Pre-Order the Chord Mojo 2 at Audio46
Jan 31, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #17 of 55
Do they really think that with the amount of the accessory (Poly) they've sold, they ought to make the micro-usb compatibility compromise for an update to the 6-year-old main product? Or are they just being lazy?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #19 of 55
So, to be clear, is Charging only through Micro USB?
I am beyond clueless if it is the case.

Jan 31, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #20 of 55
So, what is new here? How man taps? How many elements in the pulse array? Are they burying the lead here or is this not much of a change? If this is a Hugo 2 in a smaller/cheaper package, that would be something. The output is not quite there from the looks of it, but I'm going from memory. I wonder what this extra battery gets us.

I'll ask the reverse question to everyone else. Why did they add USB-C? What do they need higher data speeds for? DSD?

A few years ago I recommended the Mojo/Hugo2 to a friend and he inquired about the USB ports. I basically said that I'm pretty sure Chord gets what they need out of micro USB and gives no Fs so the next ones will probably have micro USB as well.

:deadhorse:

EDIT: looks like it has a menu button like on the TT2, but no display? Perhaps you get access to xfeed and aren't stuck in the warm curve. Interesting

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #21 of 55
What a mess, I’ve had mojo 4- 5 years back when it came out, and sold it only because of that stupid microusb (garbage) port, and now they’re doing this.
Wanted to check back on mojo but now I’ll better try Hugo

Jan 31, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 55
What a mess, I’ve had mojo 4- 5 years back when it came out, and sold it only because of that stupid microusb (garbage) port, and now they’re doing this.
Wanted to check back on mojo but now I’ll better try Hugo
I have bad news for you... check the ports

So what is this UHD DSP stuff? That seems to be why they added high speed usb. Could there be a portable scaler coming? :popcorn:

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #25 of 55
Recommendation to Chord: Next time, don't just release a product, better ask the users if they prefer a Poly compatibility or a full functionality USB-C port.

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #26 of 55
Wow!! exciting!!

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #29 of 55
Everyone disappointed but no ones heard it yet lol.

In addition to weird miniusb insistence, I see that people equally complain of not being taken into consideration by Chord. The sound of course is normally the first parameter to evaluate but in this case a company giving no f's at all disappoints people and gets ahead of the sound.

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #30 of 55
They could have updated the poly and gotten rid of the old micro usb. I'm still going to look up some reviews on sound, I think it will sound equally good if not better. But the price is off putting with 25% increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back