Post Grado HF-1 Pics here!
Sep 15, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #46 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Awesome. Don't lose that box!

That's a rockstar autograph right there.
cool.gif

Man, I hope those sigs make it to #53 *crosses fingers*

Edit: Nice Gibby's in the background. I spy an SG. What are the two others?

Gibson SG Standard (cherry), a Martin acoustic, and the furthest back is an Epi Special II (first guitar). I'm trying to add another Gibson to the arsenal. My brother works with a woman who's brother in law is the CEO or one down from that for Gibson, so I'm going to see how much her discount would be, I've been craving a Doublecut for quiet some time (as well as a LP Standard).

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #47 of 128
they look pretty cool without the pads on.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #49 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan
Gibson SG Standard (cherry), a Martin acoustic, and the furthest back is an Epi Special II (first guitar). I'm trying to add another Gibson to the arsenal. My brother works with a woman who's brother in law is the CEO or one down from that for Gibson, so I'm going to see how much her discount would be, I've been craving a Doublecut for quiet some time (as well as a LP Standard).

Wow those are some amazing axes, Guff. Here's my under-the-bed Gibson LP Custom from the 70's. It had a near miss on a trade for some PS-1s last year and has been hiding under the bed ever since lol.
LPMS2.jpg

OK that's enough sidetracking, back to your regularly scheduled pics!

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #50 of 128
Yep, they look just like I imagined - which I must say is pretty damn cool for the price. I also have a gut feeling they'll sound significantly better than the 225. I hope so.

Either way, they look much better than the 225 and will probably end up being a much better value. Get 'em while you can!

Hoping this will finally be a Grado headphone I can love forever and ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #51 of 128
I can't get over how slick these are. I wish I could listen to them NOW!!

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #52 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
OK that's enough sidetracking, back to your regularly scheduled pics!

But I like guitar talk
frown.gif
haha, very nice LP, if I get a new Gibby I'll be sure to take some pictures of it and show it off as well, heh.

Oh, and to all those thanking, no problem, figure it's the least I could do since the only reason I got them in the first place (or even delved into the pocket emptying headphone experience) is due to the forums.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #53 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan

[Napoleon Dynamite voice] "Luckyyyy" [/Napoleon Dynamite voice]

I got nothing to complain about though. I bought my mint Gibson Les Paul Studio (early 90's edition, same features as Customs only no binding) from a friend in jr. high school for $350. But I'm kind of over the Gibson sound, trying to move to a Jazzmaster, Jag, or Custom Tele to fulfill my post-rock fantasies.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Here's my under-the-bed Gibson LP Custom from the 70's. It had a near miss on a trade for some PS-1s last year and has been hiding under the bed ever since lol.

I love the PS-1 and all, but there's no way I'd make that trade. A 70's Custom! *DROOL*

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #54 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
[Napoleon Dynamite voice] "Luckyyyy" [/Napoleon Dynamite voice]

I got nothing to complain about though. I bought my mint Gibson Les Paul Studio (early 90's edition, same features as Customs only no binding) from a friend in jr. high school for $350. But I'm kind of over the Gibson sound, trying to move to a Jazzmaster, Jag, or Custom Tele to fulfill my post-rock fantasies.
wink.gif

I love the PS-1 and all, but there's no way I'd make that trade. A 70's Custom! *DROOL*

Very nice, I've played with some of the early 90s studios, nice guitars. I've also been looking into getting a Nashville Tele to experiment with. Though I'd really like a Nashville Tele with a B-bender.

Yes, I'm sitting here listening to the headphones and reading the forums, hence all the replies.

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #55 of 128
WOW!
my goodness Jahn! I am in love with your LP!
orphsmile.gif

Going on with the guitar talk, I'm actually building a butterscotch blonde Tele with EMG pickups
I'll post up pictures of it when I'm done.
Anyways, I think I'm going to go through with purchasing a HF-1.
Those pictures are IRRESISTABLE!
I can't get enough of that WOOD!
orphsmile.gif

btw, Jahn, feel free to sell me your LP lol. I'd be more than happy!

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #56 of 128
Jahn.. stop posting that LP custom pic!!! I want one!!

Cant wait for mine... Fitting how John Grado is the Michael Jordan of the headphone/stylus industry.

Wonder if he'll sign mine?

Garrett

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #57 of 128
At #185 i think i'll pushing it to get the signed box aswell. Here's hoping though.
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #59 of 128
Sorry for the side-post, but that's a real nice LP. My cousin has a black one (nearly indentical from my memory) but man does it weigh a ton. I have my precious Kramer Nightswan still. I got it from an auction sale when the original Kramer plant in Neptune NJ was going under (was only 5mins from my home back then). I can't find any reason to part with it even though I haven't played guitar seriously in nearly 10 years. I still pick it up now and then and put it down in embarrassment shortly thereafter :p

umm back to topic. Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm looking forward to receiving mine (soon I hope). #144

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #60 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_the_gamer
Sorry for the side-post, but that's a real nice LP. My cousin has a black one (nearly indentical from my memory) but man does it weigh a ton. I have my precious Kramer Nightswan still. I got it from an auction sale when the original Kramer plant in Neptune NJ was going under (was only 5mins from my home back then). I can't find any reason to part with it even though I haven't played guitar seriously in nearly 10 years. I still pick it up now and then and put it down in embarrassment shortly thereafter :p

umm back to topic. Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm looking forward to receiving mine (soon I hope). #144

Tim dont sell that swanny... prices are on the rise. I bought my 87 baretta for $225. re-wet sanded and polished its OEM paint to a shine. Theyre going for 2x that now on ebay.

Back to topic.... I'll post #88 when she gets here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back