Pioneer HRM-7 Studio Monitor Headphones Discussion
Jan 22, 2015 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 150

EpicPie

500+ Head-Fier
Can't wait to try these out, for a $200 headphone I wonder how they will compare w/ other studio headphones like the Q701/702. :)

-EP

Specs from Pioneer:

Large HD Driver

The large 40 millimeter HD driver combined with a copper-clad aluminum wire (CCAW) voice coil and neodymium magnets built into the HRM-7 produce outstanding audio playback and great sound localization. The new HD driver along with its strong magnet structure can reproduce a very wide frequency response from 5 Hz to 40 kHz, ideal for all types of music listening including high-resolution audio files.

Dual Chamber Bass Reflex Enclosure

Pioneer developed a dual chamber bass reflex enclosure to enable the headphones to generate lower bass frequencies while still maintaining great control of the HD driver for increased audio accuracy. The sound isolating dual chamber (air chamber) prevents outside noise from affecting the enclosure, essentially increasing bass response while the integrated ports enhance the efficiency of the driver. The housing (enclosure) is further reinforced by a 3-layer damping structure, suppressing vibrations and unwanted resonance, resulting in improved audio response out of the HD driver.

Large Housing and Comfortable Ear pads

The housing of the HRM-7 creates a large listening chamber to produce a wide sound field for better sound localization. Wrapped around the housings are full-sized hybrid memory foam ear pads, that feel extremely comfortable, even when worn for long periods of time. Furthermore, the memory foam ear pads are covered with soft velour that contours around the ears to help reduce exterior sounds entering the listening chamber.

Designed to Fit

The 3D ergonomic design further optimizes the angled fit of the ear pads around the head while the free adjust head cushion helps produce a snug fit across the entire head without creating uncomfortable force.

Additional Features:

1. Detachable 1.2 m curled and 3 m straight cables using Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) litz wire.

2. Replacement velour ear pads

3. Gold-plated 6.3 mm stereo plug adapter.

Source:
http://www.djtechtools.com/2015/01/21/namm-2015-hrm-7-headphones-pioneer-enters-the-studio-monitoring-game/

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #3 of 150
Anyone got these yet? I'ts been quiet... Maybe if nobody buys these pioneer will discount the headphones and these will become a proper successor for se-a1000 as a great affordable headphones 
wink_face.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 150
Apr 12, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 150
These look interesting. I'm still waiting for the HDJ-2000mk2 to be released.

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 150
subbed

Aug 20, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #13 of 150
I tested it several weeks ago . So roughly from memory...
  1. Very light-weight
  2. Very comfortable
  3. Well built even though it is mostly plastic
  4. Detailed, neutral sound
  5. Bass is nice and tight but not as good as Yamaha MT220

It's supposed to be a monitor and I think it has accomplished its mission.

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #14 of 150
^ cool I just bought them for tracking/ monitoring. I just hope they bleed less than the mt220 because I cant have them bleed much intonthe mic. Those yammies were made for monitoring as well. Pioneer usually has their sound tuned to smooth highs but this and the master are their first non dj entries so we will see.

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #15 of 150
I tested it several weeks ago . So roughly from memory...
  • Very light-weight
  • Very comfortable
  • Well built even though it is mostly plastic
  • Detailed, neutral sound
  • Bass is nice and tight but not as good as Yamaha MT220

It's supposed to be a monitor and I think it has accomplished its mission.

Just realized I could have bought the t50 mk3 for the same price... should I be kicking myself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back