Philadelphia Area Meet-Up Jan 28th 2018 - NO football that weekend
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2017 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 117

leesure

1000+ Head-Fier
What: Philly area meet (less than two hours from NYC and Baltimore and 3 hours from DC)

When: Sunday, January 28th from 11-5-ish. This is the week between the Conf. Championships and the Super Bowl.

Where: The Photo Loft...my 2700 sq ft studio at 403 East Walnut St, North Wales, PA 19454

Who: All y'all...of course! I'll be updating the members and vendors who are attending as I go.

Here's a link to the last meet I held here: https://head-fi.org/threads/philadelphia-area-meet-january-29-2017-no-football-that-weekend.817744/

Impressions Thread: https://head-fi.org/threads/philly-meet-jan-29th-2017-impressions-thread.833796/

Please indicate that you're attending and what you plan to bring in the comments so we can plan accordingly with tables, chairs, food and beverage!

Attending: (To be updated as I get RSVP's)

Leesure: Schiit Yggdrasil DAC and VPI Cliffwood Turntable feeding Schiit Ragnarock driving Ether-C's and LCD-X's
Mbyrnes: MZ2, Schiit Eitr, Modi Multibit, Monoprice M1060 (heavily modded with Fazor plates, vegan Audeze pads). Also my Hifiman HE-X V2s.
Metal571: Schiit Modi Multibit, Schiit Magni 3, Sennheiser HD 660 S, Sennheiser HD 800, Audeze EL-8 Titanium Closed, Bang & Olufsen H6 2nd Generation
doctorjazz: MicroZOTL2 (modded by Mojo Audio) and HE-1000 v2
ZeosPantera: Some STAX and some cheap stuff and everything in the middle.
SSDIGI4me: Source: Nativsound VITA; DAC: Soekris dac1541; Amp: SiCphones + Welborne Labs linear power supply + separately added input power switch and filter; Phones: Avantone Pro MP1 [closed back/16 ohms/113 dB sensitivity] driven from the Soekris front panel headphone jack; Beyerdynamic Amiron Home [open back/250 ohms/102 dB sensitivity] driven from the SiCphones amp.
Xef11:
Gman292: Focal Elear, Questyle CMA400i
Amphibica: Audeze LCD2.2
Peachtree Sona DAC
KimbaLion: my usual bag of tricks.
Gandhisfist:
kazsud: Schiit Yggdrasil, Audio Guild Electro Magnetic Amplifier C 535SE, HD800 S
eddiek997: McIntosh MHA150 driving HE1000v2 , Mojo driving Aeon Closed , Iphone bluetooth to B&O H6 Wireless
packgrog: iBasso D14 and modded Denon AH-D2000.
Viz Flux: Can't make it due to car accident...please keep him in your thoughts.
Mondrax: Feliks Elise, Sony Z1R, Elears, HD6XX, and modded Sony's Z7s. Along with some interesting tubes.
erichusucks: Modded Fostex th900, RSA The Predator, ibasso dx90
Dazedy: iFi micro iDSD Black Label, NAD Viso HP50 Senn HD6xx
ribosradagast: Oppo HA-2, Oppo PM3, Focal Elear, AKG K240, Periodic Audio Be, Maybe WA7's
PeterK: Bifrost multibit, Jotunheim, Fiio X7 MkII, th-x00 ebony, LCDi4 (hopefully)
talon7: iFi stack, mojo, Elears, Sony Z7s, black label, LG v10, v20, X7 gen 2, Vorzuge Vorzamp Duo, Dacamp L1, CLA Ceramic, other iems, Telefunken Aqusta.
King CATalyst: Aeon flow open, Crossfade 2 wireless
shut077: Aeon Flow Open, Aeon Flow Closed, Schiit Jotunheim (amp only), Schiit Fulla 2 (probably) , Sennheiser HD6xx
mullet: brand new DIY (at least for me) 6DJ8 tube amp
Dimitris: Esoteric D70, Apex HiFi Arete and Audeze LCD-X.
FrankI: The Headphone.Guru himself
gc335: LCD2.2, EL-8C, Mojo, DX200 (amp 1, 2 and 3), DT1770 (for sale), X5iii (for sale) and Fiio A5.
mshenay: HM 901 -> HeadAmp Pico Power, Modded Audio Technica ES 10, Ypsilon G1 , Nhoord, Red V1, Geek Out v2+ , Shanling M3s , Shanling M2s, Hifiman HM 601

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 117
For those who have asked how this while thing works...

People who are setting up gear, get there a little early if you can...space if first come first choose, so the best spots go quickly.

BRING EXTRA POWER STRIPS AND EXTENTION CORDS. You can never have too many and someone will forget one and be in need of borrowing.

Don't sprawl out all over the tabe...keep it tight...lots of people need to set up.

Bring a source! iPod, computer, CD Player, turntable, whatever.

Label your gear! Lots of people may have the same cans or amps.

It's nice to make up a paper listing exactly what you're showing so others don't have to ask and you'll have more freedom to wander.

While I've never been to a meet where something was stolen, I'd rather not have my meet be the first. So be aware of your setup or ask the person next to you to keep an eye on it when you go listening or to the bathroom.

Did I mention to bring extra power strips?

Those of you who are coming to listen...

We're thrilled to have you! The head-Fi community is exceptionally welcoming and willing to share. We love showing off our gear and the sound we have achieved.

We do ask that you be courteous:

-NEVER unplug headphones with the volume up or the source playing.

-many of the top headphones are open back...that means we all hear your conversations while we're listening. Remember to use your 'inside voices'

-Take a shower that morning and wash your ears...you're going to be trying on other people's headphones and others will be wearing yours...it's just commen sense and courtesy.

-bring your favorite music on your portable audio player...but please ASK the owner of the rig to which you would like to jack in to help you make the connection rather than just unplugging their current source without asking.

Then just have fun and enjoy the company and the sound!!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 117
I'm in, not sure what I'll bring yet. Cannot wait!

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 117
Dec 1, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 117
Yesssssss. Count me in. I'm unsure what cans I will have at the time, but I'm fairly certain the following will come with me (may update this further as we close in on the meet):

Schiit Modi Multibit
Schiit Magni 3

Sennheiser HD 660 S
Sennheiser HD 800
Audeze EL-8 Titanium Closed
Bang & Olufsen H6 2nd Generation

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 117
I'll try to make it, have really enjoyed the meet you put on in past years!
Likely bring my MicroZOTL2 (modded by Mojo Audio) and HE-1000 v2 (always an issue what to use as a source, usually bring some other stuff as well).
Looking forward to it!

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #10 of 117
I was at the previous meeting, and would like to return for the coming one. Likely toys:
Source: Nativsound VITA;
DAC: Soekris dac1541;
Amp: SiCphones + Welborne Labs linear power supply + separately added input power switch and filter;
Phones: Avantone Pro MP1 [closed back/16 ohms/113 dB sensitivity] driven from the Soekris front panel headphone jack;
Beyerdynamic Amiron Home [open back/250 ohms/102 dB sensitivity] driven from the SiCphones amp.

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #13 of 117
I was at the previous meeting, and would like to return for the coming one. Likely toys:
Source: Nativsound VITA;
DAC: Soekris dac1541;
Amp: SiCphones + Welborne Labs linear power supply + separately added input power switch and filter;
Phones: Avantone Pro MP1 [closed back/16 ohms/113 dB sensitivity] driven from the Soekris front panel headphone jack;
Beyerdynamic Amiron Home [open back/250 ohms/102 dB sensitivity] driven from the SiCphones amp.

Very much looking forward to checking out the soekris AIO. Been eyeing that as a potential purchase.

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #14 of 117
I will be there as usual! It's ALWAYS a good time! :)
I will bring my usual bag of goodies in an AMP and dac and head headphones as shown below.
Can't wait!

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #15 of 117
Great to see so many returning! Now I need your help. Spread the Word! Tell your local head-fi Friends...and other audiophiles. Let’s show them what this community is all about!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back