Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 29, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #16,923 of 24,677

Is that even out yet?

Strangely, it is in my local cinema. I've just checked and the official release date is supposed to be April 10th? I actually watched this movie on Friday (27th). 
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #16,924 of 24,677
  Strangely, it is in my local cinema. I've just checked and the official release date is supposed to be April 10th? I actually watched this movie on Friday (27th). 
biggrin.gif

Sneak preview?

I need to move wherever you are:)

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #16,925 of 24,677

Sneak preview?

I need to move wherever you are:)

Its a great movie, but rather ruined by the ending. I don't want to spoil it for you (might already have 
biggrin.gif
), but the plot is about an extremely talented coder that gets sent to top secret facility to test out an artificial intelligence robotic human whatever you wanna call it. The outcome is spectacular, and i would have given it a solid 9 if, again, it weren't for that ending. I think people here would love it. I really urge you to watch it.

Oh trust me, you wouldn't want to come to Kuwait. Summer is not officially here yet and the temperature is already reaching 40 degrees celsius. 

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #16,926 of 24,677
  Its a great movie, but rather ruined by the ending. I don't want to spoil it for you (might already have 
biggrin.gif
), but the plot is about an extremely talented coder that gets sent to top secret facility to test out an artificial intelligence robotic human whatever you wanna call it. The outcome is spectacular, and i would have given it a solid 9 if, again, it weren't for that ending. I think people here would love it. I really urge you to watch it.

Oh trust me, you wouldn't want to come to Kuwait. Summer is not officially here yet and the temperature is already reaching 40 degrees celsius. 

It's on my must see list. I though initially it would be a higher budget version of The Machine but that appears not to be the case.

40 sounds good to me right about now. We just had one of the harshest winters on record and still snow two days ago.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #16,928 of 24,677
A night in old Mexico,

Fell asleep half way through.  An old grumpy guy, his boring grandson stumbling on $150 grand during a night out on the town.  Getting drunk and flirting at the local whore house on some other guys found $$$.  They're being stalked by a local thug who thinks the best way to get his $$ back is to just follow them from a long distance through the streets of Mexico.

I went comatose after ~60 minutes.

Pompeii
I really enjoyed this one, stunning visual effects.  Don't know how historically accurate it is, but that didn't hinder my enjoyment of it all.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #16,929 of 24,677
The Divergent Games          MockIngSurgent.    2/10  Only due to the fact that Sheylene is much easier on the eyes than that other chick in that other series. So Matrix/Hunger/Twilight B grade film with A grade budget. Ouch! I lived through this in the 70's and really hoped that the phenom would not resurface. 2 dollar script and name brand actors eager to get their snouts in the trough for a continuing series paycheck without having to degrade themselves to tv. Shame on you all.
Teen angst from Twilight, VR from Matrix the rest of the plot well you know where it came from.
If you're old enough to feed yourself stay away from this. It'll rot your brain.

If you're gonna throw huge bucks at youth oriented books, do Enid Blyton's famous 5 series fer gods sake. At least it's not insulting to the grey matter.

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #16,930 of 24,677
  The Divergent Games          MockIngSurgent.    2/10  Only due to the fact that Sheylene is much easier on the eyes than that other chick in that other series. So Matrix/Hunger/Twilight B grade film with A grade budget. Ouch! I lived through this in the 70's and really hoped that the phenom would not resurface. 2 dollar script and name brand actors eager to get their snouts in the trough for a continuing series paycheck without having to degrade themselves to tv. Shame on you all.
Teen angst from Twilight, VR from Matrix the rest of the plot well you know where it came from.
If you're old enough to feed yourself stay away from this. It'll rot your brain.

If you're gonna throw huge bucks at youth oriented books, do Enid Blyton's famous 5 series fer gods sake. At least it's not insulting to the grey matter.

Yeah it was horrible isn´t it. I am impressed by your generosity. The worst thing is I am sure this will be getting sequels.

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #16,932 of 24,677
Margin Call - 4/10

Basically lots of filler material about things that are not important to the story. The entire movie is just this and people standing around doing nothing.
It's labeled as a thriller which is pretty funny. A documentary or a good google search on the subject would actually be better than watching this.
No idea how they got such a good cast for this movie.

I actually bought this for $5 thinking it was new, but I got a used one resealed. Not worth even that.

PS on my way to get Interstellar on Blu-ray. Came out today
biggrin.gif

It's also back in theaters on the 7th!

The Walking Dead - 9/10

I know this isn't a movie, but I wanted to post this anyway. All the stories are interconnected so it feels like one super long movie.
First TV show i've watched regularly since "Doc Martin", "Whale Wars" and "MacGyver". No kidding.
I watched all of these in the span of a few weeks. Oh and I generally hate gory movies and avoid ALL horror movies.

Season 1 - Very good
Season 2 - Zombie soap opera. Wanted to punch my TV multiple times or yell at it. This dragged on forever but I couldn't wait to see what happens.
Season 3 - Best season yet
Season 4 - Just as good
Season 5 - in the middle of it. Episode one was too disturbing and too gory. The neck slicing scene bothered me a lot.

Seriously I had no clue this kind of stuff could be on basic cable. In a way it's violent/excessively gory garbage, but I can't help but watch.
I'm wondering how the heck this originally got a TV-14 rating. That's insane! I'd say it's the goriest thing i've ever watched (other than "Brain Dead").
I really hate how the writers seemingly are obsessed with death. They not only kill off my favorite characters, but then make it look like they're still alive, but graphically finish them off. Oh and then have their zombie heads still laying around to be stabbed with a sword. It seems like only the good guys really die so graphically. Having a character die every episode gets kind of old. They're usually the ones I like too.

Hope they don't end the series and hope they don't keep making it more and more gory and try to push the limits of what's allowed on TV.

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #16,933 of 24,677
Just got my Blu-Ray copy of "Interstellar"!
Woo-Hoo!
:D

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #16,935 of 24,677

Users who are viewing this thread

Back