primacy is my favourite, especially after upgrading to a 16 core SPC cable from ISN Audio. I first swapped to an Effect Audio Ares ii and the sound was very nice but this cable from ISN Audio is the game changer for me. The OH300 and OH500 sounding slight fuller, wider and bigger at first when using the Ares ii on the ONP was a nice change but I still preffered the sound of the ONP while feeling like in between the OH300 and OH500, yes slightly smaller sound and slightly less detail but just something of the ONP always made stay loyal to them. Switching to the ISN SPC 16 core cable, now this is where everything changed and I much prefer the ONP now, much much more. Wider and deeper soundstage, a blacker background, slightly more impact and extension in the low end while becoming tighter and quicker. Mids getting a slight boost and the detail is so much better now compared to the OH300 and 0H500 and the treble now is more extended, something I always wanted more on the ONP and treble is slightly elevated but no where sharp. Smooth, analytical, fun and crystal clear is how I would describe the ONP now. 2 years loyal and still using them till this day and loving them more and more. The OH300 and OH500 are great iems and great bang for the buck, but for me. The ONP is still in its Primacy .
Have you also tried the ISN cable with OH300/500 ,???

May 23, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #33 of 262
Have you also tried the ISN cable with OH300/500 ,???
Yes I have haha, I still prefer the ONP. The 500 does sound very nice but the treble felt a bit lacking for me but I will say still a very good iem that can be used all day and it does have great detail. But the ONP has that smooth treble energy I'm looking for with that midrange. I will say the OH500 had a bit more emotion in the midrange, sounding more lush. But the ONP had more detail and I found separation slightly better as well and the clarity and smoothness is what got my hooked and also the treble. I wasn't left wanting more or less. The OH300 I enjoyed a bit more than the OH500, but I found the treble was a bit much for with the ISN cable. Though very energetic and still smooth, I think the 300 would do better with a SPC and Copper cable or just pure Copper cable to bring out the smoothness and bumb up the low end a bit. But even though I didn't mind the sound. The ONP was smoother, more detailed, I preffered the treble presentation also a bit more. Soundstage and seperation was actually slightly more similar compared to the two. But tne ONP for me had the edge. Don't get me wrong, the OH500 and OH300 are great iems, the really are and maybe the SPC 16 core ISN cable isnt the best match for the as well. A pure silver cable for the OH500 would do wonders and then I'd probs love the OH500 as much as the ONP because it was a very nice and smooth listen, I just wanted that little bit extra more treble, in no way did it feel rolled off, just felt darker but still extended nicely. With the OH300, it was energetic but not as smooth and jusy caused more fatigue to my ears a little bit quicker so a copper cable would smooth that out a bit and make the sound slightly fuller. They all a seriously great iems, if I had cables for the OH300 and OH500, I get both as they all had slight differences. 300 for a fun, energetic listen, 500 for a nice smooth and detailed listen. ONP when you want the best of the both. All great iems though, very great. Just the ONP is best for me . I used a Fiio Q5 hooked up to my Samsung S9 using poweramp as my source.

May 24, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #34 of 262
Yes I have haha, I still prefer the ONP. The 500 does sound very nice but the treble felt a bit lacking for me but I will say still a very good iem that can be used all day and it does have great detail. But the ONP has that smooth treble energy I'm looking for with that midrange. I will say the OH500 had a bit more emotion in the midrange, sounding more lush. But the ONP had more detail and I found separation slightly better as well and the clarity and smoothness is what got my hooked and also the treble. I wasn't left wanting more or less. The OH300 I enjoyed a bit more than the OH500, but I found the treble was a bit much for with the ISN cable. Though very energetic and still smooth, I think the 300 would do better with a SPC and Copper cable or just pure Copper cable to bring out the smoothness and bumb up the low end a bit. But even though I didn't mind the sound. The ONP was smoother, more detailed, I preffered the treble presentation also a bit more. Soundstage and seperation was actually slightly more similar compared to the two. But tne ONP for me had the edge. Don't get me wrong, the OH500 and OH300 are great iems, the really are and maybe the SPC 16 core ISN cable isnt the best match for the as well. A pure silver cable for the OH500 would do wonders and then I'd probs love the OH500 as much as the ONP because it was a very nice and smooth listen, I just wanted that little bit extra more treble, in no way did it feel rolled off, just felt darker but still extended nicely. With the OH300, it was energetic but not as smooth and jusy caused more fatigue to my ears a little bit quicker so a copper cable would smooth that out a bit and make the sound slightly fuller. They all a seriously great iems, if I had cables for the OH300 and OH500, I get both as they all had slight differences. 300 for a fun, energetic listen, 500 for a nice smooth and detailed listen. ONP when you want the best of the both. All great iems though, very great. Just the ONP is best for me . I used a Fiio Q5 hooked up to my Samsung S9 using poweramp as my source.
Nice detailed impressions , thank you very much .

May 24, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #37 of 262
@HardstyleLoco96 Does the playing of the OH500 change slightly over time?
I am not certain as I don't own the OH500, I have tested it out for a good few hours though as I have visited Jaben 3 days and stayed there nearly 4 hours so I'd say its about 11 to 12 hours of listening and comparing I did with the Oriveti OH500, OH300 and New Primacy. Maybe burn in does occur and the treble does come out a bit, but to be completely honest I am not 100% certain. All I can say is, it's a very smooth, warm slightly dark iem. Has great lows that rumble and have impact, mids have a lot of emotion and detail, treble is extended and smooth but a bit on the warmer and darker. side of tuning. Overall a great iem.

May 29, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #38 of 262
Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #39 of 262
Unboxing 01.jpg
Unboxing 05.jpg
Unboxing 06.jpg

First impressions are very good. Highly detailed, clean sound. Excellent bass. A rather full and satisfying timbre.

May 31, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #41 of 262
Jun 19, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #45 of 262
I got a pair today after many days of demo-ing both the OH-300 and 500. Both are very nice IEMs soundwise and the fit for both are fantastic! They are very light, fully sealed, and should not wear you out on longer listening sessions. I personally find that the OH-500 comes with more impactful bass and lush vocal. Separation and detail are very nicely done. But what impresses me further is the stock copper cable. Wow that thing is a beauty and it just comes with the IEM.
IMG_20190619_143839_380.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back